cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift SI 1.22 Now Available on Public Test Channel

cybereality
Grand Champion
We're back from the holidays with the latest Rift SI release that's rolling out now on the Public Test Channel. We've added some key features to make navigating and managing your Library on desktop even better. Rift Core 2.0 — Dash and Oculus Home — benefit from numerous performance and stability improvements. Please continue to share feedback and suggestions through our Rift Core UserVoice Group, and report bugs via the in-app reporting tool.

Changes

• Oculus desktop app:
    • Multiple Library locations
      • Install and manage your VR apps for Oculus across more than one hard drive or Windows folder
    • Library detail panel:
      • View detailed information about your use of each app, including playtime hours and achievements
  • Graphics:
    • Added 8x MSAA support
  • Rift Core 2.0 (Beta):
    • Oculus Home:
      • Graphics settings now have their own section within the Options menu
      • Implemented a number of rendering and performance improvements
      • Fixed several interaction and/or graphical issues with various objects
    • Dash:
      • Improved performance when running apps acquired from outside the Oculus Store
      • Addressed several Oculus Desktop application compatibility issues
      • Introduced fixes for a number of hardware compatibility issues
      • Assorted bug fixes and stability improvements
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
72 REPLIES 72

beyondinfinity
Expert Protege
Can someone who updated (or cybereality) tell me if the Guardian system now works in Classic Home?

EDIT: It works!

cybereality
Grand Champion
I'm not sure if that bug was fixed, but please give it a try and submit a bug report if you find any issues. If I remember correct, you can revert to the non-beta release (meaning leaving the test channel, just switching to classic home is not the same thing) if you want to use the old home interface for the time being.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

beyondinfinity
Expert Protege

I'm not sure if that bug was fixed, but please give it a try and submit a bug report if you find any issues. If I remember correct, you can revert to the non-beta release (meaning leaving the test channel, just switching to classic home is not the same thing) if you want to use the old home interface for the time being.

I've already been in communication with Oculus Support; submitted my bug report and Oculus logs, and reverted to the non-beta release. Here's to hoping it got fixed with this patch so I can enjoy Rift Core 2.0 once again!

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Awesome! I'm looking forward to testing the performance improvements for non-native apps, and I'm sure plenty of people will be happy about multiple library locations! (I'm using a 1 TB SSD dedicated to VR apps, so it's not an issue for me yet, but it's getting there!) The library details panel sounds good too!

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

DanTheManVR
Explorer
I don't see any options in the new Dash to Manage or choose a new hard drive for installing VR apps? Am I missing something? I uninstalled one, re-installed it and it went to the same location as before, no prompt asking for a new location to be set. Thanks! Would love to move a few of my popular VR apps to my SSD and leave the bulk of them on the Firecuda SSHD which has been a let down in terms of load time.

john.zigmont
Heroic Explorer
How do I install my games to another drive ?
I also getting notifications that my Oculus isn't working correctly and it is working fine.

EQGeldo
Explorer
My Oculus home is showing 1.22 and I've checked settings > General but there's no options to change the default library folder. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same. On Oculus 1.22, no option to change library.

cybereality
Grand Champion
The library options are under Settings -> General -> Library Locations.

0usva55rfwbc.png

When you add a new location, please set it to default (right dots) so that it will be active for your next game download.