New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

I wish i could rotate the play area

ElunedraElunedra Posts: 87
Hiro Protagonist
edited January 10 in Support
 my play area is tilted, and sadly therefor i have a rather small play aera while my actaul area is 150x200cm but sadly i cant edit it

i dont know if i can somehow trick it to see it was a rectangle..

Comments

• BeastyBaiterBeastyBaiter Posts: 702 Poster of the Week
    LOL, same issue here. I haven't found a solution either.
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,069 Power Poster
    When the setup program asked you to point towards your monitor, point to the edge of your play area that you want to be the front. In the image above, point to the middle between your two sensors, and that will make your playspace aligned properly to the grid.

It doesn't matter where your actual monitor is, the program just assumes that your monitor is the front of your space. (Hint: it doesn't have to be.)
    i7 5820K 4.25 GHz | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair LPX 32GB DDR4 3000 | Corsair Hydro H100i | Corsair HX750
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Samsung 850 Evo SSD 1 TB | Samsung 840 Evo SSD 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3TB
    My Oculus Medium sketchbook thread, and my Oculus Medium Gallery
  • ElunedraElunedra Posts: 87
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited January 11
    Thanks that totally worked, i just had to fake the step where you try to set the camera position relative to your monitor and instead point at one of my strait sides
    along with the guardian_boundary_editor i got some nice square space covering my entire play area

• gordonhamsaygordonhamsay Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Also, unless I am very mistaken, it doesn't matter what your play area say it is. It will be whatever your boundaries you set are.