New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Anybody have any suggestions for optimal positioning in my PC Room.

SethiestSethiest Posts: 12
NerveGear
Thanks for any assistance!

I'm looking for how far apart i should have the two sensors and how high up the wall? I have it set up strangely ATM in a workable fashion but I want to have a permanent setup so I don't have to mess about with all the cables etc. The play space of the room is roughly 9ft by 9ft and 9ft high?

Would it be two far apart if I had the sensors in each top corner? 

Id love to try it myself but I don't see how I could without committing to mounting the sensors first. I don't want to make unnecessary holes in the walls!

Comments

• nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,106 Power Poster
    I would try putting the sensors on those two shelves and see how it works for you. Generally, having them high up (6-8') and looking down at you gives the best result. With a 9' wide space, you can pretty much put them right to the outside corners.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
    My Oculus Medium sketchbook thread, and my Oculus Medium Gallery
  • zork2001zork2001 Posts: 534
    Trinity
    I would put them on the top corners across from each other. The sensors are so light you could probably mount them with just 1 nail if you wanted to; when it comes time to take them out just 1 small hole with a finger full of speckling will fix that up.
  • xWandererxxWandererx Posts: 386
    Trinity
    zork2001 said:
    I would put them on the top corners across from each other. The sensors are so light you could probably mount them with just 1 nail if you wanted to; when it comes time to take them out just 1 small hole with a finger full of speckling will fix that up.
    Nail??
  • zork2001zork2001 Posts: 534
    Trinity
    why not I have hung pictures with 1 nail that weigh 4 times more than these sensors.
  • Roming22Roming22 Posts: 140
    Art3mis
    Get something like these: https://www.amazon.com/OdiySurveil-Security-Housing-Bracket-Camera/dp/B00R96X9DS/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1515785629&sr=8-4&keywords=camera+mounting+bracket

You'll be able to use just one nail to hang them.

I would put them as high as I could, either at the corners, or on the side of the middle pillar.
  • SethiestSethiest Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    edited January 12
    Update!

I cant put them at opposite sides of the room because they need to be within 6 ft of each other. 

I think I may go for either the red or blue locations.

I don't think I can have them too high up because they don't have a very good range on them. I think it'd limit how far back I could go?

I'm hoping that will work until I get the 3rd sensor in behind. Which will be fun trying to get that not looking like a saw thumb!
  • danknugzdanknugz Posts: 1,987
    3Jane
    edited January 12
    i used these, they worked great

https://www.amazon.com/iSaddle-Thread-Double-Sided-Adhesive-Universal/dp/B00BPRLNQ2

also, for positioning, looks like youve got some space in the upper corners of the room near the ceiling. i would mount there and angle the cameras appropriately. you could then mount the third and fourth on the back side walls or maybe even the upper corners. your room looks small enough to not have any issues with sensor proximity issues. i have 4 sensors and they are like 15 ft apart from each other, 4 corners of a room and mounted about 8 ft up, works fine.
    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
    Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
    A: Top-posting.
    Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?
    I have my front sensors about 8' apart and 8' above the floor. My rear sensor is 11' back from my front right sensor, and about 7' up. This setup works great. Now, if I could just clear all the furniture out of the room, I'd have a nice big play space!
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • SethiestSethiest Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    edited January 12
    Does anyone know if all the sensors have to be level?
    No, they don't have to be level. I've taken mine off the stands and use camera mount clips to attach them to some shelves. The stems are leaning out at about 45° to get the right downward angle on the sensor.

BESTEAM Tripod Camera Clip Clamp Flash Reflector Holder Mount for Studio Backdrop Camera
  • Hiro_Protag0nistHiro_Protag0nist Posts: 4,420 Valuable Player
    Don't have them too low.  If you crouch down the sensors won't see you through the desk.

Nice and high!