New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Help with determining if I can run oculus

alecjohalecjoh Posts: 2
NerveGear
Hi,

Recently I tried a Oculus Rift at a friends house and absolutely fell in love with it. The only problem is that my oculus compatibility test has come back with not so positive results. As someone who is just getting into virtual reality would i still be able to run Oculus even with my processor? (also every other category was green)  

Comments

• CarlDwyerCarlDwyer Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    When I received my Rift, I tried installing on an under-powered PC, the installation would not precede. 
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 23,503 Oculus Staff
    For the USB warning, you can buy an add-on card, or try some of the USB 2.0 ports on your machine. However, that CPU is not compatible, as far as I know, so you may not even be able to get it to work at all.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • OmegaM4NOmegaM4N Posts: 69
    Hiro Protagonist
    CPU is fine but that intergrated GPU is just not powerful enough for VR, you would need to buy a video card to replace that intergrated GPU.
    And as for your USB a inateck card would be the way to go to solve almost all your USB issues.
  • IlovethisIlovethis Posts: 22
    Brain Burst
    No you can’t you need the minimal requirements.
  • alecjohalecjoh Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Thanks everyone :)