cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the Valve knuckles come to the rift?

Glaidr
Protege
So I know that valve is heavily involved/major partner with HTC on the Vive.

BUT

Since the new vive Pro is shipping without the knuckles, and the knuckles are decidedly named the "Valve Knuckles", do you think there is ANY possibility of them becoming available for the rift? A 3rd party controller similar to what you can find for Xbox and PlayStation?

It would increase market share... 
39 REPLIES 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
No because there wouldn't be any point. Almost every Rift owner already has Touch controllers.

Syrellaris
Rising Star
Doubt it, nor would I want it.

elboffor
Consultant

Doubt it, nor would I want it.

This
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

falken76
Expert Consultant
We already have touch and the system now comes with Touch controllers.  I also don't see many Devs making use of all the fingers.  We naturally use our index finger and thumb, the other 3 fingers really only need to grip.  It's not like we need the dexterity required to play a guitar here.  I think they would not get the ROI they would want because most of us wouldn't buy the knuckles since we already have motion controllers.

Rob_In_Phoenix
Rising Star
Knuckles controllers would not replace Touch controllers in my system.  I love the touch controllers, they're relatively cheap and they work great.

And Knuckles with a touch pad, really?

Anonymous
Not applicable

falken76 said:

We already have touch and the system now comes with Touch controllers.  I also don't see many Devs making use of all the fingers.  We naturally use our index finger and thumb, the other 3 fingers really only need to grip.  It's not like we need the dexterity required to play a guitar here.  I think they would not get the ROI they would want because most of us wouldn't buy the knuckles since we already have motion controllers.

The only thing I can think of where you'd use your pinky finger is if you were posh and drinking tea or if you were a headbanger doing the headbanger sign lol 😄

YoLolo69
Trustee
Wow, didn't realize "knuckles" have touch pad instead of thumbstick. Erggg, with all respect to all persons who like this kind of input, it's a big no for me, thanks you sir 😉

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Different tracking systems, different communication protocols. Not likely. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Anonymous
Not applicable
I honestly like the idea of the knuckle controllers better, since I want full dexterity in vr for some reason I don't feel fully immersed with the current touch controllers but I guess it's up to personal preference