cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

poor hand tracking

Sonm3
Sightseer
hey, im trying to reach the oculus team or anyone who can help me with hand tracking.  during set up there is a portion that has you point at three orbs in the air.  No matter what i do my finger beams are always way off, like 60 degrees off.  they seem to come out the front of the controller rather than where your IRL fingers come out and point when you lift them off the trigger.  is there any way to fix this?  It really brakes my immersion especially in games like super hot where i need to use my hands accurately 
2 REPLIES 2

Richooal
Consultant

Sonm3 said:

No matter what i do my finger beams are always way off, like 60 degrees off.  they seem to come out the front of the controller rather than where your IRL fingers come out and point when you lift them off the trigger.

Maybe I've got different fingers to you. The beam, coming from the front of the controller, seems to be going pretty much the same way my finger points.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee

Sonm3 said:

hey, im trying to reach the oculus team or anyone who can help me with hand tracking.  during set up there is a portion that has you point at three orbs in the air.  No matter what i do my finger beams are always way off, like 60 degrees off.  they seem to come out the front of the controller rather than where your IRL fingers come out and point when you lift them off the trigger.  is there any way to fix this?  It really brakes my immersion especially in games like super hot where i need to use my hands accurately 

The beam should come out of the front of the controllers, which should be about where your fingers point.  It doesn't track your fingers at all, it tracks the controller.  If you're a normal person holding the controller normally it gets it pretty close.  Are you holding the controller weird?