cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What am i doing wrong when importing? Assets are super small?

Metrons
Expert Protege
Our character is 2m+ tall, when i import anything it's (i believe) crazy small? I dont understand whats going? when importing with this super small size, i have to subdivide my scene like 6-8 times to have decent density, my brush size is about as big as the character, i have no brush size control. Time i finally posted on here and hopefully someone can clear this up. 

Really appreciate help on this, i cant keep exporting from zbrush, scaling 10,000% in modo, importing to medium to work, then doing all that again just in reverse. 

99h1hoz0cnhk.png
4 REPLIES 4

MattHickman
Rising Star
Are you toggling the checkbox to "preserve transform" when importing the reference mesh? 

We know there are some pain points with the import pipeline at the moment and it's one of our goals for the next major release is to make it much smoother and more predictable. 

Metrons
Expert Protege
fq3h8vx73aa7.pngHi matt. 

I always click 'preserve transform'. I posted an image on my post last night, i always seem to have a hard time getting images to work on the oculus forums?

That sounds amazing about the next major release btw...CANT WAIT!!!

MattHickman
Rising Star
If I had to guess I think preserving transform may be interpreting the scale of your mesh incorrectly, but yeah, we're doing a big pass on where the import/export friction points are and can hopefully make the whole thing much more predictable. 

Metrons
Expert Protege
Much appreciate the info matt. 

cheers