cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All Apps Disappeared from Library After Windows 10 Fall Creator's Update

mrjamin
Honored Guest

Hi All,

Windows 10 updated itself last week to the Fall Creator's Update release.  I opened the Oculus Rift desktop today for the first time since and the Library is now completely empty.  No apps/experiences/anything.  On the disk, I can see the Oculus folder is still there and of the expected size, so don't think everything is gone, just that it is no longer visible in the Library.

The Oculus app version shows as 1.22.0.519286 (1.22.0.519281).

Any suggestions to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you try to install one of the games in your library (maybe something like Dreamdeck or that's not super important). I believe sometimes it will look like the game is not installed, but clicking the Install button will refresh the files (but not require downloading anything). If that does not help, you can also try running the Oculus setup install again and choosing Repair.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

mrjamin
Honored Guest

Thanks for suggestion.  I wasn't able to install any app that I've previously downloaded.  The install button was there, but clicking it did nothing.  I also tried the repair option, but that didn't work either.

In the end, the nuclear option worked.  Uninstalled Rift Desktop, deleted all directories and downloaded content.  Then downloaded the latest Rift Desktop from the site, reinstalled, and then installed all the apps one by one 😕 

But it seems to work now.