cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift SI 1.22 Rolling Out Now

cybereality
Grand Champion
We've started rolling out the release of Rift SI 1.22. This week's updates include numerous performance and stability improvements for Oculus Home and Dash, see full notes below.

Additionally, effective today, everyone has access to our updated Oculus desktop app, and you can opt in to the Rift Core 2.0 beta even if you aren’t enrolled in the Public Test Channel. Click here for details. Please continue to share feedback and suggestions through our Rift Core UserVoice Group, and report bugs via the in-app reporting tool.

Changes
  • Oculus desktop app:
    • Multiple Library locations
      • Install and manage your VR apps for Oculus across more than one hard drive or Windows folder
    • Library detail panel:
      • View detailed information about your use of each app, including playtime hours and achievements
  • Graphics:
    • Added 8x MSAA support
  • Rift Core 2.0 (Beta):
    • Oculus Home:
      • Graphics settings now have their own section within the Options menu
      • Implemented a number of rendering and performance improvements
      • Fixed several interaction and/or graphical issues with various objects
    • Dash:
      • Fixed an issue with keyboard rendering when the primary display has a scale other than 100%
      • Improved performance when running apps acquired from outside the Oculus Store
      • Addressed several Oculus Desktop application compatibility issues
      • Introduced fixes for a number of hardware compatibility issues
      • Assorted bug fixes and stability improvements
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
86 REPLIES 86

Rosgillies
Adventurer
Oh Dear. I had so many problems with the beta

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

• Oculus desktop app:
    • Multiple Library locations
      • Install and manage your VR apps for Oculus across more than one hard drive or Windows folder
    • Library detail panel:
      • View detailed information about your use of each app, including playtime hours and achievements

These are fantastic updates. My client just installed this, can't wait to try it out.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can you elaborate on this?
  • Graphics:
    • Added 8x MSAA support
Does this apply to Oculus Home , or will it also apply to games? Like Oculus games and third party games?

Xboxmember1978
Expert Protege
So what has changed from the beta version to this? I ask because it was a like a 2GB download and I'm on a limited data cap, surly hope it wasn't a huge download for nothing more then from beta to official 

gecko1501
Explorer
My HMD has lost all functionality after this update. Submitted a ticket. Before the update, my system was acting... different... Just a little more lag then usual, and my location was out of whack. I checked the devices screen and everything was green. After the update, the sensors have a warning saying I need to update my USB drivers, but all my drivers are up to date according to windows device manager. And when I put my HMD on, the screen never turns on, and the sound is intermittent for about a minute until I hear nothing. Multiple restarts have netted the same result. I've checked my connection to both the HMD and my computer.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Where is the MSAA setting?

cybereality
Grand Champion

Oh Dear. I had so many problems with the beta

If you had any problems with the beta, or with this latest release, please be sure to submit a bug report. This will allow us to resolve these issues. You can submit a bug report using the Help Center on the left hand side of the Oculus app and click Provide Feedback. You can also post specifics in this thread and I can see what I can find out. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

cybereality
Grand Champion

dburne said:

Where is the MSAA setting?

The 8x MSAA support is a new feature for developers to add in their titles. It's not a user configurable option, and will only be available with content that is updated to support this feature.

cybereality
Grand Champion

So what has changed from the beta version to this? I ask because it was a like a 2GB download and I'm on a limited data cap, surly hope it wasn't a huge download for nothing more then from beta to official 

It's basically the same version that is on the PTC right now. If you are already in the PTC, you can stay in there and you won't be missing anything.