New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

VR Zone Shinjuku : Futuristic Warfare Arena

SyrellarisSyrellaris Posts: 1,035
Wintermute
edited January 2018 in General
So, VR Zone in Shinjuku Tokyo has launched their new field experience. A VR Futuristic Warfare Arena based on Ghost in the shell.

It is a Team VR PVP activity for 2-8 players. powered by backpacks with MSI laptops. Players carry 3 different sets of VR markers (hands, legs and backpack), VR goggles and ofcourse a VR handgun prop. 

I find this quite interesting as it would open up a whole new AR/VR lasertag type gameplay. More information can be found here.

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Looks awesome!
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • SyrellarisSyrellaris Posts: 1,035
    Wintermute
    Looks awesome!
    Something for oculus to invest in :p
  • kevinw729kevinw729 Posts: 5,711 Valuable Player
    edited January 2018
    So, VR Zone in Shinjuku Tokyo has launched their new field experience. A VR Futuristic Warfare Arena based on Ghost in the shell.

Yeah, they actually launched it last year - and it is pretty rad.

Here are some images from the operation, rather than sketches:

There are a couple of other really interesting Arena-Scale VR projects in the works to launch this year.
    Wintermute
    That is pretty cool, im hoping to visit Tokyo again next year, so i might see if I can go by and join a match :)
  • Jamesparker_1Jamesparker_1 Posts: 110
    Art3mis
    It looks very cool!!

https://youtu.be/3XkupySnI7A
    edited January 2018
    A brand new VR ZONE game announced:

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    That actually looks pretty cool.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,776 Volunteer Moderator
    Ugh I cannot wait till they bring something like this to London! So far it's been VR escape rooms with up to 6 players .. but I want MOAR!
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
    Ugh I cannot wait till they bring something like this to London! 

Erm.... the VR ZONE is in London!?
    You can play the Mech game, and they will have the new shooter soon?
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,776 Volunteer Moderator
    I was not aware, I'm like a cable car ride away from the 02! ... But yeah the free motion shooter is what's I'm interested in!
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
    Wintermute
    I wasnt aware either that VR zone was outside of Japan either. Hopefully they will expand into the rest of europe at some point haha.