New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Oculus software won't load

zegvedzegved Posts: 6
NerveGear
I'm having a issue, when i press the oculus desktop icon it starts up and the oculus symbol just sits there blinking and it wont load! 
It was working before, but the apps and games did not open at all, giving a "entitlement check failded" and "failed to initialize libOVR" error, so I try to reinstall it.
I installs just fine, but when I hit next to finish the installation and then go to the login screen, the oculus symbol starts blinking and nothing happens...
Any ideas?

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 24,968 Oculus Staff
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • zegvedzegved Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    edited January 19
    Ok, here is the oculus setup logs. Hope it's not the wrong files.

EDIT: What might be this install path at the botom of the log file? This directory is not from my pc!

File Path: C:\cygwin\data\sandcastle\boxes\trunk-hg-ovrsource-pc-sdk\Software\OculusSDK\PC\Support\OculusDriverInstaller\OculusDriverInstaller\Installer.cs
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 24,968 Oculus Staff
    It looks like you might not have a lot of disk space free. First, make sure your game folder is something not in the Program Files folder. It can be something like E:/RiftGames. You will need at least 120GB free on that drive. The disk must be NTFS format, simple volume (not dynamic), and not a network or external drive. I think that's the issue.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    NerveGear
    Just tried right now in diferent drives with lots of space, did'nt work either.
    NerveGear
    Is the current oculus home setup in beta?

• osmodiososmodios Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    I've had the same exact issue for a week now, Oculus support doesn't know how to fix it, your fucked
  • GrayleyGrayley Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I've had this issue for 4 months and been back and forth with Oculus Support the entire time. They've given me solutions but none have worked. They've began ignoring my ticket responses because they have no idea what to do. Solid waste of $650 :neutral: