New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

BOXVR - Bug tracker and Feature Requests

2»

Comments

• MervinRaeMervinRae Posts: 41
    Brain Burst
    I do not like the new targest as well..! I just logged into the forum to leave a comment about that and I am happy to see I am not the only one.

They really do kill the feeling I had before with the game. Please give us at least an option to choose if we want balls or this new spacy-looking targest. I do not like the new targets at all and within that: the animated arrow are horrible - the animation takes your focus. It is distacting. Also the red target does not look like a stop-sign anymore and the balk does not look like a wood-balk anymore as well..

I stopped playing in the middle of the song what I have never done before.

Please give us at least an option to choose if we want the classic balls (as they were, without animation of the arrow) or this new spacy-looking targest.

Thx.
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 2,262
    Wintermute
    edited October 2018
    Me & my wife keep running into issues where the screen will blink, flicker & sometimes just go black? We can't seem to get through any of the longer workouts without a trackin issue either. I don't have any issues on any other games either, can play for hours with no problems. Is this due to being early access game or is no one else having these issues and it's just me? I have 3 sensors, fresh batteries in the touch controllers, everything is updated.
    I tried the free demo yesterday. It would not find any mp3 files on my PC on any drives except for a 10sec jingle I once made for booting my PC. It struggled to find the beats (as there ain't any just a singer) and then it crashed. 
    Today I bought it. Tried it and it went black screen when I looked up. I tried many things, restarts of Game/Home and reboots and switch offs and it became even more worse. As soon as I move my head in Home or in anything it goes off. Also my Sensors keep getting lost.
    I use Nvidia 384.94 after finding out it had less issues on here. I was on Home 1.25 so tried the 1.26 Beta and using Classic to not require any latest driver.
    Having read all the issues of BLACK SCREENS and ppl getting temp fixes with older drivers and reboots I am not convinced it is them. Others are convinced too it is not just their Rift. However, this game BOXVR seems to have caused a hardware crash on my PC (as it did so) and corrupted some file to break my VR. This is seriously not good!
    I demand you investigate the MP3 issues and report back. I had totally no updates over night!
    The only last resort I have is trying the April Windows Update which has not yet rolled out onto my radar. I hate Win10 for not allowing to totally prevent any Updates. We can only suspend them by 35days!

------------------
    I had this working fine upon a fresh OS install back in Sept.
  • FitXRsupportFitXRsupport Posts: 10
    NerveGear

Hi all

Thank you for writing to us. Your feedback is really helpful for us to know. We are currently reviewing all user feedback to see how our new cues have been received. We are committed to listening to our community to make this app as great as it can possibly be 

NerveGear
    Hi ChrisJacek, we are aware that if a file name is too long the song will analyse but will not have any cues appear. If you change the name of the file does it then work for you? We are currently looking to add a long term fix. 
    NerveGear
    Hi Everborn128, we have recently changed our scoring mechanism and will be updating our leaderboards once our users have all updated to our latest release. 
    NerveGear
    Hi Mac_Man86, thank you for your feedback. We will definitely take all this onboard to improve BOXVR! 
    NerveGear
    MrPhatBob, could you please let us know what your PC Specifications are. If you send this to [email protected] that would be great! 
    NerveGear
    Hi MervinRae, thank you for your feedback. We will definitely look into adding an environment with a better music stage as you suggested. We are also currently discussing user generated feedback. 
  • bubimudebubimude Posts: 29
    Brain Burst
    While I do get why people are saying the new targets are less satisfying to punch, I also thought the amount of "spray" could be distracting earlier. I like the new targets, and I don't mind that hooks and uppercuts are the same color. I do agree though that these could be specific to the map and probably should only be on the new map.
    The new map has a nice aesthetic, but still feels like too much going on. I'm sure you guys have been checking out beatsaber, and something they did really well was to knock back the contrast of the background a lot. For someone who really likes to just get "in the zone" it would be great to have a darker less contrasty background that is focussed mostly on the targets.
    Keep up the great work guys... lovin it!!
  • manbubmanbub Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    edited May 2018
    Just got boxvr when doing the training my gloves are not lined up with my hands, when I do the alligning then the gloves go away. I have an oculus rift 3 sensors. All other games are working

Fixed. Didn't underrunde how to do aligning
  • Everborn128Everborn128 Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    I must say I really like the new look of the targets but for whatever reason they feel really unsatisfying to hit, almost like I'm hitting air or something? I didn't like the look of the old targets but they did feel more satisfying to hit.
  • neng.yang.559neng.yang.559 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    MUSIC PROCESSING 0%..I can't seem to get it to process any of my music. Always stuck at 0%. I have all mp3. Im i doing anything wrong?
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 2,262
    Wintermute
    edited October 2018
    I enjoy BOXVR - I only wish it would now add: -

* MUSIC in the lobby provided from you plus our PlayLists.

That's all really ;)

• christopherbarnhousechristopherbarnhouse Posts: 263
    Nexus 6
    Personal high scores instead of leader boards - couldn't care less about other peoples scores.
  • furtinfurtin Posts: 109
    Hiro Protagonist
    On Quest: The Stats on the main menu don’t update/show after being logged out. Tracking/hit registering issues in fast passages. Great game/workout please update whenever possible with fixes and features for a quality product!
    "The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel."
  • FancyFryFancyFry Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Hey guys,

I have reinstalled the game and there is pre-installed user "FITXR(SC)". This user is not renewable nor it can be deleted.
    How can this be fixed (playing on Oculus Quest).
  • CugalCugal Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited August 2019
    Take back my comment awesome product.
  • MervinRaeMervinRae Posts: 41
    Brain Burst
    Own Music does get processed but no targets get generated inside the level - for some players.. Very frustrating..
  • silverssonsilversson Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Hello dear people of Box VR (Devs, QAs and Product people also),

I love the game and use it every morning on my Oculus Quest.. I do a min 30min training.
    I am a fellow with tall hands and my VR area is not that large. 2m x 2m roughly. 
    The "label" on the floor where I should stand is in a middle of my game area. Logical right. 
    Well as I got long arms I keep reaching the guardian boundary and the grid flashes. This is annoying so I usually stand a little behind the "plate".
    Problem here is the block move where you raise your hands in-front of you to block. As I stand a bit behind the plate my blocking is too far back and I "miss" the block killing my streak. 

I would suggest that the block only fails if it hits the position of the headset. Not that it reaches the plate.

Like said I really like the game and am looking forward for seeing new awesomeness from you.

Best regards
    Jussi 
  • CugalCugal Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited August 2019
    Hi thanks for a great game/fitness tool. Is there anywhere that gives a brief description of what each workout is targeting and what intensity i.e. full body, legs, upper, beginner advanced and so on. I am using the Oculus Quest but I am happy to look online so not bothered if its not in game (but would be nice)
  • graham.bragggraham.bragg Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Every few loads end up locking up on the Orange ztextex loading screen. This is on an Oculus Quest.

Have you thought about adding a warm up room with a hanging speed ball, double ended speed/dodge ball and a bag where the punch dots appear that you have to hit,  etc. ?
  • gala.alinagala.alina Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I really enjoy the game but I had to ask for a refund. First time I played it I had no issues. Then it locked in loading screen and the only option was to power off my device. Yesterday I had to do this three times and all my progress was lost. Hope this issue will be solved so I can purchase it again.

• ezop73ezop73 Posts: 132
    Art3mis
    I really enjoy the game but I had to ask for a refund. First time I played it I had no issues. Then it locked in loading screen and the only option was to power off my device. Yesterday I had to do this three times and all my progress was lost. Hope this issue will be solved so I can purchase it again.

why not uninstall and then reinstall, seem pointless to to get a refund and then repurchase 
  • cando1313cando1313 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Having issues with the screen "glitching" part way through the workout.  LOVE this game and it is helping to get my activity in for the day while also having fun!! The workout is only about 15 minutes and about half way through the screen will sometimes pause and shake....makes you lose your balance and game doesn't continue.  I can restart a workout, but it is frustrating and jarring visually.  Is there is a fix to this issue that we can perform or is it a game issue?  Please help! 
  • crodriguez1acrodriguez1a Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    PLEASE add outdoor environments! I would pay for environment packs all day long. I love the game but would love way more if I could box on a beach, next to a waterfall in the jungle, on a cliff, please offer more immersive spaces!!!