Reset View Orientation in Rift Core 2.0 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Reset View Orientation in Rift Core 2.0

RedLeader42RedLeader42 Posts: 44
NerveGear
After a random reboot my "forward" orientation got spun around and moved the guardian wall, almost as though settings had reverted to a previous positioning I had. For the life of me I couldn't find a way to correct it, so eventually ran the full set up again. I believe the section where you position the sensors finally set this correctly, but I can't complete that process because it wants the sensors so close together that my play area won't support it. I had to set the direction, skip the rest, then reset the guardian wall. All is good now.

It would be good if there were a simple way to just reset the orientation. Setting the floor height, other calibrations, even restarting into classic mode to "Reset View" didn't work. If I missed something please let me know.
MSI GE63VR-7RF Raider | GTX 1070 8 GB | Core i7-7700HQ 2.80 - 3.80 GHz | 32 GB RAM

Comments

• nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,382 Valuable Player
    You can click Skip to ignore the recommendations about how to move your sensors and continue with setting up your Guardian borders.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    If you are in Home or the Store, press the Oculus button (right Touch controller) once, wait a few seconds, then press it again. It will recenter you. If you are in a game, press the Oculus button, then pick Reset View on the panel and press a button after you are facing the right way.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • RedLeader42RedLeader42 Posts: 44
    NerveGear
    Okay maybe I used the wrong language, because I had found the ability to reset the view in the game, my problem was that the system (Oculus software?) lost it's alignment. By that, I mean when you stop and start the game it would need to be reset again because the splash screen would be behind me rather than in front. The sensors were shown in VR in pretty much the right place, but games splash screens would be at my back sensor instead of the two front sensors. The only thing that corrected this was running the sensor setup again where you align the sensors around your computer. This is the alignment or orientation I'm trying to refer to.

MSI GE63VR-7RF Raider | GTX 1070 8 GB | Core i7-7700HQ 2.80 - 3.80 GHz | 32 GB RAM