cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solved: Reverting to a single sensor

dan_e10
Explorer
Hi all,
If this has already been answered, just point me in the right direction.  After using the basic Rift with a single sensor for the last year, I upgraded to Oculus Touch.  Setup with the 2nd sensor goes fine.  Sometimes however, I use the Rift with iRacing and Assetto Corsa.  I don't need the Touch or the second sensor for those.  However, if I try to redo sensor setup, Oculus Home complains that the Touch and the second sensor aren't connected and won't let me continue.  I can select "reset view" in the setup screen of Oculus home, but it still looks like I'm sitting on the floor in Oculus home because I am literally sitting on the floor.  How can I revert to the original single sensor setup to reset my view when I'm not using the Touch and the 2nd sensor?
Dan
9 REPLIES 9

cybereality
Grand Champion
There is not an easy way to revert to a 1 sensor system after you have 2 (or more connected). You can do it, by unplugging the extra sensors and running through the full sensor setup again (choosing the Xbox gamepad mode) but this would be somewhat of a hassle to do every time. Even if you are not using Touch, there should be no issue leaving the setup functional and just using a gamepad if you like.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

dan_e10
Explorer
Hi Cybereality,
Thanks for the input.  The only issue I'm having leaving the setup functional is that when I use the driving simulators I'm sitting on the floor, not standing as I am with the Touch.  The seat I sit in is also in a totally different area from the area I use with the Touch.  So when I go into Oculus Home, my view is shifted down quite a bit since I'm lower to the ground compared to the sensor than I was when I went through the multiple sensor setup.  I can't perform the sensor calibration again because if I only connect one sensor, the setup won't run.  If I leave both connected, I'm not able to walk around to make the setup happy, I'm sitting in a chair.
Dan

Cowski4
Honored Guest
I too want to revert back to 1 sensor after having 2 sensors.  But when I try to do the full configure, it just spins on the page where it's checking for all my sensors.  It detects all my 3.0 sensors, my HDMI sensor but just spins on the bottom (2.0) sensor as shown below:
v7znsk031p2o.jpg
I can't click NEXT and if I click on "Skip Setup" it asks me if I'm sure.  I click on "Skip Setup" and it takes me back to my devices.
How do I revert back to a 1 sensor set up?  It worked fine for me with what I was playing with 1 sensor.

cybereality
Grand Champion
You might be right. I thought you could just redo the setup, but you may have to reinstall. In any case, the headset and sensors should work whether you are standing or sitting. You do not have to unplug or resetup the hardware just if you want to sit in a game. Unless the particular app is not coded properly, this should be no problem. Just doing a recenter should be enough in most cases (press the Oculus button on the right Touch or the Xbox button on the gamepad).
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Sharkster-NVR
Protege

There is not an easy way to revert to a 1 sensor system after you have 2 (or more connected). 

@cybereality - You can simply open the Oculus Windows app and then Settings > Devices > Click on the sensor you want to remove > REMOVE DEVICE (pops up in the lower right). Click on that and run the setup again.

Boom.. switched from a two to a one sensor setup.

May I ask, how many moderators or "Oculus staff" are on this "support forum"? 
ERAZER X7849 Notebook - CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK - GPU: GTX 1070, 8 GB GDDR5 RAM - RAM: 32 GB (4x 8 GB DDR4 HYNIX PC4 17000 DUAL CHANNEL) - MAINBOARD: INTEL HM170

cybereality
Grand Champion
Thank you for sharing, I'm not sure if I tried that method but it sounds like it should work. My point above was that you should not have to re-setup with less sensors in most normal circumstances. "Oculus Staff" are employees of Oculus. I'm the main one that manages the consumer end of the forum, but you can see some other employees from time to time. We also have some "Volunteer Moderators" which are people from the community that help out. 

dan_e10
Explorer

@ cybereality - You can simply open the Oculus Windows app and then Settings > Devices > Click on the sensor you want to remove > REMOVE DEVICE (pops up in the lower right). Click on that and run the setup again.

May I ask, how many moderators or "Oculus staff" are on this "support forum"? 

Thanks Sharkster, this worked for me. I didn't have a 2nd sensor to forget since I didn't have it connected at the time, but the Oculus Touch showed up. After I made the Oculus app "forget" the Touch, I was able to go back to the single sensor setup and reset the view as before.
Dan

m4lumm
Protege
For me, the 'Forget Device' button is grayed out and not selectable for either of my sensors. 

@cybereality - Although this is not the developer forum, this is a feature that developers really need and use. We have to constantly test on all possible configurations. 

fariazz
Expert Protege

There is not an easy way to revert to a 1 sensor system after you have 2 (or more connected). 

@cybereality - You can simply open the Oculus Windows app and then Settings > Devices > Click on the sensor you want to remove > REMOVE DEVICE (pops up in the lower right). Click on that and run the setup again.

This didn't work for me unfortunately. The second sensor only shows under Devices if it's connected. I don't have it with me, so I can't either "forget it" or run the sensor setup again with just one sensor. Totally stuck here..
Virtual Reality Mini-Degree - Learn to code in Unity and build 15 VR games and experiences