My oculus keeps cutting to black screen. — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

My oculus keeps cutting to black screen.

Shadowcow39Shadowcow39 Posts: 1
NerveGear
Recently my oculus whenever I use it works but every once in a while it cuts into a black screen for a sec then flashes back originally this did not bother me that much but it has started getting worse and more annoying. I have tried every thing I can think of, Unplugging and re plugging, restarting my PC, restarting oculus, making sure the sensors see me. I am worried that the cord is damaged but I hope someone can help solving this without buying a new oculus as the only fix. Please help
Tagged:

Comments

• NinjaGaijinNinjaGaijin Posts: 188 Oculus Staff
    Hello, and welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums! 

Though these forums are focused on development issues with our software and platform services, we'd be happy to direct you to the proper channel for your issue. 

We recommend you open a ticket with the Oculus Consumer Support Team here: https://tickets.oculus.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

A few things you may want to mention in your ticket: 

1. Computer specifications (PC/laptop model number, CPU, GPU, OS, etc.)
    2. Rift specifications (purchase date, where it was purchased, serial number, etc.)
    3. GPU specifications (GPU manufacturer, model number, driver version number, etc.)

Keep in mind, you may want to try updating your GPU drivers to the latest version to see if it may solve your issue.
    If you need immediate help or want additional support/context on an issue you are having with our platform or integrations:

1. Gather any and all logs, screenshots, and version numbers of relevant software (Oculus SDK, engine, etc.)
    2. Please submit a ticket here (include what you've gathered in step 1).
    3. Tag me @NinjaGaijin once you have done so!