cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini display port GPU

LuteOwl
Explorer
This might all seem silly but i have a laptop with an Nvidia 1050ti and an Intel 630 - It has only one HDMi port which forces the Intel card. But the Mini display port uses GPU (tested with tv and Mini display to HDMI regular cable) Tv came up okay using the Nvidia 1050 ti - However when i plug the rift in i only get sound and a black screen on wearing the rift and device won't show up in devices, Is this because i need a 4k Mini display to HDMI or will this just generally not work with the rift? No worries if not and thanks for the help 🙂
9 REPLIES 9

nalex66
MVP
MVP
You should get a 4K adapter. The Rift render resolution and refresh rate exceed the capability of standard HD components. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

LuteOwl
Explorer

nalex66 said:

You should get a 4K adapter. The Rift render resolution and refresh rate exceed the capability of standard HD components. 

Thank you! Will give it a shot! 🙂

nalex66
MVP
MVP
It's not a guarantee that the Rift will work, but it almost certainly won't with a non-4K adapter.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

LuteOwl
Explorer

nalex66 said:

It's not a guarantee that the Rift will work, but it almost certainly won't with a non-4K adapter.

I'll give it a shot and if not i'll just save up for a desktop eventually, I can run it on an older laptop it just doesn't have decent FPS at all so here is hoping this works i'll find out on monday 🙂

LuteOwl
Explorer
Unfortunately still didn't work, The TV works fine with it again but the rift just gives me and orange light but no video and won't be seen in devices but everything else works through the mini display port just not the rift, Anyone have any other ideas or should i start saving? lol

Oculus software gives green light on the hdmi just getting no video and drivers show up on the laptop

cybereality
Grand Champion
Make sure you're not on the latest Nvidia driver, there is a black screen issue. I believe 388.71 should be working.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

LuteOwl
Explorer
I got it working! I bought another Mini display to HDMi but i specifially bought a 'Cable Matters' one and it worked instantly, All other cables failed to work except this one despite the others being 4k too. So if anyone else is having this issue make sure you get a cable matters one, I read in so many other posts it works for everyone else too and i can confirm it works flawlessy on my end also.

john_zotoff
Honored Guest

LuteOwl said:

I got it working! I bought another Mini display to HDMi but i specifially bought a 'Cable Matters' one and it worked instantly, All other cables failed to work except this one despite the others being 4k too. So if anyone else is having this issue make sure you get a cable matters one, I read in so many other posts it works for everyone else too and i can confirm it works flawlessy on my end also.

Hello!

Your mini display port is connected to Intel HD?
I have a problem with the HDMI port it does not detect my Oculus headset in the installer by cons by going in Nvidia configuration panel I only have a single mini displayport port that runs by Intel HD so I want to be sure its walking with a Matter Cable if you say yes I would like the link you have to order thank you!

AIWnetB0t
Honored Guest

LuteOwl said:

pls can u send me a link 😞