How do I install the Oculus app onto another Drive? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

How do I install the Oculus app onto another Drive?

FilotralienFilotralien Posts: 1
NerveGear
edited January 2018 in Support
I have followed the instructions to the T. on the page!
https://support.oculus.com/1142129705828091/

However; when the installation starts it says;
Ineligible Drive Selected
The drive you selected doesn't meet the requirements
for installation. Oculus requires 13.8 GB on an internal
NTFS drive. Please select a different drive, or visit
Oculus Support to learn more.

Now, here's the thing; I tried it on BOTH of my D : (NTFS 457 GB Free Space) & E: drive (NTFS 227 GB Free Space)
Both of which are internal Drives.

Someone, please help me with this mess!!

Comments

• LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,755 Volunteer Moderator
    edited January 2018
    Are the drives Dynamic Volumes? They are not supported.

The new Beta of Oculus Core 2.0 now supports game installation to multiple drives like Steam.

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • devgamerdevgamer Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I had this same issue.  I resolved it by removing the : after the destination drive letter  IE  C:\Users\username\Downloads\OculusSetup /drive=P
  • Meat_ManMeat_Man Posts: 117
    Art3mis
    I had spent a long time working on how to install the App on a different drive, and I've had nothing.  I'm on Windows 7, which might cause a few problems, but I was not able to find any way to download it to a different drive.  The solution that Oculus suggests hasn't worked, and I've enlisted the help of a few computer support workers, who couldn't figure it out either.  Is your C: drive just full, or is it something different? 
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • MikeyRudMikeyRud Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    JUST FYI this fooled me a couple of years ago and it did it again. Anyway the way I got to to install on another drive was to copy the thing to my desktop the run the Windows + R entered -

C:\Users\my pc name\Desktop\OculusSetup /drive=D