LZoltowski Sketchbook - Page 2 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

LZoltowski Sketchbook

Comments

• ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 14,103 Valuable Player
    Hell yeah. This reminds me of my Orc from Morrowind!

Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • cybernettrcybernettr Posts: 912
    3Jane
    I hate to know what your nightmares are like!

Seriously, some of you Medium guys ought to develop a game featuring some of your freakier characters. Could actually be better than what’s already out there!
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,755 Volunteer Moderator
    Ok, so its starting to come together slowly. Not posed yet .. this is a neutral stance I will use for posing (hands and feet are still stand-ins. But I like the face more now, it has more character and is less cat-like. The body/chest is now a bit fuller too ... I am hoping to get the pose done over the weekend and actually give him some clothes/basic armour ..

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
    Starting to take shape ..

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

• Henri1970Henri1970 Posts: 121
    Art3mis
    3rd week??????????????????

He looks like he is singing the hell out of a Danzig song too btw...

• RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 6,251 Valuable Player
    edited February 2018
    What programs do you need to create these models? I'm a good artist if this helps me do any of these models, but what do I need and what do I need to learn?
    RedRizla said:
     What programs do you need to create these models? I'm a good artist is that helps me do any of these models, but what do I need and what do I need to learn?
    All these models were done using Oculus Medium. I then take those into Substance Painter for texturing. Final lighting and rendering is done using 3ds Max and Redshift renderer.

I would start by exploring Oculus Medium, learning to use it .. you can do a fair bit of texturing in Oculus medium too.

• Henri1970Henri1970 Posts: 121
    Art3mis
    Holy expletives!!!!
    That is just scary good @LZoltowski

Bravo, good sir.
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 4,791 Volunteer Moderator

Wow, these are absolutely amazing LZ.

So now you've had time to get properly into Medium, do you think maybe it's becoming a go-to app for organic modelling compared with the more 'serious' desktop programs?

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1903 (18362.239)

Wow, these are absolutely amazing LZ.

So now you've had time to get properly into Medium, do you think maybe it's becoming a go-to app for organic modelling compared with the more 'serious' desktop programs?

For me, it opened up a whole world of possibility. Never used to do organic stuff as I felt like learning a new package would just get in the way of creativity. This was so quick to learn and easy to master and gave me confidence. It lacks some more of the professional tools like stencils, alpha brushes etc .. but I think in time this will be the go-to tool for many CGI artists. if not already. So yes for me, it's now my go-to modelling app.

• DreamShaperDreamShaper Posts: 724
    3Jane
    edited February 2018
    If you copy image location in this forum (if the picture doesn't let you click through) you can see a full resolution image.  Looking at them side by side, the texture details are comparable to the imgur zooms.  The rain is a nice touch, ties the armor together nicely in ways that the earlier depth-of-field render didn't.  Very nice work.
  • InkyTheOctopusInkyTheOctopus Posts: 243
    Nexus 6
    Nice one man , that's very tidy stuff .
    Nice one man , that's very tidy stuff .
    Thanks! Your mastery inspired me on this one :)

• P3nT4gR4mP3nT4gR4m Posts: 1,700 Valuable Player
    Those wings  :o
    edited February 2018
    P3nT4gR4m said:
    You know what?, they took like 6 mins .(the power of medium right there)... was dreading them, created a single stamp of a feather from a sphere using move tool, then on a new layer with symmetry on, I just stamped them in in 3 layers in descending size. Then positioned the layer underneath the body and twisted them using the move tool... I was like .... oh ... well that was easy .... it looked so daunting to start with, was going to abandon this if I couldn't make  them 

Brilliant! And highly nostalgic imagery.

P3nT4gR4m said:
    You know what?, they took like 6 mins .(the power of medium right there)... was dreading them, created a single stamp of a feather from a sphere using move tool, then on a new layer with symmetry on, I just stamped them in in 3 layers in descending size. Then positioned the layer underneath the body and twisted them using the move tool... I was like .... oh ... well that was easy .... it looked so daunting to start with, was going to abandon this if I couldn't make  them 
    I've been using Medium on a daily basis for over a year now and sometimes it still feels like I've only scratched the surface of what's possible!
    Going to have a nice long 3-hour session tonight on my Rodin sculpt, cant wait!

Suddenly feeling like I'm entering this comp just to make up the numbers  :'(
  • DreamShaperDreamShaper Posts: 724
    3Jane
    edited February 2018
    Going to have a nice long 3-hour session tonight on my Rodin sculpt, cant wait!
    Ya, pretty hard one to pass up.  I get the feeling that it's going to be a really big project though.  Just paying tribute to Rodin's mastery seems like a massive challenge.  Glad we don't have to do this in granite, I cannot even imagine the amount of skill that must take.

Beautiful sculpt, you should probably read the contest rules though.  You're going to have to do another one now