New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Rift SI 1.23 Rolling Out

cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,101 Oculus Staff
We've started rolling out Rift SI release 1.23 to all Rift owners. Core 2.0 remains opt-in, and today's major Oculus Home updates bring the ability to create multiple homes, new surroundings, and new accessories for decorating and customization. Please continue to share feedback and suggestions through our Rift Core UserVoice Group, and report bugs via the in-app reporting tool.

Changes:

Store:
  • You can now add apps and games to your wishlist when browsing the store in VR. This feature was previously only available in the Oculus app on desktop.
Rift Core 2.0 Beta:
  • We added the ability to create and customize multiple homes. You can choose your default home by grabbing its preview sphere and tapping its properties. Privacy settings for each home can be accessed via the Oculus desktop app.
  • Introduced assorted bug fixes and stability improvements.
Graphics:
  • Fixed an issue impacting AMD driver version check regression.
  • Added assorted bug fixes and stability improvements
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Comments

• Xboxmember1978Xboxmember1978 Posts: 88
    Hiro Protagonist
    So this is the exact same thing for people that were already on the PTC v1.23 right? I see no different notes
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,101 Oculus Staff
    Yeah, the release gets tested in the PTC before going live. So if you're already in the PTC, this will be basically the same as what you already have and you don't have to do anything. However, people in the standard release channel will get access to these features as the update rolls out. Thanks.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    Hiro Protagonist
    In the description is says "New Surroundings" where is that? I just see the standard 3 that we always had
    edited February 5
    Some of the new content will roll out over the next few days so please hang tight.
    Hiro Protagonist
    Can we please get a way to manually add games via a browse for .exe? I have several SteamVR games that refuse to add to the Oculus library regardless if I launch them from Steam first since they are suppose to be added once you run the game the first time
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,350 Volunteer Moderator
    Some of the new content will roll out over the next few days so please hang tight.
    OMG, BEST .. NEWS .. EVER ... woohooo!!
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 3,440 Valuable Player
    Sorry. If this is a stupid question. Is it possible to share home layouts?
    I don't mean as a multiplayer thing (tho that could be cool) but I mean like say you had a cool layout that you made  you may want to upload it and let others snag it too?.
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
    Sorry. If this is a stupid question. Is it possible to share home layouts?
    I don't mean as a multiplayer thing (tho that could be cool) but I mean like say you had a cool layout that you made  you may want to upload it and let others snag it too?.
    Sharing no, although a pretty cool feature .. it would mean that you would have to have the same assets, which are at the moment earned while playing.

If you mean "sharing" by other people being able to visit your home .. yes that's there. You can share your home with friends, they can visit your home, play with interactive objects but cant mess things up.
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Oooh, I noticed a new type of notification .. "For Spending time in Home etc etc ..this week" .. looks like this might be a weekly reward for spending time in home? If so that's amazeballs, I am currently designing my second home .. first one was a Space Sation/Museum this one will be Medival Merlins Lab .. wish there were more wooden textures .. but Ill work with what I have :)

• dburnedburne Posts: 1,583
    Project 2501
    Dang I guess I should spend some time learning how to arrange my Home. Spending the bulk of my VR time in gaming.
    Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB | I7 [email protected] GHz | EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |16GB Corsair Platinum 2133MHz | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals |
  • PIXELATEDPIXELATED Posts: 236
    Nexus 6
    edited February 6
    With regards to the new look store... seems like a great new layout with ability to select type of game etc but the 'Top free' section seems to have missed the fabulous Mountain Goat game yet i see some other dubious less worthy contenders in there eg 'Fall in Love' with terrible reviews! Seems like us users r being fed with something..

Any chance Oculus/Facebook can be a little more transparent with 'their selection' of what is good, maybe by ratings or merely just put everything in alphabetical order with a (user) star rating next to it in a list.

Other than that I'm having fun just spending too much time choosing and knocking over stuff on my desktop - (real desk + stuff on top) that gets in the way when using CV1

Just sayin (-:    
    Win 10 Pro, GTX 1080, Asus Z170 Deluxe, Nvidia 391.35
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited February 7
    I had a small update for v1.23 last night but of course no changelog attached like usual. This is ridiculous, what's the issue Oculus? 
  • dburnedburne Posts: 1,583
    Project 2501
    I had a small update for v1.23 last night but of course no changelog attached like usual. This is ridiculous, what's the issue Oculus? 

They could tell you, but then they would have to ... well,  you know.
    :D
    Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB | I7 [email protected] GHz | EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |16GB Corsair Platinum 2133MHz | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals |
  • Digikid1Digikid1 Posts: 1,320
    Project 2501
    dburne said:

They could tell you, but then they would have to ... well,  you know.
    :D
    Pst....I'll get the body bag....

LOL!!!!!
  • rh_galaxyrh_galaxy Posts: 46
    Brain Burst
    edited February 21
    Hitman GO performance became very bad, maybe 5 FPS. This happened in 1.22, or now in 1.23 (not using 2.0 beta). It is like this from the very first screen showing the title. Same Nvidia driver version 388.59. GeForce 1060 utilizing 60%. Other games seems ok.

I think it's very important not to break working things with new releases...
    Maybe something can be learned from the logs.

Edit: Now it is somehow fixed. Either because of a system restart or because 1.23.1 fixed it...
  • gadulgadul Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    I like this new Room to Create :) and sit on the chair looking in the sky hehe.
  • cigaremoodscigaremoods Posts: 69
    Hiro Protagonist
    Bonjour,

le titre est Rift SI 1.23 mais dans l'espace Oculus il est fait mention de Rift Core 2.0 Bèta???
    Quelle est la différence?
    Merci pour une réponse à cette question

Hi. Rift Core 2.0 is a feature included with the Oculus app 1.23. You can choose to enable or disable Rift Core 2.0, I would recommend enabling it, as it's pretty cool.
    Hi. Rift Core 2.0 is a feature included with the Oculus app 1.23. You can choose to enable or disable Rift Core 2.0, I would recommend enabling it, as it's pretty cool.
    "As it's pretty cool" - understatement of the millennium there .. it is .. FRIGGIN AMAZEBALLS!

• TemplarGFXTemplarGFX Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Why aren't updates optional.  This update has completely bricked my Oculus

When I put the headset on after starting oculus, I see a message about the guardian system not working.  the HMD goes black and then that's it. nothing absolute brick.

Restarting Oculus repeats the process.  I was playing for HOURS last night before the update and nothing has changed at all other than the oculus update.

How do I go back to the working version?
    edited February 8
    The update should be working, but there can be software conflicts. Are you running an Nvidia graphics card? If so, you'll need to make sure you are using Nvidia driver 388.59. Newer drivers may not work fully or at all.
    NerveGear
    You have to be joking right?  You pushed out an update that doesn't work with the latest Nvidia drivers, when the last update was working with them?

I am currently on drive 390.65 and Geforce Experience has already downloaded 390.7 for my next reboot.  Where was the warning when Oculus asked me to update the software? Where was the option to not install it?

Please tell me your joking
    We're still investigating the situation and it may take some time to pinpoint the problem. For the time being, it's best to revert to the 388.59 driver while we figure it out. Thanks.
    NerveGear
    Is there no way to prevent Oculus from updating?   Whats the IP address of the server it connects to to find updates? Ill 127.0.0.1 it in my host file so the damn thing can't update itself
  • KlodsBrikKlodsBrik Posts: 769
    3Jane
    Finally recieved this update. And entered the Core 2.0 beta.
     First run I got an error saying "the guardian system isn´t working correctly".
     And I was left in a white room where home should have loaded. Restartet the oculus app and I still get the above error, but the guardian system IS working as it should. Reset the sensor and guardian setup, still get the error. But when I enter home or store, everything is still working as supposed to. So no problems at all.
    Everything else seem to be working fine no stuttering at all so far but smooth and slick movement.
     I got two monitors on my system, and haven´t had any issues there neither.
     Running with the 388.71 on an asus strix 1080.

And can I say. Bravo Oculus, this update is looking awesome jawdropping!
     Now it´s time to make my first home!
    Be good, die great !
    Hiro Protagonist

Bonsoir,

Je vous trouve très optimiste par rapport à la lecture des griefs des intervenants!
    Je ne pense pas que le "home" actuel soit très abouti mais il a le mérite de fonctionner...sans se planter.
    J'ai conscience qu'un nouveau programme à toujours des problèmes t'en qu'il n'a pas été testé en réel avec de multiples utilisateurs pour envisager tous les cas.
    Mais venant d'un grand groupe international comme le votre je trouve que vous faites preuve d'un amateurisme déconcertant   :*  face à l'élaboration d'un logiciel qui doit "arroser" le monde entier!

Comme disent les Anglais je serais plutôt dans l'esprit "Wait and see".
    Bonne lecture
    Cigaremoods

• thekjun1thekjun1 Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    appreciate the update but come on Oculus for as long as the company has been working in the field of VR would love to see so much more from the Home, look at the home the avatar Editor has. that's what people want, not just one room but a whole house. look at what Windows Mixed Reality did for their home that's what I was expecting to see but much better. I have been a fan of Oculus for a very long time but I am seeing a lot of other VR headsets with more than Oculus has to offer, for the first time ever I am actually considering buying another brand of Headsets
  • YoLolo69YoLolo69 Posts: 1,037
    Wintermute

Bonsoir,

Je vous trouve très optimiste par rapport à la lecture des griefs des intervenants!
    Je ne pense pas que le "home" actuel soit très abouti mais il a le mérite de fonctionner...sans se planter.
    J'ai conscience qu'un nouveau programme à toujours des problèmes t'en qu'il n'a pas été testé en réel avec de multiples utilisateurs pour envisager tous les cas.
    Mais venant d'un grand groupe international comme le votre je trouve que vous faites preuve d'un amateurisme déconcertant   :*  face à l'élaboration d'un logiciel qui doit "arroser" le monde entier!

Comme disent les Anglais je serais plutôt dans l'esprit "Wait and see".
    Bonne lecture
    Cigaremoods

English:
    Rift Core 2.0 is proposed as Beta for motivated person agreeing to test its great features. The more people will test it, the more stable it will be. I really don't see what you mean by writing "amateurisme" (in French) in your post above. Is it because they allow us to test before release?!?! I read you again but your post sound shifted from reality, and that's come from another native french speaker (me). At least, elaborate a little, and preferably in English (by respect for all readers). Do you realize people who wanted to know what you said and don't understand french should have been forced to translate this through a program? That's not really fair in my opinion. If you can't read and write english, I suggest to post on the French part of this forum (https://forums.oculusvr.com/fr).

French:
    Je n'approuve pas votre prose ni dans le fond ni dans la forme, mais n'aimant pas les conflits, je finis par un smiley ;)

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 3770K OC 4.6GHz, GTX1080 OC 10%, 16GB DDR3 2448  OC, Oculus Rift CV1

Hiro Protagonist
    Bonjour, Hello

I agree that my text was a bit provocative. I deeply regret having shocked you.
    I must put my text in French in the zone reserved for French = ok.
    But then why does the Oculus staff not post a small explanatory text in the language of each community as well for courtesy and respect for its international users? Because we have not all had the luck or intelligence to learn a foreign language.
    Because we also have to go through a robot translator to understand the new features and bugs on this new software.
    Good reading

Je conviens que mon texte était un peu provocateur. Je regrette vivement de vous avoir choqué.
    Je dois mettre mon texte en français dans la zone réservée aux français = ok.
    Mais alors pourquoi le staff d'Oculus ne poste pas un petit texte explicatif dans la langue de chaque communauté aussi par courtoisie et respect pour ses utilisateurs internationaux? Car nous n'avons pas tous eu la chance ou assez d'intelligence pour apprendre une langue étrangère.
    Car nous aussi nous devons passer par un traducteur robot pour appréhender les nouveautés et les bugs présents sur ce nouveau logiciel.
    Bonne lecture
  • YoLolo69YoLolo69 Posts: 1,037
    Wintermute
    edited February 11
    Ok, I understand, but better one person who have to use Google Translator than the whole english spoken community we have on this thread ;) Fair enough, see you on French side or through translator :)

To stay on topic : No more Rift Core 2.0 for me (I was opt in to Beta program and Core 2.0), Dash don't want to work on my configuration those last days. After an Oculus update 3 days ago I had a "Critical Error, contact support" or something like that, and in parallel, few frames in the headset with random orientation before going full black. I tested all the usual suspects no success (you know me, I'm around for a while). I ended by using for the very first time the Repair setup option which, surprisingly, repaired just fine by going on the "old" Home and no beta anymore. All seems to work fine but even if they work fine thanks to the laser pointer, I can't see my hands at all in Home (does it was like that? don't think). Anyway, I was able to use successfully my Rift with games and apps (and hand in them), and stop swearing as I'm pretty sure I'm not on warranty, bought July 2016, and no money, so "VR Full Stop" for me if I get stuck due to hardware error.

Anyway as I missed my new Home I tried again today to select Rift Core 2.0 (not the beta PTC) and after restart I landed directly in my new Home, but without the possibility to make appear the Dash bar, the button does nothing (but work fine in old Home so not a hardware problem). I was able to use the left Watch, Teleport, mess with my stuffs, but no Dash bar displayed or invisibility managed, it wasn't there at all. After restarting Home thanks to the Restart in parameters, I had again few random orientation frames, black screen and the notification saying something wrong happened, critical error, please start swearing again and contact support (from memory). I goes back to classic home and all worked fine again. An ILL-2 mission cool down me fine.

So something after this small update 3 days ago broke compatibility of Rift Core 2.0 and Dash with my system. As I was on PTC I was already on 1.23 beta, but possibly a last update for the 1.23 release was the killer. I hope I'm clear, let me add my log below. I'm not sure I'll jump soon again in Rift core 2.0, I need to rehydrate first ;)

edit : Ok, it seems I can't attach my log zip file, probably my shitty connection, pffiiuuu

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 3770K OC 4.6GHz, GTX1080 OC 10%, 16GB DDR3 2448  OC, Oculus Rift CV1