New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Medium 1.3.3 Release Notes

naomi.cornmannaomi.cornman Posts: 188 Oculus Staff
edited February 2018 in Oculus Medium

Medium Ver. 1.3.3 Release Notes

New Features:

• Colorized male and female écorché reference meshes are now included in Reference Mesh Library

• Medium now shares GLTF2.0 to the Facebook Feed and to the sharing site’s model viewer!

• Meshes will contain metallic and emissive textures, as well as dynamic lighting

Bug Fixes:

• Changed Stroke Taper to include a checkbox for turning off tapering completely

• Exporting a sculpt no longer overwrites the Save file

• Note: Sharing still overwrites the Save file

• Memory improvements

• Fixed a CPU texture memory leak

• Loading bigger sculpts on min-spec machines is now faster

• Release memory after loading large meshes

• Uses the correct path for copy-to-clay of textured meshes

Comments

• P3nT4gR4mP3nT4gR4m Posts: 1,706 Valuable Player
    Welp, I guess now I have no excuse to neglect my body anatomy! Seriously - epic win. Thanks so much!
  • Henri1970Henri1970 Posts: 121
    Art3mis
    EPIC WIN!
  • Fistful_of_ColorsFistful_of_Colors Posts: 140
    Art3mis
    Thank you for the patch - I'm thrilled you pulled back the no taper option! - now looking forward to the sure to be delicious 1.4 :)
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,774 Volunteer Moderator
    Fantastic. I am teaching myself anatomy sculpting and those ref meshes are exactly what I needed, the colourisation is a stroke of genius. Thank you so much!
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,774 Volunteer Moderator
    Small feature request if possible for the future. Having a poseable artists mannequin. It would be such a helpful tool. Plus the ability to scale each extremity. 

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • Henri1970Henri1970 Posts: 121
    Art3mis
    if you increase the inner radius of the move tool and apply max strength you can pose almost anything.
    caveat is that the move tool is a ball so you have to 'amputate' limbs and it is useless for hands. Oh how
    i wish for a pill shaped move tool.
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,033 Valuable Player
    I wish I could scale MY extremities lol :o :D :D :D
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 7,033 Valuable Player
    I'd quite like to see a ZSphere's equivalent added to Medium. Would make creating organic stuff a breeze:

"This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • FrozenPeaFrozenPea Posts: 2,535 Valuable Player
  • BananaCatBananaCat Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    Cool. Will check it out 
  • vrpatvrpat Posts: 23
    Brain Burst
    Awesome!
    Is there a size limit to facebook sharing your work?
  • MattHickmanMattHickman Posts: 359 Oculus Staff
    We decimate down the mesh to a point that all sculpts should share successfully. Our site has a very high file cap so unless your sculpt is obscenely dense you should be able to go nuts on the facebook sharing. 
  • elefantopiaelefantopia Posts: 32
    Brain Burst
    The humans arms and legs could be further away from the vertical axis, this would allow sculpting of cloth as well as better auto-skinning. Current pose leads to skinning that gets confused what belongs to what bone, even in maya's pretty awesome geodesic voxel.
  • FrozenPeaFrozenPea Posts: 2,535 Valuable Player
    edited February 2018
    reckon it will be possible to embed the 3D model viewer into other websites like this forum? Would be great for posting our models here with the new web shaders :)
  • vrpatvrpat Posts: 23
    Brain Burst
    So I tried sharing one, and it saved a new file, but am I supposed to wait until it's uploaded or something? Because I exited Medium, but nothing happened on facebook.
  • naomi.cornmannaomi.cornman Posts: 188 Oculus Staff
    vrpat said:
    So I tried sharing one, and it saved a new file, but am I supposed to wait until it's uploaded or something? Because I exited Medium, but nothing happened on facebook.
    If you pressed the "Share to Facebook" button, it will share directly to your News Feed. This can take a few minutes. Here's a little video to show the flow