New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

New Home 2.0 Environments are stunning.

LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 4,645 Volunteer Moderator
edited February 9 in General
The space one really fits my theme. The woodland vista is just drop dead beautiful The light it provides is gorgeous. 
The space one has moving traffic and the vista casts moving tree shadows on the balcony area with subtle nature sounds.

Now more walls, floor and ceiling materials please (stone wall, etc) Id like to make a medieval room. :)

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)

Comments

• Thenightman4uThenightman4u Posts: 67
    Hiro Protagonist
    When did that update come out? Today?
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,025 Power Poster
    Ooh, nice! Time to start my second home!
    i7 5820K 4.25 GHz | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair LPX 32GB DDR4 3000 | Corsair Hydro H100i | Corsair HX750
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Samsung 850 Evo SSD 1 TB | Samsung 840 Evo SSD 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3TB
    My Oculus Medium sketchbook thread, and my Oculus Medium Gallery
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 4,645 Volunteer Moderator
    edited February 9
    When did that update come out? Today?

Just now .. I just finished a rather energetic round in Space Pirate Trainer and went home to check up on things and noticed some new textures and the new environments .. they are so pretty!
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

• Thenightman4uThenightman4u Posts: 67
    Hiro Protagonist
    Im not home yet to get the update. New textures? New textures for the old environments?
    Im not home yet to get the update. New textures? New textures for the old environments?
    A few not many, for the walls, floors and ceiling .. quite ornate 

• Rob_In_PhoenixRob_In_Phoenix Posts: 255
    Nexus 6
    Thanks for the scoop @LZoltowski .  I had no idea this was coming.
    Thanks for the scoop @LZoltowski .  I had no idea this was coming.

@cybereality ; mentioned they would be rolling out gradually and they did!  Pretty awesome. They seem to be of much higher quality than the original 3 too .. looks like the O team is really putting in the hours on this one.

• ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 10,532 Power Poster
    Ah these are just too good!

The new TechnoLust environment is really going to have to be my second home project.

I love the forest as well. They put some trees close enough that we can get some nifty ideas going. Tree House challenge??!!
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 3,293 Valuable Player
    Nice, I'm guessing new objects and decorations have arrived too... or at least will do from time to time, we just don't know until we open our presents.
    Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v1803
    Zenbane said:
    Ah these are just too good!

The new TechnoLust environment is really going to have to be my second home project.

I love the forest as well. They put some trees close enough that we can get some nifty ideas going. Tree House challenge??!!

YES! You can do a lot with the plants .... we do need more wood finishes tho ...

Nice, I'm guessing new objects and decorations have arrived too... or at least will do from time to time, we just don't know until we open our presents.
    Fingers crossed!

• DTHDTH Posts: 148
    Art3mis
    Love what they added.Hard to choose a favorite one.  I 'm glad I can make more than one house to suit my mood.
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 3,903 Power Poster
    Might have to have a look at this tomorrow. I've been wanting more environments since Core 2.0 was released. I was a bit bummed that we only got 3 to choose from.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • Rob_In_PhoenixRob_In_Phoenix Posts: 255
    Nexus 6
    I can't keep up with all the Home activity now.  Especially with the bathroom contest and new environments.  Let alone even playing an actual game.
    I can't keep up with all the Home activity now.  Especially with the bathroom contest and new environments.  Let alone even playing an actual game.
    Heh .... I actually play more games (or spend more time in VR) just so I can get new Loot Crates in Home ...it's quite rewarding. I am 35 years old, it shouldn't work on me ... but it does!

I have already begun working on Home #2 and #3 - fml

I'm excited about the Techno World environment. It's a good candidate for the Space Station theme (other than being in Outer Space).

I also like the Forestry environment, because it goes well with the Roman Empire home. Giving a very nice "Lost City of Atlantis" kinda feel.

And it's also a great place to put those Poly-Animals!

Wow, both new environments are really nice looking! I've started a new home with each, and I'm now de-cluttering my main home to move some theme-appropriate items to the new ones.
    i7 5820K 4.25 GHz | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair LPX 32GB DDR4 3000 | Corsair Hydro H100i | Corsair HX750
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Samsung 850 Evo SSD 1 TB | Samsung 840 Evo SSD 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3TB
    Got a new Rare photo today. Nice Rocket Ship Launch. But I think I've seen it before; it may not be new...

• KlodsBrikKlodsBrik Posts: 534
    Neo
    I somewhat feel the same.
     There is so much to choose from right now that I dont even know where to begin.
    So far I have only accomplished to put everything away ( beside a few object ) so im left with an almost empty room I can begin to mess around with.
    edited February 10
    KlodsBrik said:
    I somewhat feel the same.
     There is so much to choose from right now that I dont even know where to begin.
    So far I have only accomplished to put everything away ( beside a few object ) so im left with an almost empty room I can begin to mess around with.

Agreed. I only felt this overwhelmed with VR goodness 2 other times:
    1) When I first got my Rift in April 2016
    2) When I got my Touch Controllers around Christmas 2016

2017 was a good year, but not as great as 2016. Now 2018 is taking off like a champ.

More users will be arriving by Summer with the release of both GO and Santa Cruz. We got a big party ahead! So start decorating those rooms, people! lol
    Zenbane said:

I also like the Forestry environment, because it goes well with the Roman Empire home. Giving a very nice "Lost City of Atlantis" kinda feel.

And it's also a great place to put those Poly-Animals!

You sir are a genius! And me too .. the new tree environment has given me an idea for a theme !!!

Hahahahahhaha ... thats amazing @nalex66

Zenbane said:

I see that Mr. Naughty Pants @nalex66 went a slightly different way with his Nature Scene:

Ha! You found that pretty quickly!
    nalex66 said:
    Zenbane said:

I see that Mr. Naughty Pants @nalex66 went a slightly different way with his Nature Scene:

Ha! You found that pretty quickly!
    He's stalking us .. I keep looking over my shoulder when in home now.

LZoltowski said:
    He's stalking us .. I keep looking over my shoulder when in home now.

Indeed I am!

I hide in everyone's toilet. Why else do you think I started the bathroom challenge?!

• ElusiveMarlinElusiveMarlin Posts: 82
    Hiro Protagonist
    Heh .... I actually play more games (or spend more time in VR) just so I can get new Loot Crates in Home ...it's quite rewarding. I am 35 years old, it shouldn't work on me ... but it does!
    I know what you mean.
    My step sone used to go mad for new Skins for wepons and such like on his playstation, I I used to to think it was just a mad gimmick.

But since getting a rift, I'm hooked on changing things up in my "home", and seeing what gifts i can get.
    Been putting in the hours recently, this weekend, I spent 24 hour total in my Rift! (Got the red ring round my face!!)

I'm 46, and i find it very therapeutic!

Intel Core i7 8700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |
    240GB SATA III SSD | 3TB HDD | 867Mbps Built-in Wi-Fi

"Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."
  • RichooalRichooal Posts: 539
    Neo
    There's also about a dozen ambient music CD's to pick from now.
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - 0 PROBLEMS