What kind of VR gamer are you ? — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

What kind of VR gamer are you ?

HiThere_HiThere_ Posts: 1,275
3Jane
edited February 2018 in General
Example of free ~AAA solo player game : Robo Recall
Example of free ~AAA multiplayer game : Dead & Buried
Example of free ~AAA social multiplayer game : Like MetaTable Poker (but without the micro-transactions) or Rec Room (but with the missing ~AAA graphics).

My question about VR gamers (not about VR games), is :

As far as playing ONE SINGLE FREE ~AAA VR game goes, which one would you spend the most TIME on ?

What kind of VR gamer are you ? 50 votes

On a single player game
82%
christopherbarnhousejumblifranticbigmike20vtkernowMikeMuckShadowmask72YoLolo69WreckLuse68MarkHenryCsnowdogTechy111leo1954auSyrellariscybernettrSimonSays28elrealchiquiLZoltowskiJaimieVandenberghTadin 41 votes
On a multiplayer game
10%
ImeleonRedRizlaAtmos73kzintzioldgamergazza 5 votes
On a social multiplayer game
4%
HiThere_zapturi 2 votes
I'm not a gamer
4%
danknugzstargate88 2 votes

Comments

• wanoennogswanoennogs Posts: 156
    Art3mis
    I am 3 of your 4 choices.  You only allow one choice though. 
  • HiThere_HiThere_ Posts: 1,275
    3Jane
    edited February 2018
    Sorry, but that's because I'm not asking which ones you like, but as a single free game, which one you would be more likely to spend the most time on before you got bored of if (assuming enough content to keep you playing that long).
  • HiThere_HiThere_ Posts: 1,275
    3Jane
    I guess we already have have a clear winner : Single Player games.

That or the multi-player users are so busy playing their VR games that they didn't come vote :)

My issue with single player games is that the NPCs lack expression, specially when compared with player avatars. I wish they could put some of those excess inactive CPU cores to work to breath some A.I. life into those NPCs.

Thanks for the votes.
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 3,788 Valuable Player
    edited February 2018
    On a single player game
    Primarily single player cockpit games. (Ie racing/flight/space) the rest is the cherry on the cake for me.
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 13,685 Valuable Player
    On a single player game
    I am primarily a single-player gamer, but I do enjoy multiplayer.

For example, I beat From Other Suns solo before beating it with other players. I also played every map on Sprint Vector solo before trying to go online to compete against others.

However, Multiplayer is still the best experience when you have a fantastic group.
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • leo1954auleo1954au Posts: 370
    Nexus 6
    On a single player game
    The only multiplayer game I've ever played was world of tanks for awhile I prefer single player game because there are too many brain dead in multiplayer OR maybe I'm just an old grumpy man LOL
  • kernowkernow Posts: 733
    Trinity
    On a single player game
    What snowdog said. :)
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 13,685 Valuable Player
    edited February 2018
    On a single player game
    I've spent over 10 hours in OrbusVR (I recenlty got their '10 hour achievement') which is purely a Multiplayer game. And before that, I was having multiple online gaming sessions with From Other Suns. I also started racing random people in Sprint Vector. So my vote kinda changes now lol
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 3,788 Valuable Player
    On a single player game
    I see the appeal of MP gaming, and MP gaming with friends obviously is great.... but with so many games to choose from it can be hard to get a bunch of friends to all get the same game.....
    Solo is easy, no need to organise times etc, or to worry about whether a random is going to do a Leroy Jenkins etc,.

So whilst i "get" the potential of MP and even love some MP myself, i am sticking with my solo vote, but again, i am not against a bit of MP either....

why choose between beer and bacon sandwiches............ when you can have both
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 6,415 Valuable Player
    On a single player game
    Beer and bacon sandwiches will make the bread soggy, you crazy fool :o
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • Duncan_DisorderlyDuncan_Disorderly Posts: 53
    Hiro Protagonist
    On a single player game
    Single player. I've done my time in multiplayer after 6 years in WoW. I'm chilled to go solo nowadays. 

Also, I'm the naked kind. Occasionally. Yes. I play naked sometimes. You haven't lived until you planted your nekkid a55 on the seat of your spaceship in Elite Dangerous. There's something liberating about virtually exposing your actual junk to the universe. 

Damn! I'm frikkin insane! Thank the gods I am insane!  
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 6,415 Valuable Player
    On a single player game
    You should be careful flying like that - you might get caught by the Thargoids! :o :D :D :D
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • SimonSays28SimonSays28 Posts: 578
    Neo
    On a single player game
    Definitely single player - even for regular non vr games. Something about multiplayer games disconnects me from the immersive experience. Although I do like local split screen mp- and if emuvr ever comes out I could definitely see myself playing goldeneye mp in vr.
    Check out my band at http://theheavyjack3.bandcamp.com/ - our entire discography has been released for free download.

• MowTinMowTin Posts: 1,339
    Project 2501
    On a single player game
    I don't play multiplayer much anymore. I did enjoy FOS coop. I do race in PC2 sometimes. And I do sometimes play either IL-2 or Elite Dangerous in multiplayer. 

But 80% of my gaming is single player experiences. 
  • PhoenixSpyderPhoenixSpyder Posts: 216
    Nexus 6
    On a single player game
    Only single player here...as I like to enjoy the scenery and graphics as I play and take my time exploring all...if that done in MP...well...you know the result!!!
    i7 8700k @ 5ghz, Asus Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming, MSI 1080ti Gaming X @ 2050Ghz + 11.4Ghz ram, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666 Ghz, Adata SX900 SSD, Adata SX6000NP M.2 SSD, Adata SU650 SSD, Toshiba 3TB HD, Oculus Rift, Odyssey Plus, Windows 10 Pro 1803