What are you working on? - Page 15 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

What are you working on?

Comments

• P3nT4gR4mP3nT4gR4m Posts: 1,700 Valuable Player
    edited October 2018
    Artstation #FeudalJapanChallenge 

470 poly retop with subdivision surface modifier in blender. Shaping up to be one of my cleanest yet. Still got the ears to finish then line up the right side. Hipoly is broken symmetry but I used a mirror modifier to get the vertices down - hence it looks a bit busted around the nose right now

Head and gums/tongue unwrapped. Figured out a cool workflow for schwing looking geometry for the gumtongue generated through decimate, remesh and shrinkwrap modifiers in blender. Look ma, no hands!

Paintjob is still all medium, baked onto the retop. Teeth and horns still to do then into Substance.
  • DreamShaperDreamShaper Posts: 723
    3Jane
    Block cut bowl.  This things big, middle distance shot

• cybercyrus90cybercyrus90 Posts: 113
    Art3mis
    VR to Game Engine
    (Optimization/Animation/AI etc...)
    80% of assets in this world was created in Medium. And working on ways to pipeline any sort of asset, from Characters to vehicles, to flora and even terrain.

3Jane
    VR to Game Engine
    80% of assets in this world was created in Medium. And working on ways to pipeline any sort of asset, from Characters to vehicles, to flora and even terrain.

Very cool. I like the world you're building there. 
    Art3mis
    VR to Game Engine

Thanks man! Hope you'll get to explore it!
    3Jane
    VR to Game Engine

Ya, I'd definitely check it out.  I have to be careful with things like that, easy for me to get lost in places like that and forget to come back to reality.  

Building a world is an ambitious project.  Really cool that you're building a pipeline around medium assets. How's the progress going, and what is this Game Engine, that you speak of?
    @cybercyrus90 Cool vibe. I agree with @DreamShaper - I could get lost for hours down a rabbit hole like that! Be interested in any tips you have about pipeline stuff.

I've blown off artstation challenge. Totally wasn't feeling the little emperor dude :( Working on another portrait right now.
    Medium + Substance + Blender.

Art3mis
    VR to Game Engine

Ya, I'd definitely check it out.  I have to be careful with things like that, easy for me to get lost in places like that and forget to come back to reality.  

Building a world is an ambitious project.  Really cool that you're building a pipeline around medium assets. How's the progress going, and what is this Game Engine, that you speak of?
    Thanks man! I'm experimenting in UE4, assets have been reduced using various methods, including Simplygon, Instant Mesh, and classic retopo. For now the idea is to create one map with some basic but fun gameplay and a strong atmosphere. :) 
    3Jane
    Thanks man! I'm experimenting in UE4, assets have been reduced using various methods, including Simplygon, Instant Mesh, and classic retopo. For now the idea is to create one map with some basic but fun gameplay and a strong atmosphere. :) 
    Excellent.  Had to look some of those up.  Interesting.  Probably won't have time to dive into learning a game engine until the middle of next year, always cool to see someone taking it up a level like that.
    3Jane
    edited November 2018
    Alkari Musician

3Jane
    edited November 2018
    @InkyTheOctopus

Those light sabres are killer, handle details, blades, glow, all of it
    Is that the medium turntable, or did you use  another program for the render?   Looking at the glow effect and scratching my head right now...
  • InkyTheOctopusInkyTheOctopus Posts: 243
    Nexus 6
    DreamShaper , yeah I always use Marmoset Toolbag for render and turntable vids. The glow  is emmisive material + bloom effect (for both Medium & Marmo')  the sabers were literally a 5minute job using the mighty gridsnapping tool.
    3Jane
    DreamShaper , yeah I always use Marmoset Toolbag for render and turntable vids. The glow  is emmisive material + bloom effect (for both Medium & Marmo')  the sabers were literally a 5minute job using the mighty gridsnapping tool.
    Ya, I figured that's how you did the handles, at least.  I do like the design on them.  Interesting with the glow, will have to open marmoset again one of these days.  Need more free time, not enough, so always just want to go straight to medium when I have it

3Jane
    P3nT4gR4m  She's looking really good.  The hair is incredible
    Art3mis
    Excellent.  Had to look some of those up.  Interesting.  Probably won't have time to dive into learning a game engine until the middle of next year, always cool to see someone taking it up a level like that.
    Thanks man, when you get the chance you really should. Quite an amazing feeling being able to 'play' your sculpts :D
    A cautionary tail. When you have child strands set to 5 on the preview, remember not to leave the render set to 100 or else 2.5 hours later you get Groucho Mirren  :(  

3Jane
    edited November 2018
    P3nT4gR4m said:
    A cautionary tail. When you have child strands set to 5 on the preview, remember not to leave the render set to 100 or else 2.5 hours later you get Groucho Mirren  :( 
    After careful consideration, I think I like the thinner eyebrow look better, although could be that she just needs a cigar
    :D
    Decided to go take the minotaur dude into substance for a quick dirty paint test, using an export decimate. Liking it so far. Now the decision is whether to retop and bake or just keep going with rough UV's. If I'm retopoing I'll probably throw a couple hours more sculpting at it. Still undecided. I'll sleep on it.

3Jane
    Interesting.  The stone texture on the base is cool.  Curious to see how this develops. 
    Everything else is on hold for the time being. Another portrait has forced itself upon me. After binge watching Chilling Adventures of Sabrina on Netflix I've become obsessed with Michelle Gomez's unfeasibly epic cheekbones. Using my new toy - Makehuman. Awesome way to get a basemesh with fine tuned proportions. Imported as clay. Saved a ton of mucking around.

3Jane
    Cool.  Haven't looked at Makehuman for a year or two, apparently time to open that back up again
    @DreamShaper the output needs a whole lot of work but for proportions and stuff it's pure pwnage  

3Jane
    P3nT4gR4m said:
    @DreamShaper the output needs a whole lot of work but for proportions and stuff it's pure pwnage  
    She's coming along nicely.  I see what you mean about proportions.  Good structure to work with.  I have a card game I want to do, down the road, that needs a lot of portraits, although they don't necessarily need to be super-detailed.  Even near the starting point, would probably work well for a scaled down image like that.  Will definitely look into it, again.
    3Jane
    edited November 2018
    Did some more work on one of the figures for the piece I'm working on.  Unfortunately, had a crash while saving after saying to myself, "I like the chest and arms, save it now." Haven't been able to get them quite to my satisfaction again, but the back is starting to get close to where I want it.  She'll probably be wearing boots the next time you see her.

Different angle, with a few random objects and figures, from earlier, floating around her

3Jane
    Sometime later... several other angles, variants and observations in the last couple pages of my sketchbook. Now, the fifth day since I started on doing a simple t-pose, but it's been an interesting journey.  Will explore further.