New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Oculus symbol flickering in and out while in game

MacthstickMacthstick Posts: 3
NerveGear
I noted an issue while playing Elite and Dangerous after a bit in game the Oculus Symbol was flickering in the right side of the picture in the HMD. Also the touch controls seemed to turn on and were visible disembodied hands off on the side of the screen. I am using mouse and Hotas x in game so those should not be active. any ideas?

Comments

• YoLolo69YoLolo69 Posts: 920
    3Jane
    This happen to me often during IL-2 sessions when a big stutter happen (E.g. like my hard drive recording a big chunk of files I'm downloading in background).

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

• MacthstickMacthstick Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Hmm ok so maybe a resource problem ? I have not noticed it until the last day or so
  • Frontier_SupportFrontier_Support Posts: 82 Oculus Partner
    Hey @Macthstick
    Yes, this is most likely a resource problem and means that the game isn't able to display enough fps to keep things smooth.

I would suggest that you try closing anything that you might have running in the background, making sure your PC is cool and isn't overheating and finally you might also try turning down some of the graphical settings in Elite Dangerous to see if this helps.

If you are still seeing this and nothing is working then do let us know and we will be glad to see what else we can do to help. You can reach us here, or on our support site here: https://support.frontier.co.uk/kb/

Cheers,
     - CMDR Falcon