cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Netflix The Best Streaming Service Out There?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I haven't used Netflix yet. Is it really the best streaming service out there or there are some other platforms that are better. Everyone I ask is using it, so does this make it the best one?
16 REPLIES 16

falken76
Expert Consultant
There is no best one because Content is not owned by one single entity.  Netflix is a good value for what they charge that is less than a meal at McDonalds for the entire month.  Hulu is good if you like TV, Amazon is good if you have prime already, then there's all the cable network streamers that work if you are already paying for cable like A & E, ID Channel, Discovery, History etc....

The problem is there are so many streamers and content doesn't reside in one spot so if you get a handful of them, you're paying a bunch of money for tv again.  Evenutally it will be like Alacarte tv and streaming will be at the ripoff cost that cable TV is at and many of us won't bother with it anymore.

LZoltowski
Champion
I use Netflix and Prime Video from Amazon as part of my Prime subscription. 
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Techy111
MVP
MVP

I use Netflix and Prime Video from Amazon as part of my Prime subscription. 

Same with me and my Sky Q across all platforms 🙂
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Netflix is great for box sets, not really so good for movies.

Problem is the different services have their own series exclusives so you're going to miss out on something unless you subscribe to them all... I crammed in as much Amazon prime stuff as I could during a free trial and really liked The Man in the High Castle and Westworld, but they seem to take an age to produce each season, so I felt there wasn't enough to keep a subscription going. I like The Walking Dead but that would need NowTV here in the UK.

I subscribe to Netflix now, partly because of ST Discovery exclusive, but there also seemed to be more to hold my interest. They have a lot of legacy UK TV shows I like, the BBC iPlayer generally only has the latest episodes available and All 4 is hopelessly riddled with adverts.

Just binged on The End of the F***ing World, Peaky Blinders & Homeland all excellent. Maybe starting to wonder if it's totally worth keeping going but I'll give it a few more months.

edit: also Stranger Things & The Crown was surprisingly good as I'm definitely not a royalist

LZoltowski
Champion

What did you think of ST: Discovery? fracking loved it! The end shot of the season tho!
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

What did you think of ST: Discovery? fracking loved it! The end shot of the season tho!

I wasn't sure at the start, it was quite a departure and I wondered if it wasn't getting a bit bogged down in a single story. But in the end I really got into it.... and yes, that finale got me really emotional*. They're reassuring fans that 'that ship' won't take over the show... but I'm thinking yeah... just let it happen!

*intellectually stimulated I mean, damn human half

LZoltowski
Champion

I wasn't sure at the start, it was quite a departure and I wondered if it wasn't getting a bit bogged down in a single story. But in the end I really got into it.... and yes, that finale got me really emotional. They're reassuring fans that 'that ship' won't take over the show... but I'm thinking yeah... just let it happen! 

Yeah same here, it found its pacing towards the end. 

Be kind to one another 🙂

Techy111
MVP
MVP
The new Star Trek IMO is a breath of fresh air.......great twists and sooooooo dark.... and as the big yellow M advert says....................I'M LOVING IT 🙂
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Problem is the high production value means each season is likely to be over a year in the making, so we'll have to get used to 15 shows per 15 months or there abouts.