New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Buzzing headphone, is my second rift dying too?

assettomioassettomio Posts: 413
Nexus 6
Hi guys, about half a year ago I had to send back my Rift for rma because one of the headphones died, apparantly the ribbon cable was a weak spot, they replaced the rift completely without questions, very decent, fast and nice.
Now however, that same replacement Rift is now starting to get random buzzing sounds on the left earpiece again, just like I had on the first one, is this a sign of it dying again? Or could it be related to something else?
It's constantly on 1 side, which is exactly what it did last time before it kicked the bucket
Is it a good idea to contact support about it already or should I wait to see if it actually dies on me? I think there is 2 year warranty normally, which would mean I have until July this year before the warranty expires..
Also what happens if that replacement Rift dies within 6 months too? Would I be stuck with a paperweight just out of warranty? Anybody got any experience in this?

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Might be a good idea to contact us to see how we can help. Also, have you tried to remove the headphones and clean them and reattach? Sometimes that can help.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • assettomioassettomio Posts: 413
    Nexus 6
    Might be a good idea to contact us to see how we can help. Also, have you tried to remove the headphones and clean them and reattach? Sometimes that can help.
    No that could be an idea, although, very strange, when I posted it the buzzing was pretty consistent for about a month or something, but now it seems to have completely disappeared, also the sensor problem I had seems to have disappeared, I haven't done or changed anything, except for the latest major windows update, maybe it was a driver issue...
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Interesting. Well hopefully the issue doesn't come back. If it does, please do try removing the ear-piece and cleaning it. This has worked for me before.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV