New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Rift one of my two sensors not working. HELP :(

JoshSkolnick97JoshSkolnick97 Posts: 7
NerveGear
One of my sensors is working perfectly, however my other sensor is not being recognised in any of my USB ports (2.0 or 3.0), including the ones which i've had my working sensor connected.

Comments

• LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,774 Volunteer Moderator
    WHen in Oculus Home, can you post a screenshot of the device's screen?

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • JoshSkolnick97JoshSkolnick97 Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    I forgot to mention, i've just upgraded my computer with a fresh install of windows. Prior to upgrading both sensors and touch controllers were connected. I just cannot complete the setup yet due to the sensor not being recognised at all.
    When you plug both sensors in, can you do a screenshot of the device manager, please?

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

NerveGear
    edited February 2018
    It seems that my computer doesn't even realize it's connected.. I tried all USB ports but no luck again.
    Can you try 2 things

First, run set up again, and choose REPAIR

or try and run

\Oculus\Support\oculus-drivers\Oculus-Driver.exe

When you did a clean install, are you using your Motherboard Manufacturers USB drivers, or did you just let windows do its own thing?

NerveGear
    Where do I find repair in the Set Up??
    I ran the \Oculus\Support\oculus-drivers\Oculus-Driver.exe however it didn't do anything.
    I had it upgraded at my local PC repair shop, unfortunately I don't know...
    Ok, do you know who your motherboard manufacturer is?

The repair option appears if you try running the Oculus setup exe again.

Also, if you unplug one sensor, and plug the non-working on into that port it doesn't work?

NerveGear
    It's Gigabyte, the manufacturer.
    I found the repair feature, it's re-downloading 4gb so i'll keep you updated once that's finished..
    It doesn't work with only the non-working sensor in :(

NerveGear
    Repair is finally complete... and when I went back to Set Up nothing had changed from before, still not recognising my sensor :(
    NerveGear
    Update: I tried connecting each sensor to my laptop as well, only the working sensor registered on both USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports while the non-working sensor wasn't picked up in any way from any USB ports, so it's definitely not a hardware problem with my PC.
    Update: I tried connecting each sensor to my laptop as well, only the working sensor registered on both USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports while the non-working sensor wasn't picked up in any way from any USB ports, so it's definitely not a hardware problem with my PC.
    Sounds like the sensor is faulty, I would issue a support ticket here to see if you can get it replaced under warranty:
    https://tickets.oculusvr.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Yes, please submit a ticket. If you are under warranty, we can help with a replacement. Thanks. https://support.oculus.com/
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • stickmanrunnerstickmanrunner Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    im having the same problem and ive noticed in "device manager" under universal serial bus controllers, the non working sensor shows up as "unknown usb device (set address failed)"