cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heavy Stuttering During Moderately Intense Gameplay

Phat_Zangoose
Honored Guest
All right, I'm sort of at wit's end and am posting here to hopefully find a solution to my problem.
Nearly a month ago I got my Oculus Rift, and damn do I love this thing. My rig at the time was:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Intel Core i5 4460 CPU
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB   
8GB RAM

With this setup, I barely encountered lag, being able to run Robo Recall (which I'll refer to often here) with no problems whatsoever. After much play, though, my processor would overheat, most likely because it's slightly outdated and my current case was... pretty tiny and in an area with little breathing room. So hey, I decide to upgrade my parts and motherboard, get a much bigger case, and upgrade to Windows 10. It'd been a while since I got new parts so it was pretty exciting, and now I could handle VR better than ever, with less compatibility issues! Now, my rig is as follows:

Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Intel Core i7 7700 CPU
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB (Same)
16GB RAM

Nice! Time to start Robo Recall! So the first ten minutes or so go on without much lag at all. Slight stutter here and there, but load times were quite a bit faster now. However, as I get into the first decently large gunfight... some stuttering. All right, maybe something's loading still, whatever. But it happens constantly, and gets worse and worse. Finally, it gets to the point where I get incredibly motion-sick, the stuttering going from heavy blips to intense after-imaging constantly, with nothing able to stop it other than quitting Robo Recall. Then Oculus Home runs perfectly fine. This issue happened on VRChat as well, but that's still an unoptimized mess anyways.
After this I came to this forum and looked at other users having similar issues, but none of them have given any solace. Alt-tabbing doesn't do anything, no difference when the game is focused or not. Changing my computer to High Performance has done nothing. Turning off NVIDIA GeForce Experience and Overlay doesn't change anything either. I really have no idea what else could be the issue other than something conflicting with Windows 10?
I've attached the logs here, if that will help anything. Any feedback is appreciated, and thank you for reading this!
0 REPLIES 0