Having a really bad time with this, so any help would be much appreciated.
My Windows 10 PC is spontaneously rebooting while running the Oculus software AND the HMD is plugged in (but needn't be active). This tends to occur <10 mins of game time (Onwards and Dungeon Knight as examples), but has also occurred during the "See what your hands can do" setup segment and while in the Oculus Store.
Attached is the OculusLogGatherer zip.
Oculus Log and Win's Event Logger show a lot of "[Kernel:Error] OVR Error:".
I hope somebody smarter than me might be able to help diagnose from that. Thank you for looking!
Some pointers/previous areas looked at:
- Everything was working fine for months on the same setup - so probably driver clashes or a new hardware fault. First noticed on Feb 14th while playing Lone Echo - it seemed to be a corrupt save game...but now observed everywhere.
- I've stripped the PC back to minimal hardware and connections.
- Reset Windows 10, installed latest drivers (inc Nvidia 390.77 - is this still an issue and is spontaneous reboot the effect?)
- Latest firmware on Z270 MSI Gaming Pro Carbon, and Samsung Nvme m.2 960 Evo (boot and only drive),
- No overclocking. No overheating observed. 550W Themaltake PSU.
- On 3 sensor setup, 2 x usb 3.0, 1 x usb 2. Usb 2 is on the 5m extension cable supplied with the extra sensor.
- Same problem when using SteamVR.