New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus sign in issues and black screen

ericzhuVRericzhuVR Posts: 9
NerveGear

I am a new user and have not been able to initiate Oculus sign in successfully.  I typed in my email and pw and hit enter, but then I get a black screen on PC.  My Rift headset has flashing red and blue bars with nothing else on it.  I've reinstalled the OculusSetup.exe and did the repair but same outcome occurs. My windows updates are all up to date as well as checked that I have enough memory on my PC.  Any suggestions to resolved this is much appreciated!

Comments

• LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,776 Volunteer Moderator
    edited February 2018
    Are you using VP or some sort of a firewall?
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • ericzhuVRericzhuVR Posts: 9
    NerveGear

Support needed asap

NerveGear

Firewall most likely, what's the best way to find out. I'm setting this up in a large corporate setting in our office. 

There should be a log, I can't remember which address exactly it connects to..
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

It might be: 31.13.95.61 graph.oculus.com

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    Please submit a support ticket here for help. Thanks. https://support.oculus.com/
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    NerveGear
    thanks for the link. support ticket was submitted just now.
    NerveGear
    downloaded the latest Oculus security patch but still have the same black blank screen in login, nothing shows up on my oculus either. except for red and blue linear flashes.  What now?
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    NerveGear

attached is the log

ericzhuVR said:

attached is the log

Make sure you are running the leanest session of windows you can, disable all of the following if you have them

GPU Tweakers (Like Afterburner)
    CPU Tweakers
    SSD Utilities
    ANtivirus, Anti Malware
    ANy RGB Utilities 
    Any peripheral Utilities
    Java Updated
    any non-essential USB devices unpluged

Basically bare minimum to run windows

NerveGear
    Still running into the same issue. I'm running my Rift on a company PC, windows 7. Not sure if it could be due to our firewalls.  Hoping someone from Oculus of the forum can help. 
    ericzhuVR said:
    Still running into the same issue. I'm running my Rift on a company PC, windows 7. Not sure if it could be due to our firewalls.  Hoping someone from Oculus of the forum can help. 
    This error 

error submitting Marauder packet: System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException:

Happens when you are running on a domain and behind a firewall.

NerveGear

so you found out the root cause?  any way to get around it or I need approval from my IT dept. I thought it was simple as plug and play on the Rift.

edited March 2018
    ericzhuVR said:

so you found out the root cause?  any way to get around it or I need approval from my IT dept. I thought it was simple as plug and play on the Rift.

It is as long as it can fully communicate with the Facebook servers. Yes I would speak to the IT dept. The Rift needs ports open etc (not sure which ones myself)  I have seen a similar issue with people connecting via VPN from china or strong Firewalls (on a windows PC the rift can usually reconfigure the firewall and add its bits but when its managed in a network it needs to be manually adjusted) etc ..

It creates two new firewall rules

Also some Outbound stuff

You would need approval from your IT dept.