New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

VRChat on oculus GO?

CSSLuvsMCCSSLuvsMC Posts: 3
NerveGear
Hi. I was wondering if vrchat would be on oculus go. If it’s not, is there some way that I can ask the company to port the game? Thanks

Comments

• karrtoonkarrtoon Posts: 120
    Art3mis
    edited February 2018
    Unfortunately it's more about the world's made by the community and custom avatars being very demanding, as most are very unoptimized. In many cases,  depending on how many users are in the room they barely run well enough on a desktop with a 1080ti (what I am running) and it's reprojecting to 45 fps ASW.

So even if the VRchat team wanted to I don't think this would be possible unless some sort of remote solution to wirelessly stream from your PC like "riftcat" would work (I've never tried myself). Altspace does things a little differently so that's about all I would expect on the Oculus go as they do target mobile specifically with desktop compatibility. (and you can tell in the graphics on alt space)

As a VRchat fan I would love to see this too but it doesn't really seem possible at this time.
  • CSSLuvsMCCSSLuvsMC Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Cool, thanks. Also, I have used riftcat before and it works well, but there is lag
  • dudeblokedudebloke Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    well,I would recommend altspace vr.
  • gary.tippin1gary.tippin1 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited June 2018

karrtoon said:
    Unfortunately it's more about the world's made by the community and custom avatars being very demanding, as most are very unoptimized. In many cases,  depending on how many users are in the room they barely run well enough on a desktop with a 1080ti (what I am running) and it's reprojecting to 45 fps ASW.

So even if the VRchat team wanted to I don't think this would be possible unless some sort of remote solution to wirelessly stream from your PC like "riftcat" would work (I've never tried myself). Altspace does things a little differently so that's about all I would expect on the Oculus go as they do target mobile specifically with desktop compatibility. (and you can tell in the graphics on alt space)

As a VRchat fan I would love to see this too but it doesn't really seem possible at this time.
    What if a custom room was built with no complicated character bodies or large environments.  Would a couple Oculus Go be able to join the at room?    I am hoping to build a room to show case some of my blender model work for school.  I want to have people use their oculus Gos to join the game and check out my work. Without having to build a MMO game in Unet from scratch. 

Thanks Karrtoon

• karahkwahawekarahkwahawe Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    CSSLuvsMC said:
    Hi. I was wondering if vrchat would be on oculus go. If it’s not, is there some way that I can ask the company to port the game? Thanks
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=21&v=2JbgUC0h2BY  This might help. But you'd have to play with keyboard and mouse. But can you just use a game controller on your PC? Other options are adding PS4 move controllers with Driver4vr or getting the nolo cv1 kit which adds full tracking.