New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Lost all my GearVR apps/purchases

I haven’t used my GearVR in a long time. I am now wanting to use it again, particularly to show students who are studying VR and it ran an update, including expecting me to log in with Facebook. Now that I am back in VR home... I can’t see pretty much any of my prior purchases. Back when I was using VR months ago my library had a fair fortune of purchased games & apps... how do I get them back?

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    edited February 2018
    Logging into Facebook was probably the issue. While we have this feature, it is not required. You most likely purchased those apps on your Oculus account, and then by logging in with Facebook, the system created a new account not related to your original account. See if you can remember your old username and password and login normally (not Facebook) and see if that works. There's a white text link on the login page from logging in with an Oculus account.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • LanceFlavellLanceFlavell Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Thanks so much for you reply. It took me a while to guess which email account I used to use (I have many and hint to self... it’s the gmail one I used to set up my Samsung phone) but finally I am in and all my GearVR apps have returned. Thanks again.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    So glad I could help.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV