New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Just Upgraded Mobo & CPU, Now I Get Unfixable Runtime Errors

OneMintyMooseOneMintyMoose Posts: 3
NerveGear
So I just upgraded my computer and I've updated to all the latest drivers and configured everything nicely.  Upon trying to launch the Oculus app I get unfixable "Can't Reach Oculus Runtime Service" errors.  I've tried everything I can google, repaired, uninstalled then repaired, and I think I've isolated the problem, I just don't know how to fix it.  When I run OVRServer_x64.exe, it shows that it can't validate the Oculus App Framework pictured here: https://imgur.com/4yAQiFK .  Can someone give me a hint here?  I'm pretty much out of ideas.  Thank you all.
Tagged:

Comments

• BeastyBaiterBeastyBaiter Posts: 769
    3Jane
    Did you format your SSD/HDD and reinstall windows + everything else fresh after swapping motherboards? If not, there's your problem. ALWAYS start fresh when you swap mobo's.
  • jimzepellinjimzepellin Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Everyones getting this as far as I can tell. Security certificate is out of date. Not good but should be sorted soon.
  • Ben78530Ben78530 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I am getting it as well. OculusAppFramework.dll has an expired certificate. Did you guys test / validate your update before releasing it?
  • falken76falken76 Posts: 2,708 Valuable Player
    Did you format your SSD/HDD and reinstall windows + everything else fresh after swapping motherboards? If not, there's your problem. ALWAYS start fresh when you swap mobo's.

I got lucky.  When I switched my SSD out of my old build and put it in the new one it just worked, all I had to do was re-install motherboard drivers once windows loaded.  My old motherboard was an Asus and I moved the drive over to a system that runs on an MSI board.  I can't believe it works with no problems, I have never seen this work in the past, I wonder if this is a newer feature of motherboards now.
  • OneMintyMooseOneMintyMoose Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    No, but I definitely will now that you've mentioned it.  Shouldn't be too many problems because both motherboards are MSI, the only realy difference is the chipset & I/O.
  • BeastyBaiterBeastyBaiter Posts: 769
    3Jane
    The chipset and I/O are the main reasons you need to do this. Changing mobo's is a rather traumatic experience for an operating system. It's about like a head transplant on a human. Even if everything seems to be working normally, I guarantee it isn't. Something will be broken. Whether or not that something is important is another matter.

As a side note, if you have multiple drives, the stuff on the non-OS drive doesn't need to be touched so long as the drive ID remains the same (e.g. E:).