New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Cant Reach Oculus Runtime Services

apexmasterapexmaster Posts: 41
Brain Burst
so i boot up my pc, click on icon to open oculus home, and got the message, cant reach oculus run time services. i gave it 15 min or so reboot try again and nothing. i have never seen this before?

Comments

• rcopperwaite-b4thrcopperwaite-b4th Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    This is happening for us too. Looks like it might be a global issue with a recent update.
  • olerocoleroc Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same Here, I'm in Norway, tried 3 different computers, all are the same...
  • Baggins137Baggins137 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    This happened to me also, I tried installing old Nvidia drivers per website and it didnt help.
  • BaZhAnGBaZhAnG Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    same here too!
  • crossmrcrossmr Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    Yup also not working for me. They broke everything. Smooth move Oculus.
  • MrKaruMrKaru Posts: 315 Poster of the Week
    Same here. Very annoying.
  • SendoTargetSendoTarget Posts: 2
    NerveGear

Slin over at Echo Arena Discord seems to have figured it out. Needs a non-crapped out dll
  • BadDanMEBadDanME Posts: 61
    Hiro Protagonist
    Ok, so i rebooted my PC 30 minutes over and over in vain. Should have chacked the forum first.
  • BBernesBBernes Posts: 16
    NerveGear
    Same issue here, tried to download and repair but no luck

• apexmasterapexmaster Posts: 41
    Brain Burst
    so what is fix??? at moment, i open oculus setup and click on repair, it is DL oculus software again
  • SendoTargetSendoTarget Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Well fix is to reset clock on your system 2 days back or something since it's an expired certificate. Needs a new one from Oculus.
    NerveGear
    so what is fix??? at moment, i open oculus setup and click on repair, it is DL oculus software again
    No fix at the moment as far as i can tell.
  • GnosticAscensionGnosticAscension Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Goddamn it. Same here. Get your shit together Oculus.
  • Mace404Mace404 Posts: 208
    Nexus 6
    You can try setting back the time of your pc to before ‎Wednesday, ‎March ‎7, ‎2018 01:00:00 PM.
    Other than that, Oculus has to come with a fix. But curious how they will provide it since their distribution mechanism is not starting up.
    Brain Burst
    what about clean install of oculus software?,. so you mean we cannot use rift till they fix this??? ATM im DL oculus software via oculus setup---Repair
    NerveGear
    Mace404 said:
    You can try setting back the time of your pc to before ‎Wednesday, ‎March ‎7, ‎2018 01:00:00 PM.
    Other than that, Oculus has to come with a fix. But curious how they will provide it since their distribution mechanism is not starting up.
    Adjusting the time and date did not work for me.
  • ticmike3ticmike3 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Why is there nobody from oculus here to apologise and tell us what the issue is and when it'll be fixed!!!!
  • HyperGiant42HyperGiant42 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Well fix is to reset clock on your system 2 days back or something since it's an expired certificate. Needs a new one from Oculus.
    Have you tried this?
    Brain Burst
    how do you reset clock back?

• esben.dalgaard.3esben.dalgaard.3 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    This would be sort of fun, if it wasn't so embarrasing.
    Brain Burst
    just change date to march 1st, almost done with oculus software DL
  • p1up1u Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I did repair = no work. now uninstall, cleaned oculus junks from registery + dll's. now trying clean oculus install, maybe there new dll or something.
  • Baggins137Baggins137 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    edited March 7
    Well I changed the date on my computer and it works again, so obviously you guys did figure it out. Thanks for the temp fix idea.
  • NIKEoo8NIKEoo8 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    corrected the date - helped. When can I return this date?

• Mace404Mace404 Posts: 208
    Nexus 6
    edited March 7
    Press start/Windows key and type: cmd - right click that and start as administrator
    In the new window type: time
    Enter the desired time, for example 03:00 (just anything below 13:00 is fine)
    Restart the Oculus software by executing the following commands in the same cmd window.
    net stop OVRService
    net start OVRService

Then start the oculus client by running %OCULUSBASE%\Support\oculus-client\OculusClient.exe

Just let my Oculus software update and the OculusAppFramework.dll file has a new certificate, so after that you can set the time back to normal.
    (you can run the command "w32tm /resync"  to trigger windows to update the time with a time server automatically)
  • MattLaverickMattLaverick Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Changing the system clock worked for me. I set the date to 28th Feb and restarted my machine and it works.It's  temporary solution at least
  • ticmike3ticmike3 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    NIKEoo8 said:
    corrected the date - helped. When can I return this date?

I'd assume when Oculus have got their shit together and fixed the issue
  • esben.dalgaard.3esben.dalgaard.3 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    edited March 7
    Set time back and watch it update in Library, then it'll restart and update properly.
    Set time in Setting>Time/Language> set automatic time to off and set the date back. You can reset the date when all is updated.
    Edit: Oculus Rift Core Home doesn't seem to work tho.
    ReEdit: Nope, games won't work either. Consider NOT setting your time back.