New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Cant Reach Oculus Runtime Services

Comments

• KhalreonKhalreon Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Okay I can confirm, changing date solution works fine. But you have to also restart Oculus Runtime Service after changing the Date.
  • MrKaruMrKaru Posts: 310 Poster of the Week
    edited March 7
    So, they just locked millions of users out of their own hardware because somebody forgot to pay the bill? I really hope they fix this soon, because it's not going to look good for them if this lasts hours or days. 
  • apexmasterapexmaster Posts: 32
    Brain Burst
    I fixed it, re-install oculus software, and good to go, but yes chnage date and time oin win
  • Fractal974Fractal974 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I also just changed the date to yesterday, and restart the computer and it works...
  • vinniegusmaovinniegusmao Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Changed the date and time to february 7th, 1pm, restarted my pc and it started to work again.
  • DemimageDemimage Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    So whats the score?? How do we get back into oculus without changing system time?
  • GameStoreGamingGameStoreGaming Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    Why in the hell does the runtime service have a certificate that isn't pushed out to something like 2049???????
  • JonJonXDJonJonXD Posts: 71
    Hiro Protagonist
    Wow, this is a crazy issue!

I was wondering why it broke for me too.

I don't really want to change my date/time on my PC, that's just silly.
    PC Specs

AMD Ryzen 7 @ 3.9ghz 1.35v w/ Noctua NH-D15 SE AM4 Edition

ASUS STRIX X370-F GAMING Motherboard

Power Color Red Dragon RX 580 8GB

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR4 3200

Samsung 960 EVO 500GB NVME

2x4TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs

Corsair RM850X

Be Quiet Silent Base 800

LG 29UM60-P Ultra Wide 2560x1080 Monitor

Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum Keyboard

Logitech G903 Mouse

Oculus Rift CV1 w/ 3 Sensors + Earphones

• BaldorenBaldoren Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Is someone from Oculus going to comment? If they don’t have a support number one would think they would at the very least make an attempt to update the community thru forums, or social media. 
  • MattLaverickMattLaverick Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Mace404 said:
    Press start/Windows key and type: cmd - right click that and start as administrator
    In the new window type: time
    Enter the desired time, for example 03:00 (just anything below 13:00 is fine)
    Restart the Oculus software by executing the following commands in the same cmd window.
    net stop OVRService
    net start OVRService

Then start the oculus client by running %OCULUSBASE%\Support\oculus-client\OculusClient.exe

Just let my Oculus software update and the OculusAppFramework.dll file has a new certificate, so after that you can set the time back to normal.
    (you can run the command "w32tm /resync"  to trigger windows to update the time with a time server automatically)
    How did you update the OculusAppFramework.dll? I've tried restarting oculus home with automatic updates both on and off and it doesn't seem to update the certificate
  • noemisnoemis Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    Again oculus shows it's incompetence. It's so hard! Stole me over a hour to figure it out, find this thread... now I'm happy, to be not alone. I always complained about their restrictive closed software. Too invasive. Even on the samsung devices they install and update so many, too many service... and now this. It's a pain. 
  • MrFraggleMrFraggle Posts: 39
    NerveGear
    I have just posted a plea for help on this issue and by chance I find I am not alone. 
  • BaZhAnGBaZhAnG Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    i tried the date change, it works for me
  • jumblijumbli Posts: 143 Oculus Start Member
    So glad someone figured this out. I see the word is spreading to reddit and Facebook groups so hopefully a lot of people will be able to use the workaround until we get a fix. 
    Developer of Dimensional and The Relentless
    View my dev blog at JumbliVR.com
  • Mace404Mace404 Posts: 205
    Nexus 6
    How did you update the OculusAppFramework.dll? I've tried restarting oculus home with automatic updates both on and off and it doesn't seem to update the certificate
    You should have an notification in your library for an update.
    If not, try enabling the public beta. I'm sure that one is updated.
  • ShiiShii Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    Messing with system time can break a lot more things in Windows and other software. Wait for official fix!
    Intel Core i7-7700K, Asus ROG Strix Z270E Gaming, 16Gb RAM, MSI GTX 1060 6Gb Gaming X
  • MattLaverickMattLaverick Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Mace404 said:
    Will give it a try thanks. If I update the dll on one machine, can I copy it to another or are they unique?
    Nexus 6
    edited March 7
    Mace404 said:
    Will give it a try thanks. If I update the dll on one machine, can I copy it to another or are they unique?
    That should work, but I have no idea what else is updated (maybe there are more files with expired certificates, this was just the first the log mentioned)
  • stefano222stefano222 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    wait for an official solution...thx everybody
  • MahaKapalinMahaKapalin Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    WTF? now i see im not the only one... for maybe 2 hours im trying to understand what did i do to brake it and its not my fault at all...
    WHY? now installing the software for the second time! ho god...
  • LuluViBritanniaLuluViBritannia Posts: 34
    Brain Burst
    So, does anyone have an idea about why this certificate has expired? What is this certificate for anyway?
    *Sigh* This is a pathetic situation. I love Oculus, but that's a really bad job here. Hopefully it will be fixed as soon a possible...
  • inceptionalinceptional Posts: 150
    Art3mis
    I'm getting the same issue. I tried deleting and then reinstalling the Oculus software and it's not fixed the issue. Very annoying.
  • DefbondDefbond Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Guys change the time on your computer to yesterday, it will work, i spent 2 hours trying all the reddit fixes before finding this thread, so don't waste your time.
  • MrKaruMrKaru Posts: 310 Poster of the Week
    So, does anyone have an idea about why this certificate has expired? What is this certificate for anyway?
    *Sigh* This is a pathetic situation. I love Oculus, but that's a really bad job here. Hopefully it will be fixed as soon a possible...
    It's a certificate that allows a program to run on your machine. They have to reapply every so often so that the PC knows the program is authorised to run, and not some malware that's stealing your info, deleting files outside it's parameters or anything else people wouldn't want. 

Because it's expired, our computers are essentially saying "We don't know this is safe, so we will block it to protect everything else".

At least that's what I think it is. I could be wrong. 
    Nexus 6
    Those are code signing certificates. It proves the software is from a trusted source.
  • MahaKapalinMahaKapalin Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    no idea why they did it like that... it is not logical...
    at least you know we are all on the same bout... i hope they address it soon (like yesterday)...
  • LuluViBritanniaLuluViBritannia Posts: 34
    Brain Burst
    Ok, thanks for your replies ^^. Do you happen to know who (or what) sets the expiration date? I hardly see Oculus set this so soon....
  • MikeJeffriesMikeJeffries Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Same issue here. I turn the date back and it started working but I don't see anything updating in the Oculus app. What do I do??
  • ecec Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    Someone needs to get fired for this...

Nexus 6
    edited March 7
    The certificate had a 3 year validity. It was signed at 21st of May 2015.
    It's pretty common for certificates to have an expiration of 1-3 years.