New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Cant Reach Oculus Runtime Services

Comments

• YBRayneYBRayne Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Wow, what a mess.  C'mon Oculus, please fix ASAP!
  • MikeJeffriesMikeJeffries Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    But how could Oculus miss this?

• ecec Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    Mace404 said:
    The certificate had a 3 year validity. It was signed at 21st of May 2015.
    It's pretty common for certificates to have an expiration of 1-3 years.

Yeah but it's terrible management that lets it expire without pushing out a new cert prior to expiration.
  • marcosevera92marcosevera92 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Anche io stesso problema purtroppo ho disinstallato oculus e ora lo sto riscaricando .
    se metto 24 ore indietro dovrebbe andare di nuovo , ma una volta che il sistema arriva alle ore 13 del 7 marzo avremo di nuovo il problema?
  • MrFraggleMrFraggle Posts: 39
    NerveGear
    Not much point in my system date being a week behind then? Though I did set up Steam VR.
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 2,995 Valuable Player
    ec said:
    Someone needs to get fired for this...

jesus christ get some perspective (wo)man!

asking for someone to lose their job over an oversight which WILL be fixed in a few hrs.. wow!.

(I agree it is poor form and embarrasing but come on... its not like this software is controlling a life support system in a hospital!)
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
  • SemyBaxxSemyBaxx Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Same ... greetings from germany 
  • toastyghostytoastyghosty Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    same just spent hours re-installing before reading this.
  • SemyBaxxSemyBaxx Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Mace404 said:
    Press start/Windows key and type: cmd - right click that and start as administrator
    In the new window type: time
    Enter the desired time, for example 03:00 (just anything below 13:00 is fine)
    Restart the Oculus software by executing the following commands in the same cmd window.
    net stop OVRService
    net start OVRService

Then start the oculus client by running %OCULUSBASE%\Support\oculus-client\OculusClient.exe

Just let my Oculus software update and the OculusAppFramework.dll file has a new certificate, so after that you can set the time back to normal.
    (you can run the command "w32tm /resync"  to trigger windows to update the time with a time server automatically)
    IS WORKING FOR ME
  • LinusOnTheGoLinusOnTheGo Posts: 26
    Brain Burst
    Changing the time just let me open up Oculus, but the headset is "dead", totally black and I can't trigger it too work.
    It would be nice if someone from Oculus could just comment so we know that someone is working on this and give us a hint about how long it will take to get a proper fix?
  • sistemateamsistemateam Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    same problem ... greetings from Italy
  • ecec Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    ec said:
    Someone needs to get fired for this...

jesus christ get some perspective (wo)man!

asking for someone to lose their job over an oversight which WILL be fixed in a few hrs.. wow!.

(I agree it is poor form and embarrasing but come on... its not like this software is controlling a life support system in a hospital!)
    If you want to run a winning business and you are trying to establish yourself as the dominant VR system (with up and coming competition), its a really bad oversight. Depending on the speed of resolution and how its handled (e.g. pushed out to the majority of the userbase without them even knowing its down) but if this gets press and persists/causes issues for a large number of users, you can bet the overlords at facebook will have someone's head.
  • Darkshutter98Darkshutter98 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Same problem for me. Let's get this issue fixed, Oculus!
    Brain Burst
    Anyone else has this problem that the headset is totally black? Even if you try the "turn back time-fix"?
  • pbutcherpbutcher Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    I thought this was just me...

And during the week I'm running a VR research study... Very annoyed.
    Brain Burst
    This is kinda interesting also. Don't know if this has anything to do with the particular problem do.
    https://segmentnext.com/2018/03/07/nvidia-388-59-driver-oculus-rift/
    Oculus is warning users regarding the Nvidia 388.59 driver update that comes with a black screen of death issue on the Oculus Rift. Some users have been facing this issue when the PC is turned back on from the sleep mode. If you are facing this then this is not a hardware issue but an Nvidia 388.59 driver problem.
    But it's a mix of the problem I have. Black Screen (but I don't use that drive). And the "pop-up" error when I start.
    NerveGear
    This is kinda interesting also. Don't know if this has anything to do with the particular problem do.
    Oculus is warning users regarding the Nvidia 388.59 driver update that comes with a black screen of death issue on the Oculus Rift. Some users have been facing this issue when the PC is turned back on from the sleep mode. If you are facing this then this is not a hardware issue but an Nvidia 388.59 driver problem.
    But it's a mix of the problem I have. Black Screen (but I don't use that drive). And the "pop-up" error when I start.
    There are too many people reporting the same issue at the same time for this to be the case, surely?
  • marcocorrieromarcocorriero Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Same issue with me, expired dll.... 
  • MrFraggleMrFraggle Posts: 39
    NerveGear
    I have just opened the app and I am installing a game, I have no idea why it is working though I did go back a week and play about.
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 10,773 Power Poster

Someone at Oculus needs to contact DigiCert and have them issue a new certificate. Then they can run the script to publish it to the server(s) so that the OH Client sees it.

I'd give it a good 4-6 hours from now.

Everyone quickly go play your favorite 2D game while we wait!
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
    Brain Burst
    pbutcher said:
    There are too many people reporting the same issue at the same time for this to be the case, surely?
    Yeah, I hope that is the case.

But see it as a heads-up if they fix this so you don't break your headset after the fix doe the NVIDIA update :wink:
  • CeeMeepCeeMeep Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Setting the system clock worked here too.  Very poor solution as I'm developing an app on Oculus and need to access my source control which creates a lot of mess when the system clock is set back. ;) 

Greetings form Norway
  • mhuellmhuell Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    SemyBaxx said:
    Mace404 said:
    Press start/Windows key and type: cmd - right click that and start as administrator
    Restart the Oculus software by executing the following commands in the same cmd window.
    net stop OVRService
    net start OVRService

Then start the oculus client by running %OCULUSBASE%\Support\oculus-client\OculusClient.exe

Just let my Oculus software update and the OculusAppFramework.dll file has a new certificate, so after that you can set the time back to normal.
    (you can run the command "w32tm /resync"  to trigger windows to update the time with a time server automatically)
    IS WORKING FOR ME
    Hi did you checked the certificate? I‘ve had no changes there. Same expiring date as before.
    NerveGear
    pbutcher said:
    Yeah, I hope that is the case.

But see it as a heads-up if they fix this so you don't break your headset after the fix doe the NVIDIA update :wink:

Yeah, I doubled checked my driver version, I haven't updated to the latest version anyway, so thanks for the heads-up!
  • SnoeySnoey Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Yeah, it will be few hours indeed Zenbane.
    For anyone out there that demands a response for Oculus support, please be patient. It's barely 8AM for them, they barely started their workday to see the world burn.

But let's not forget Facebook is a gigantic company and such error should not have took place. It's shutting down acces to Oculus for everyone global-wide, so we'd better see someone from the Dev Team make a proper response for it.
  • constantin.mireaconstantin.mirea Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Getting the same problem, after reinstalling drivers and oculus software multiple times, i changed the date and it works. Oculus should really release a fix straight away
  • ArturCMArturCM Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited March 7
    What a shame to know the reason of the problem after 2 hours trying to resolve by myself.
  • ShehowShehow Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    This worked for me but if i change the time back it wont launch again.
  • mckay1717mckay1717 Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    Mace404 said:
    net stop OVRService
    net start OVRService

Dont worked for me :(

Oculus started but no updates.. after restart and time change back, same again