New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Cant Reach Oculus Runtime Services

Comments

• TheTrueSoldierTheTrueSoldier Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Just thought I would add to this literal shit storm of reports and pissed off people. Cheers guys! Hope Oculus can salvage this, im beginning to lose my patience as well.
  • EtsijaEtsija Posts: 16
    NerveGear
    Be patient guys and girls, they will fix this.  I myself won't start fiddling with my system time, that'll potentially screw up a lot of other things.
  • Henri1970Henri1970 Posts: 80
    Hiro Protagonist
    heh....only have a few hours time. tried figuring it out and set the clock back to yesterday, it worked but then set the time to auto update and the whole thing crashed. the headset won' t start anymore. redownloading the software. i have two hours left in which i can get into VR which is not a lot. Whatever happened to the support chat? I can only make a ticket which will be answered in 1 or 2 business days.
  • vanor.feadielvanor.feadiel Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Occulus should all give us a credit on their store for this trouble (whatever their cut is for the next software we purchase).
    The time we wasted trying to resolve this, before reading this post, has financial value.  Not having a response by this time during the work week is lame for a company owned by Facebook.
  • AgentOrangeJuiceAgentOrangeJuice Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Ok, I'm starting to get really annoyed. These showstopping problems with oculus software are getting too frequent.
    How is a billion dollar company not capable to manage its certificates?! WHY THE FORK isn't there an notice on the front page of oculusvr for a mistake that basically prevents its whole userbase from using their product?!
    I don't want anyone to get fired because of this, what I want is for oculus to stop to tinker about with its VR home crap before even their base software works reliable. Here is a crazy idea, get the base software out of beta and then slap some crappy 3d homescreen on that nobody will ever use.
  • delmonti007delmonti007 Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    I have to say, what a shower of sh1te Oculus software devs must be to allow this to happen AND to be silent on the matter. There's obviously not a single 'manger' from Oculus with the nownce or bollocks to at least put out a public-wide acknowledgement about this issue. If this can happen, imagine what else they cant be arsed with.
  • BaldorenBaldoren Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    edited March 7
    At least the users are updating everyone.. 
  • SnoeySnoey Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    This post was made 3 hours ago and alerady 6k views  :D

• FatzDomingoFatzDomingo Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    well, reinstalling software doesn't work either! There was a problem please reboot and start again......... 
  • FlyingDoodleFlyingDoodle Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    Misery loves company. I thought I was alone. Not really happy with Oculist support, think they could post a heads up or something to let customers know what's happening
  • marco.lao.wumarco.lao.wu Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    same problem ... greetings from Taiwan
  • AymitoAymito Posts: 38
    Brain Burst
    I have been trying to get my rift working today and I was searching for a fix for this same problem massage , until I found this post .....what happened ...??
  • LinusOnTheGoLinusOnTheGo Posts: 26
    Brain Burst
    I was experimenting with a Dropbox-solution for my virtual reality files, and at this moment the software broke. I troubleshoot it for a couple of hours and thought I broke it before I found this thread. 
  • LuluViBritanniaLuluViBritannia Posts: 122
    Art3mis
    edited March 7
    I have to say, what a shower of sh1te Oculus software devs must be to allow this to happen AND to be silent on the matter. There's obviously not a single 'manger' from Oculus with the nownce or bollocks to at least put out a public-wide acknowledgement about this issue. If this can happen, imagine what else they cant be arsed with.
    In California, the working day hasn't even started. How do you expect them to answer when they're not even working? Basically the company was closed when the problem occured, so as it was stated, let's be patient.
    We are right to be pissed off by the problem, not by the fact that they didn't reply yet.
    RIP My previous VR face :

My current config : HP Omen laptop, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5-7300 HD @2.5GHz + Nvidia GTX 1050 (2GB VRAM).
    Owner of an Oculus DK2 and an Oculus CV1.
    Currently plays on :

- Beat Saber.
    - Windlands.
    - Skyrim VR.

I use VR for :
    - Games.
    - Art Software (Tilt Brush, Oculus Medium, Mocu Mocu Dance).
    - Cinema VR (Oculus Desktop in Google Earth or Skyrim, or Virtual Desktop).
  • DemimageDemimage Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Oh well... Back to Blizzard then!!
  • SergeEXESergeEXE Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Clock-fix worked for me. This is a stupid problem. I agree that this should have been taken care of before the certificate expired.
  • KelliosKellios Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Developer here - we are borked until this is fixed. GDC is coming up, and this is very poor timing for this to be going down. Hope it can be resolved soon.
  • MattLaverickMattLaverick Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    I think they're based in California, so it's barely 7.30am
    NerveGear
    Of course you could Log a Support ticket about the issue, sometimes if the company is consisted of a realm of bad management the only thing they respond to is 'Numbers', so if enough of us log a ticket, something may be done.

Log a ticket here: https://tickets.oculusvr.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Lets see..
  • DTHDTH Posts: 170
    Art3mis
    For those of you who would like to know the time in CA.  it is 7:37 am so they are waking up to a nightmare.  Unless there like me and my day starts at 3:30 am Pac. Time.
  • mvdhoevenmvdhoeven Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    We're living in a 24/7 society so there should be 24/7 support
  • MattStar1980MattStar1980 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Baldoren said:
    I understand there is a problem.. Problems happen, certificates expire. However updating the community does not require an update, a certification, or anything else. The fact that there is no twitter update, no facebook update, and not one response here from Oculus is what I’m unhappy about. Now the general population has been trained to reinstall, reboot, restart and waste an hour to 2 hours trying to see what we did wrong when all they have to do is say we are aware of the issue and working on it.

If your going to go cheap on your support by keeping it all digital then USE THE DIGITAL SUPPORT! 
    Yep
  • funilabfunilab Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    'glad' to see this is a global issue, I wasted like 2 hours trying all sort of thing before finding this topic. quite embarassing 
  • Sax-a-boomSax-a-boom Posts: 731 Poster of the Week
    In California, the working day hasn't even started. How do you expect them to answer when they're not even working? Basically the company was closed when the problem occured, so as it was stated, let's be patient.
    We are right to be pissed off by the problem, not by the fact that they didn't reply yet.
    With all the fanfare from Facebook about $100s millions spent on software titles, seemingly unlimited resources to develop cutting edge hardware for the next generation, including large teams in different fields, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect them to fund at least a skeleton support team beyond the 9-5 working hours, ready to react to any emergencies such as this. The cost would be a spit in the ocean in the scheme of things. There are companies a tiny fraction of 1% of the size of Facebook who provide 24 hour cover.

Defending them by saying it's not much past 8am is frankly ludicrous!
  • FlyingDoodleFlyingDoodle Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    All they needed to do was post something to give users a "heads up".
    NerveGear
    When they sleep has nothing to do with this. They are part of a global company. Someone somewhere is being paid for out of hours support, along with managerial support. Arses need kicking.
  • pbutcherpbutcher Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    Shehow said:
    This worked for me but if i change the time back it wont launch again.
    Yeah, just leave the time in the past for now.

I'm a WebVR developer which means setting the time back doesn't completely solve the issue for me because browsers don't like it if your clock is out of sync.
  • EightBit5EightBit5 Posts: 27
    Brain Burst
    So what I'm seeing is this is purely Oculus, right? Nothing wrong on our part? I've had this error before and a re-install of the software solved it, just wanted to make sure this is purely an Oculus issue and nothing I did (when you pay $400 for something you really want to make sure it's not your fault it's not working).
  • pbutcherpbutcher Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    EightBit5 said:
    So what I'm seeing is this is purely Oculus, right? Nothing wrong on our part? I've had this error before and a re-install of the software solved it, just wanted to make sure this is purely an Oculus issue and nothing I did (when you pay $400 for something you really want to make sure it's not your fault it's not working).

Correct, this issue is out of our hands.