New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Cant Reach Oculus Runtime Services

Comments

• TorTordenTorTorden Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    Just going to throw my cry among the rest!

HELP!!!! 

I'm already going to have to contact Amazon about a replacement because one of my controllers is defected.

Really Loud Mouse Clicks and BATTERY life diminishes extremely quickly, and I've barely used it...

I hope this issue gets resolved because I just purchased a third sensor and was finally enjoying developing in VR Mode in UE4 

I'd hate to go VIVE I heard they have many software and hardware issues also and support seems to be a nightmare...

I don't need that stress 
    From all my research Vive seemed to be the better product. I only picked up the rift because it was cheap and I wanted to be sure I'd enjoy VR before investing in a Vive Pro, whenever they release it.  
    I own a vive as well, and I wouldn't trust that research much.
    On paper, yes the tracking solution seem better, and it is less prone to USB bandwidth issues.
    But build quality, and the awkwardness, steamvr has needed all this time simply to catch up in reliabillity.
    For the first months having to run full room recalibration every two hours of use was the norm.

Lensflares aren't good, but the ringing on the vive lenses are no better, besides the vive area of actual focus is significantly smaller than the rift.
    To the point now, the vive is tucked in a box and not used in a year.
    To unreliable, to wonky and honestly not swell.

Might take it out of the box now though since oculus shit the bed with this cert.
  • EpoxianEpoxian Posts: 23
    Brain Burst
    I just bought Brass Tactics and thought the installation broke something. Hm, seems I have to wait...
  • Danjo1712Danjo1712 Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    Still looking for it, but couldn´t find the "best used before ..." sticker. 
    anyone else?
  • CrokasCrokas Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    OMG I was going crazy with this about an hour until found this forum.. is this normal???? And I am new user of Oculus!! That is unacceptable... THANX for the lame fix :(
  • gpcustomgpcustom Posts: 23
    Brain Burst
    Im thinking they know all about it :# My last post asking if the company was run out of a garage is gone so someone does indeed know about the runtime issue. That being said does not sit well knowing that they can't so much as say "Gee gang we are fixing the issue as we type and all will be right as rain very soon".
    A billion dollar company you say? Hmmmmmm last time I submitted a ticket it was days before I heard from them but only 15 minutes from the game developers helping me around the log jam at OCULUS.
    Just give us some news folks. Good bad or indifferent. Just something besides the crickets in the background :*
  • yell0yell0 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    i savede op all my monney fore this...
  • pbutcherpbutcher Posts: 10
    NerveGear
    My Oculus packaging didn't include a best before... Oculus Rift, Best Before: 07/03/2018
  • INeedABetterNickINeedABetterNick Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    So mine is not working either..NOT OK PPL! fix nao...
  • Henri1970Henri1970 Posts: 98
    Hiro Protagonist
    i think this is a delayed y2k
  • Pic0oPic0o Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    edited March 8
    I thought I was losing my mind here.  Netstat output was nearly empty and that is odd since Oculus always has ports up.
    I get the same 'Cant reach oculus runtime service' on starting up VR.  I was worried as I installed Final Fantasy XV and had to clear up installed game space.
    Reinstalling came to the same result, then I saw this thread and the cert / time rollback fix.  Good lords, that is debilitating.

Trying to troubleshoot, I ran 'C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime\OVRServer_x64.exe' and got the attached error about 'Failed to validate OculusAppFramework.dll'

The time rollback did fix it, prior to the cert being fixed.  It just made web browsing get weird with past-defined time setting :p
  • EightBit5EightBit5 Posts: 27
    Brain Burst
    Still no reply from Oculus support. I really hope they reform their customer service and updates after this. Unacceptable from a large company like this.
  • Sharkster-NVRSharkster-NVR Posts: 74
    Hiro Protagonist
    Together with Oculus' inability to colaborate with Nvidia to create properly working drivers for MORE THAN HALF A YEAR now, the expiration of a DLL and a GLOBAL BLACK-OUT of their hardware is the SUPERB PINNACLE OF AMATEURISM AND INCOMPETENCE.

I wouldn't be surprised, if the entire company was run by one guy on a couch (who's still asleep, so he can't respond to the global black-out of his hardware).

RIDICULOUS!
    ERAZER X7849 Notebook - CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK - GPU: GTX 1070, 8 GB GDDR5 RAM - RAM: 32 GB (4x 8 GB DDR4 HYNIX PC4 17000 DUAL CHANNEL) - MAINBOARD: INTEL HM170
    NerveGear
    edited March 7
    Pic0o said:
    I thought I was losing my mind here.  Netstat output was nearly empty and that is odd since Oculus always has ports up.
    I get the same 'Cant reach oculus runtime service' on starting up VR.  I was worried as I installed Final Fantasy XV and had to clear up installed game space.
    Reinstalling came to the same result, then I saw this thread and the cert / time rollback fix.  Good lords, that is debilitating.

Trying to troubleshoot, I ran 'C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime\OVRServer_x64.exe' and got the attached error about 'Failed to validate OculusAppFramework.dll'

Yeah, the DLL in that error is the problem, its expiry was today, hence it is invalid.
  • FlyingDoodleFlyingDoodle Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    This is what you call growing pains! I'm only upset with the company for not posting SOMETHING to let users know they're working on it, or still in bed, or no clue,...anything...
  • SakkuraSakkura Posts: 267
    Nexus 6
    Crokas said:
    OMG I was going crazy with this about an hour until found this forum.. is this normal???? And I am new user of Oculus!! That is unacceptable... THANX for the lame fix :(
    No it's definitely not normal. First time they've had a problem like this in 2 years. Still sucks of course, even if it will probably be fixed within a day.
  • Henri1970Henri1970 Posts: 98
    Hiro Protagonist
    I wouldn't be surprised, if the entire company was run by one guy on a couch (who's still asleep, so he can't respond to the global black-out of his hardware).
    you mean Facebook dude?
  • Time4LaughterTime4Laughter Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    Turning the date back on the PC is not a good option for me, as I use it for work also. Pish poor performance Oculus.
  • STEWIE1701STEWIE1701 Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    Hallefex said:
    Just installed my rift yesterday ...welcome to the community I guess LOL ... hope this isn't a normal thing 
    lol same here dude. I just got mine yesterday as well!
    I got mine just 4 hours ago, I'm not kidding !  :'(
    when we can actually get back in, we should all friend each other for games.. we can look back and laugh at how we met... or cry... either way. :/\
  • SakkuraSakkura Posts: 267
    Nexus 6
    Together with Oculus' inability to colaborate with Nvidia to create properly working drivers for MORE THAN HALF A YEAR now, the expiration of a DLL and a GLOBAL BLACK-OUT of their hardware is the SUPERB PINNACLE OF AMATEURISM AND INCOMPETENCE.

RIDICULOUS!
    Nvidia's driver issues are Nvidia's responsibility. AMD hasn't been having those issues, so clearly the problem is not on Oculus' end.
  • Sharkster-NVRSharkster-NVR Posts: 74
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited March 7
    Jhullings said:
    This is what you call growing pains! I'm only upset with the company for not posting SOMETHING to let users know they're working on it, or still in bed, or no clue,...anything...
    Sorry, but the guy who runs Oculus from his couch is still asleep... and he had quite a few drinks last night. I guess he'll be up around noon and check whazzup on his "support forum".

Not sure if he responds before his first few coffees though, but he'll surely get back to us later this evening as his hangover goes away. So, no need to worry...
    ERAZER X7849 Notebook - CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK - GPU: GTX 1070, 8 GB GDDR5 RAM - RAM: 32 GB (4x 8 GB DDR4 HYNIX PC4 17000 DUAL CHANNEL) - MAINBOARD: INTEL HM170
  • LinusOnTheGoLinusOnTheGo Posts: 26
    Brain Burst
    It's kinda of fascinating that Oculus don't see the value in just give us a short message, informing us they are looking at the problem.
  • LinusOnTheGoLinusOnTheGo Posts: 26
    Brain Burst
    edited March 7
    Sakkura said:

RIDICULOUS!
    Nvidia's driver issues are Nvidia's responsibility. AMD hasn't been having those issues, so clearly the problem is not on Oculus' end.
    Nvidia is not well known for how the work and give support to companies around them. Sadly.

• BluecheezBluecheez Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    Changing the Time of the PC to yesterday or few hours before works as long as you don't: 

-re-sync the time to UTC
    -close and restart OculusClient.exe 
    -Reboot or shutdown with ''set Time Automatically'' in Control Panel under ''Time and Language''

By the time I found this post, I manage to re-install Oculus software 3X in the past 4 hours, This is over 15 GB of download. That's is a lot of 1 and 0. 
  • cap-18-2-2017cap-18-2-2017 Posts: 19
    NerveGear
    is there an official reply yet any fixes
  • BadDanMEBadDanME Posts: 61
    Hiro Protagonist
    cap-18- said:
    is there an official reply yet any fixes
    Nope, nothing.
  • EightBit5EightBit5 Posts: 27
    Brain Burst
    "Oculus is focused on making it possible to experience anything, anywhere through the power of virtual reality technology."

As long as it doesn't expire like the milk in your fridge.
  • MahaKapalinMahaKapalin Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    i just wish i knew before i reinstalled it for 2 times... as now i have a mess in my home menu...
    all sort of programs that should not be there...
    someone has neglected his responsibility... now we have to wait and mess around with windows clock...
    a simple message form oculus on this yesterday would have been so nice...
  • DaRealHoodyDaRealHoody Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Reseting the date seems not to work when you have just installed the game, I can start the software after changing the date and restarting, but I'm not able to run my new games
    NerveGear
    Bluecheez said:
    Changing the Time of the PC to yesterday or few hours before works as long as you don't: 

-re-sync the time to UTC
    -close and restart OculusClient.exe 
    -Reboot or shutdown with ''set Time Automatically'' in Control Panel under ''Time and Language''

By the time I found this post, I manage to re-install Oculus software 3X in the past 4 hours, This is over 15 GB of download. That's is a lot of 1 and 0. 
    I found this thread after a repair install and a reinstall, 10GB of download :smiley: