New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Cant Reach Oculus Runtime Services

Comments

• TorTordenTorTorden Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    Reseting the date seems not to work when you have just installed the game, I can start the software after changing the date and restarting, but I'm not able to run my new games
    You also need to stop and restart the running service, closing the software does not do this.
    Quickest way is to open task manager, go to the 'services' tab on the far right.
    Sort by name and find the service named "OVRService" and right click and select restart.
    Or follow the recommend mentioned elsewhere.
  • LinusOnTheGoLinusOnTheGo Posts: 26
    Brain Burst
    edited March 7

• mikenewellmikenewell Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Setting date back got me working without issue. I would hope this very quickly resolved. This has to be causing a pretty good scramble to happen. Embarrassing for Oculus.
  • HallefexHallefex Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    Hallefex said:
    Just installed my rift yesterday ...welcome to the community I guess LOL ... hope this isn't a normal thing 
    lol same here dude. I just got mine yesterday as well!
    I got mine just 4 hours ago, I'm not kidding !  :'(
    when we can actually get back in, we should all friend each other for games.. we can look back and laugh at how we met... or cry... either way. :/\
    Agreed. Hard to get my first Oculus experience on a support forum.  :|
  • Time4LaughterTime4Laughter Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    I went back a month folks. and it's working ok. But will need to get date back to present. Any idea when this will be sorted at their end?
  • THe_Bloo_GodTHe_Bloo_God Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    OCULUS WTF
  • AymitoAymito Posts: 40
    Brain Burst
    can anyone in the U.S give them a call or something or contact the facebook 9111 .... o:)
  • WildtWildt Posts: 1,454 Poster of the Week
    Asus Z370-A ||  Watercooled 8700K || 16 GB gSkill ram 3200 || Samsung SSD 840PRO 256GB + 850PRO 256GB + 850EVO 500GB || Watercooled FE Geforce 1080ti || Zalman Reserator XT watercooler || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3 || Asus ROG PG279Q  G-sync monitor
  • MahaKapalinMahaKapalin Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    its funny how in the facebook page it says "always open"
  • FlyingDoodleFlyingDoodle Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    Are we having fun yet!
  • LinusOnTheGoLinusOnTheGo Posts: 26
    Brain Burst
    Please!
    Don't use the "fix" and turn back the date on your PC. You will create more problems than you already have.
    Wait for a stable official solution from Oculus.
  • GrumpleStilskinGrumpleStilskin Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    DO NOT CHANGE YOUR CLOCK IF YOU HAVE WINDOWS 10!!!!

This is a brilliant way to mess up your other installations and will cause you further problems, headaches and anger. DO NOT DO IT.

Oculus has responded in the Reddit thread that they are now working on the issue. I don't care if you chew them the hell out or what, just DONT CHANGE YOUR SYSTEM TIME.
  • mrgrazmrgraz Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I put my computer back a few days and restarted the service in the service management console and now it it working.  See this news link also  https://www.vrfocus.com/2018/03/is-your-oculus-rift-currently-not-working-this-might-be-the-reason-why/
  • mark_jeffmark_jeff Posts: 23
    Brain Burst
    it would seem that oculus has forgotten us all they have taken our money and dumped us .well thats what it feals like .i also got cant connect to runtime server error.so like someone suggested reinstall so i tried and nope that also dont work .ive messaged surport for help but as this company in the past has proven it one person on on keyboard for us all .and ill be lucky to get a reply this year .with that in mind being so angry.does anyone want to buy a second hand unit with 3 sensors and software that dont work   
  • Henri1970Henri1970 Posts: 98
    Hiro Protagonist
    It’s pretty bad timing considering the Rift has now overtaken the HTC Vive on the Steam Hardware page.
  • twitchikbigfood1twitchikbigfood1 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    when u just got a oculus cus every one said its great to play with but your first day is right away on the forum cus it doesnt work great this ...........
  • rupertrupert Posts: 39
    Brain Burst
    If the Runtime Service won't start, how is it going to download the fix?
  • MyBrideMyBride Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Whenever I am playing a game and I encounter an error, or a server crash, I find nothing. This community is so insanely quick at reporting this sheez. **Claps** Resetting Time since im on Windows 7 ;)
  • GromcladGromclad Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Not only did you guys screw up bigtime by letting a DLL cert expire, it's also been hours for many users unable to use their hardware with no official word from Oculus! Not even a "hey guys we are aware of the problem are working to fix it" Your customers are PISSED. Extremely unprofessional for such a large corporation with such a large user base. Enjoy that brief takeover of marketshare over Vive because people aren't going to forget this or the way you handled it.
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,258 Volunteer Moderator
    rupert said:
    Lol, good question :/
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • MyBrideMyBride Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I used to manipulate time based games using this same method. 
  • DaRealHoodyDaRealHoody Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    TorTorden said:
    Reseting the date seems not to work when you have just installed the game, I can start the software after changing the date and restarting, but I'm not able to run my new games
    You also need to stop and restart the running service, closing the software does not do this.
    Quickest way is to open task manager, go to the 'services' tab on the far right.
    Sort by name and find the service named "OVRService" and right click and select restart.
    Or follow the recommend mentioned elsewhere.
    Thanks, but if you installed a game yesterday evening, it works if you set the time to after the time of the installation, otherwise you get an error
  • twitchikbigfood1twitchikbigfood1 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    thats damm sure Gromclad vive would have the balls to say sorry guys where doing our best to fix it 
  • HughMadBroHughMadBro Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    This is really sad...
    as many people here (surprisingly) I bought my oculus yesterday aswell  :s
    I was able to convince my supervisor at work to leave a bit earlier because i wanted to tinker around and get involved.
    I hope I dont have to reinstall the software since it takes atleast 2 hours for me to download it..
    Atleast I think this post: 

STEWIE1701 said:
    Hallefex said:
    Just installed my rift yesterday ...welcome to the community I guess LOL ... hope this isn't a normal thing 
    lol same here dude. I just got mine yesterday as well!
    I got mine just 4 hours ago, I'm not kidding !  :'(
    when we can actually get back in, we should all friend each other for games.. we can look back and laugh at how we met... or cry... either way. :/\

could be the start of a good story :smiley:

• onemoreblueonemoreblue Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    rupert said:
    Soon as the cert is fixed it should update as normal. 
  • bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 3,336 Valuable Player
    Henri1970 said:
    It’s pretty bad timing considering the Rift has now overtaken the HTC Vive on the Steam Hardware page.
    will reversing your clock put the vive back in the lead ;)
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
  • Mace404Mace404 Posts: 208
    Nexus 6
    rupert said:
    Lol, good question :/
    Through the online installer - doing a repair.
  • Time4LaughterTime4Laughter Posts: 13
    NerveGear
    Setting date back doesn't work. Headset and sensors etc don't work. I now get a hardware error when reconfiguring rift devices. Not happy...