New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Cant Reach Oculus Runtime Services

Comments

• vyrumvyrum Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Well fix is to reset clock on your system 2 days back or something since it's an expired certificate. Needs a new one from Oculus.
    Really? Oh man oO
  • BoneboysBoneboys Posts: 68
    Hiro Protagonist
    Call teh Cops !
    Get a Grasp, get a Grip, get Rifting.
  • Sharkster-NVRSharkster-NVR Posts: 74
    Hiro Protagonist
    Oculus has responded in the Reddit thread that they are now working on the issue. I don't care if you chew them the hell out or what, just DONT CHANGE YOUR SYSTEM TIME.
    So Reddit is the place to be.... not the official support forum.  Makes perfect sense.
    Did you ever get useful official support on the "Official Support Forum" so far?
    ERAZER X7849 Notebook - CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK - GPU: GTX 1070, 8 GB GDDR5 RAM - RAM: 32 GB (4x 8 GB DDR4 HYNIX PC4 17000 DUAL CHANNEL) - MAINBOARD: INTEL HM170
  • vyrumvyrum Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    vyrum said:
    Well fix is to reset clock on your system 2 days back or something since it's an expired certificate. Needs a new one from Oculus.
    Really? Oh man oO
    Yup... works Oo

• fran.danielifran.danieli Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Thx... set my time to 5/3/2018 and works for me :smile:
  • FalschfahrerFalschfahrer Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Team America ... Fuck Yeah  :# o:)

• Lolzdude64Lolzdude64 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    vyrum said:
    vyrum said:
    Really? Oh man oO
    Yup... works Oo

You really shouldn't mess with the time on your computer... It'll mess with software installation and create more problems. Just wait for Oculus to release a fix.
  • Lolzdude64Lolzdude64 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    edited March 7
    Please, everyone, stop changing the times on the computer. You think its helping but that's just temporary. You'll create more long term problems with software. Just be patient and wait for a fix.
  • BlackPixel_BlackPixel_ Posts: 45
    Brain Burst
    How does changing the time on your computer cause problems... That's BS...  
    MSI X99 GODLIKE Board / Intel Core i7-6900K / 32GB Extreme DDR4 2400MHz Memory / GTX 1080 Founders / 

• Godislove4uGodislove4u Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Thanks for the solution of setting the time back.I tried everything and that fixed it.Will it stop working again when it reaches the date that the certificate ranout? Praise Jesus!
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,341 Volunteer Moderator
    Oculus has responded in the Reddit thread that they are now working on the issue. I don't care if you chew them the hell out or what, just DONT CHANGE YOUR SYSTEM TIME.
    So Reddit is the place to be.... not the official support forum.  Makes perfect sense.
    Did you ever get useful official support on the "Official Support Forum" so far?
    This forum is mostly run by the community and volunteers. 
    Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)
  • andreas.sihmandreas.sihm Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Omg damn. Instant return. Got my Rift yesterday.
  • JoiTheDarkJoiTheDark Posts: 3
    NerveGear

Use RunAsDate to start Oculus/Support/oculus-runtime/OVRServer_x64 instead of fucking around with your system Time/Date settings.

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/run_as_date.html

• WunderbearWunderbear Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    how do you reset clock back?

Go to settings and do it from there. You have to turn off automatic.

• greycoat1980greycoat1980 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    This is an absolute joke. Rookie stuff. Setting time back worked for me too. Hours wasted diagnosing this before I came here.
  • dburnedburne Posts: 1,581
    Project 2501
    Omg damn. Instant return. Got my Rift yesterday.

I wouldn't,  you would be missing out. Have had my Rift over a year and love it - first time I have seen anything like this. I am sure a fix will be out soon, not the end of the world - at least to me...
    Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB | I7 [email protected] GHz | EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |16GB Corsair Platinum 2133MHz | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals |
  • VR-OCALAVR-OCALA Posts: 467
    Trinity
    Jhullings said:
    Aliantha said:
    You serious gamers have no excuse now to not get a shower and maybe go look at the sun!
    I kid, I kid

It's only been 1 month without a shower so I still have weeks to go before taking one. Thanks for the advice (i'm kidding)
    About which part?
  • ShibShib Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    feel bad for all those people attempting to use the rift for the first time and they get this runtime error. Oculus needs to fix this ASAP. literally all hands on deck. There also needs to be a 'Zuck Review' over this. 
  • PapaCraigPapaCraig Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    You suck Oculus
  • whartsellwhartsell Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited March 7
    How does changing the time on your computer cause problems... That's BS...  
    you are kidding right?  There are many things that can go wrong.  For example...how does your email client handle a reply sent before the original email?  how does an updater handle a check for updates when updates have been applied in the "Future"....pretty much all sessions are most likely to  expire and could not be renewed till after the "future" sessions expiration time,etc...ITs not worth it

Are you willing to trust that every piece of software you use has been tested for this scenario?

• PapaCraigPapaCraig Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    This is typical of Oculus.... They take your money and shove disappointment up your ass.  I've gone through two headsets.  First time audio failed and getting black outs...  They replaced but only gave a 90 day guarantee on the replacement.  Guess what... shortly after the 90 days audio failed again, also blackouts.  Replaced the HDMI cable at my own expense because the sent my new headset with a crinkled cable.  I view their quality control as lower than whale dung...you can't get any lower than the bottom of the ocean.  I have regretted my purchase for a long time now, which is really shame because I am a 64 yo retiree and thought I found a great past time (never gamed before now) but, because of the constant nightmare of dealing with the joke they call "support" it is starting to turn me off on VR.    Do this, do that, send logs, send pictures, bend over some more so we can shove it in deeper.  I feel like I've been economically raped!!!!     They got my money...they don't care what happens afterwards   Great Job Oculus!!!!  You've pissed off a lot more people now!  I knew this would happen.                       
  • DeletrodDeletrod Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Doesn't work again??
  • DarkByDesignDarkByDesign Posts: 1
    NerveGear

Use RunAsDate to start Oculus/Support/oculus-runtime/OVRServer_x64 instead of fucking around with your system Time/Date settings.

Can't seem to get this to work still comes up with the same error
  • DillonRobinsonDillonRobinson Posts: 167
    Hiro Protagonist
    Just wanted to log in to my 5 year old defunct account to remind people that THIS is why I'm happy I sold my Rift and bought a Vive. I've been here since the beginning. Since early 2013. I've had all the dev kits. I've watched this grow from near inception. And it's sad to see how far Oculus has fallen. Inferior software environment, inferior tech, inferior company values, inferior software engineers. Buy a Vive people. This doesn't happen on Vives.
  • Mace404Mace404 Posts: 208
    Nexus 6

Can't seem to get this to work still comes up with the same error
    Which is expected because the check on certificates is done by a different (Windows) process. That is running at the normal time.
  • Legion495Legion495 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Luckily setting the time in Windows lets us get into home.
  • Henri1970Henri1970 Posts: 99
    Hiro Protagonist
    Well in my corner of the world the time I had today to use the rift has run out. Have to earn some crust tomorrow. I am a huge Oculus Medium fan. This is not cool.
  • MichaelboltonMichaelbolton Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    edited March 7
    Hi! I'm a microsoft certified systems engineer. DO NOT CHANGE YOUR COMPUTERS CLOCK! You will cause problems. everything you do on your computer depends on the clock being set correctly because that's how security certificates work. Do you see how oculus fails to work this morning, and you fixed it by going back in time on your system clock? Well that also means every single other app and device on your computer now has the wrong time and may act erratically. It's really not a hard concept people. There will be some morons replying to this with "IT WORKED FINE FOR ME", don't be one of those morons.You will have trouble with logs and drivers and updates and browsing and network auth and etc etc etc.

use the nirsoft app to change the clock for JUST oculus if you want, but please stop changing your system clock.
  • FlyingDoodleFlyingDoodle Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    I've had Oculus for 4 months and very happy user. Today is a bump that shouldn't have happened but it did, hopefully they learn from this and make things better in the future.  I've had or got NO issues with Oculus Riff