cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Runtime Services - Current Status

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
We are aware of and actively investigating an issue impacting ability to access Rift software. Our teams apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing you and appreciate your patience while we work on a resolution. We'll share more updates here as we have them. Thanks.

Update:
Hey everyone - This is an issue with our software certification that we're still actively working on. For security, we use a certificate to ensure that the software you receive actually comes from Oculus. That certificate has expired, and we're looking at a few different ways to resolve the issue. We’ll update you with the latest info as available. We recommend you wait until we provide an official fix. Thanks for your patience.

Update #2:
Hey everyone - We're still working hard to resolve the cert issue. We're in the process of integrating an updated cert. Unfortunately, pushing the update out to affected users has some added complexity, as the expired cert blocks our standard software update path. We're working through the options now, and we expect to have more details to share later this evening.

Update #3:

Hey all - thank for your patience. We now have an Oculus software update in place that fixes the issue where Rift may fail to start up. For more info and instructions, please go here: https://support.oculus.com/217157135500529/

Thank you once again for your patience.

Update #4:
Each Rift user impacted by last week's issue and eligible for our $15 Oculus Store credit (or currency equivalent) will see that hit their account within the next few hours. Not sure where to find your credit? Check out this support article: https://support.oculus.com/176820559444065/ ;

If you don't receive store credit but believe you qualified (used the Oculus desktop app on Rift between 2/1/18 and 3/8/18 -- after further consideration we extended the window by a day to account for potential new Rift owners), please contact support: https://support.oculus.com/885981024820727/
2,249 REPLIES 2,249

WolfyVR
Honored Guest
oculus working when I put 3:am on windows ! if it can help you ^^

Anonymous
Not applicable
This issue could've been resolved hours ago. PLEASE make 24/7 customer service if you're gonna be a GLOBAL company!!!!!!

Goetre
Explorer
Thanks for update, been driving me nuts all day and the live chat peeps were scratching their heads over this as well xD 

Darklorduk
Explorer
its a joke oculus really need to get a better means of ppl customer service  as submitting a ticket takes for ever to even get a reply like everyone else ive been going made even to the point of asking for a full refund of my £750 pound i paid the day before the price drop .thanks for telling us so late in the day it would had been so much nicer for us all if you wrote it as soon as the problem had been reported but hopefully oculus had noticed long before the first complaint .
could i suggest oculus invests in something like discord for a means of support .
or even live chat .silly me for thinking that lol

oldbikergit
Explorer
Drumming my fingers waiting.

oldbikergit
Explorer
Hope this is not part of the trade war.

Elden97
Honored Guest
First day for my Rift and the service is down, RIP my 450€ , hope you fix that

Demimage
Explorer
dont spam here plz.. were all in the same boat.. they will post here when they know more..

Satorius
Explorer
I fix mine Oculus Rift.  Just need to back up the date/time on your computer.  As per example I change mine to March 1st 2018.  Restart the computer and it should work again 🙂  Satorius
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?