New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

Oculus Runtime Services - Current Status

Comments

• EightBit5EightBit5 Posts: 27
    Brain Burst
    Messaged Oculus on Twitter let's see if they respond or block me  :p :p :p
  • BrixmisBrixmis Posts: 1,974
    Project 2501
    I'm bored...

• kRAyZZedkRAyZZed Posts: 35
    Brain Burst
    EightBit5 said:
    Messaged Oculus on Twitter let's see if they respond or block me  :p :p :p
    I guess it depends what kinda pictures you were sending them 
  • FakeringFakering Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    they are in a timezone where they haven't had to change the time zone to play 
  • mark_jeffmark_jeff Posts: 23
    Brain Burst
    61.5k views and still no more news .ive already tried twitter .
  • AKreskaAKreska Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    isn't it all beta therefore...
  • francesco_2013francesco_2013 Posts: 33
    Brain Burst
    The "funny" thing is that Facebook has no way to fix this the code and the libs are signed with that certificate that expired. Either they release a new version or there is nothing they can do about it. The IT of Facebook ahahah let a certificate used by all their users worldwide expire LOL. I am afraid it would take more than today before having them fix this. I can imagine someone has lost his job for sure because of this. Never ever let your certificates expire. Basic system administration.  
  • mark_jeffmark_jeff Posts: 23
    Brain Burst
    ggrant228 said:
    I tried the 'time' workaround.  Doesn't work?  Anyone else.  Sorry if this has been asked, but 15 pages...

no it dont work and dont try and reinstall as it runs on same servers so not only cant we play nore can the new ppl that just purchased install the setup.ive sent it to our new station to see if they will do a report on it as its all over the place not just one country so ppl say 
  • iambatman62iambatman62 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I' trying to remain calm i really am but whe I just invested 1600 into a vr ready pc and a rift 3 days ago and have this happen i believe I have the right to be a little pissed off
  • dave.atkinson.1612dave.atkinson.1612 Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    Well, the missus is taking point with the baby tonight, and I'm working my way through some Guinness and a bottle of wine.. I'll be in no fit state to set up Oculus, even if I could..

On a side note  I'm a bit concerned about the "sickness" is that a thing in VR? 

I had a bit of that when first started, your brain acclimates after a while.
    Just don't go into any heavy stuff from the start and ease yourself into it.
    OK, thanks . I must admit, I'm pretty excited to try the Oculus. The last time I was this excited about gaming was 1998, getting a PS1 for my birthday. 
  • Manhunt0rManhunt0r Posts: 18
    NerveGear
    AKreska said:
    isn't it all beta therefore...
    therefore fucknuggets are forgiven for not renewing a cert in two years which results into locking out 90% of their paying customers that trusted them and bought into an unripe gadget with uncertain future for at least four if not five hundred bucks? no, im pretty sure that is not how things work, even in an alpha.
  • Ares_The_MadmanAres_The_Madman Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    Just be a little patient. It was a mistake by the company that they're working to resolve. It's an issue that has affected every rift user out there, which means it is going to take more time to get it fixed. Despite what everyone thinks, patching an issue like this isn't just going to be fixed with a click of a button. It will take some time. Spend the day doing something else, and Oculus will inform everyone when the issue is resolved.
  • Jackdaw01Jackdaw01 Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    Aliantha said:
    Relax people, they will get it fixed.  Take a walk, take a shower.  This is an inconvenience but on the scale of sh*t that goes wrong in this messed up world, this is pretty low on the chart.  
    First world problems and all that...  ;)

People get riled up over the silliest of things... 
    This is my signature.
    NerveGear
    mark_jeff said:
    ggrant228 said:
    I tried the 'time' workaround.  Doesn't work?  Anyone else.  Sorry if this has been asked, but 15 pages...

no it dont work and dont try and reinstall as it runs on same servers so not only cant we play nore can the new ppl that just purchased install the setup.ive sent it to our new station to see if they will do a report on it as its all over the place not just one country so ppl say 
    the hell you on about? i just set the time to first march for a buddy, and restarted his pc. obviously some sw like rec room didnt work since it checked date against server, but the rift sw and singleplayer games worked just fine.
  • Whytelyte86Whytelyte86 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Just be a little patient. It was a mistake by the company that they're working to resolve. It's an issue that has affected every rift user out there, which means it is going to take more time to get it fixed. Despite what everyone thinks, patching an issue like this isn't just going to be fixed with a click of a button. It will take some time. Spend the day doing something else, and Oculus will inform everyone when the issue is resolved.
    I understand that it is a mistake by the company, but still we paid our good hard earned money for a product we would like to access at any time we want. I would think a company of this size should have people in place to make sure things like this do not happen. Just my opinion.
  • WiLLuMPJuHWiLLuMPJuH Posts: 101
    Art3mis
    They better fix this before I finish my pizza !  :angry:
  • christopherbarnhousechristopherbarnhouse Posts: 261
    Nexus 6
    Yo, any you y'all got any of that VR ? I just need a little fix to get me through...
  • theporkhuntstheporkhunts Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    what about doing a date change then a system restore to the last update........havnt tried it but someone could tell me what a bad idea it is....lol
  • SkullbussaSkullbussa Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Update:
    Hey everyone - This is an issue with our software certification that we're still actively working on. For security, we use a certificate to ensure that the software you receive actually comes from Oculus. That certificate has expired, and we're looking at a few different ways to resolve the issue. We’ll update you with the latest info as available. We recommend you wait until we provide an official fix. Thanks for your patience.
    Can you guys set up a Twitter account that I can monitor rather than refreshing this forum?
  • Danjo1712Danjo1712 Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    Update:
    Hey everyone - This is an issue with our software certification that we're still actively working on. For security, we use a certificate to ensure that the software you receive actually comes from Oculus. That certificate has expired, and we're looking at a few different ways to resolve the issue. We’ll update you with the latest info as available. We recommend you wait until we provide an official fix. Thanks for your patience.
    Couldn´t you just say about the pogress? Is it worth it to wait or shall we come around next month?
    NerveGear
    what about doing a date change then a system restore to the last update........havnt tried it but someone could tell me what a bad idea it is....lol
    wat? there was no update, its just an expired cert. just setting the date to before march seventh and restarting is enough, just be aware that messing with date can result in issues with things.
  • WiLLuMPJuHWiLLuMPJuH Posts: 101
    Art3mis
    edited March 7
    Manhunt0r said:
    mark_jeff said:
    ggrant228 said:

the hell you on about? i just set the time to first march for a buddy, and restarted his pc. obviously some sw like rec room didnt work since it checked date against server, but the rift sw and singleplayer games worked just fine.
    As it has been pointed out many times before : you can 'rollback'  or fool your system by setting the date of your system in the past to get the oculus-software running again, but that bears consequences for other software that might have been recently updated or changed. 

Date changes to the system may also result ( it' s a possibility, not a liability ) into triggering virus-scanners and sorts. 

You' re, of course, not 'forbidden'  to change your system'  date, but it' s ill-advised for various reasons. 
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 12,243 Power Poster
    Greyman said:
    I haven't seen this many posts at once since the great pre-orders meltdown of 2016
    where's @Zenbane when we need him?  :)

I'm busy writing the Deployment Script for Oculus. brb
    Are you a fan of the Myst games? Check out my Mod at http://www.mystrock.com/
    Catch me on Twitter: twitter.com/zenbane
    NerveGear

Date changes to the system may also result ( it' s a possibility, not a liability ) into triggering virus-scanners and sorts. 

You' re, of course, not 'forbidden'  to change your system'  date, but it' s ill advised for various reasons. 
    obviously, but i recon we are all pc geeks here, so most should be aware of the consequences.
  • EAF_RibbonEAF_Ribbon Posts: 20
    Brain Burst
    With all the employees and money they have , how in the hell is there not a new security certificate yet? Oculus has been down for 21 hours in New Zealand. SMH
    You dont know what the issue is. You dont know if a certificiate expired is causing the issue or if a server went down because someone tripped on a powercord. Stuff like that happens

I know what the issue is!

They should not sell Hardware that requires an online connection  even when playing 3rd party games!

^^^This^^^
    If i knew this i wouldn't buy it at first place at all.
    It is like rent and subscription.
  • iambatman62iambatman62 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    So if you roll back youre date and issues occur will said issues unoccur when you change the date back