Oculus Runtime Services - Current Status - Page 56 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Runtime Services - Current Status

Comments

• HillenthHillenth Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    OH OH... wind of change
    i'm off to sleep to be rested when they are back on...
     keep on sharing the Love Ladies and Gents
    See ya in VR <3
  • NookiePLNookiePL Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    andy0189 said:
    Well heading to bed. Unfortunately won’t be able to use the rift until next Wednesday.
    Will you sleep for a week? Oh, you sleepyhead! ;) (j/k)
  • ooxxchuooxxchu Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    jkyuh said:
    This sucks... I just received my gear last night...
    Me too.....Orz...
    I received 3 hours ago...
  • GlobespyGlobespy Posts: 91
    Hiro Protagonist
    Goodnight guys! 
    Time for the best VR - my dreams! ;)
  • Firestorm185Firestorm185 Posts: 99
    Hiro Protagonist
    see ya @Hillenth
    !
    ------------------------------
    PC specs - GTX 1070 (MSI AERO); 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3; intel i5-4590, MSI motherboard (don't remember but it was a combo deal) and an EVGA Supernova 750W semi-modular.
  • andy0189andy0189 Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    NookiePL said:
    andy0189 said:
    Well heading to bed. Unfortunately won’t be able to use the rift until next Wednesday.
    Will you sleep for a week? Oh, you sleepyhead! ;) (j/k)
    I cannot live in reality any longer, I must sleep till I forget about how horrid life is without vr lol
  • VR-OCALAVR-OCALA Posts: 477
    Trinity
    andy0189 said:

Sweet dreams, sorry today was a bust for you.  have an awesome week!
    Trinity
    Hillenth said:
    OH OH... wind of change
    i'm off to sleep to be rested when they are back on...
     keep on sharing the Love Ladies and Gents
    See ya in VR <3

Sweet dreams!
  • OfficialjaysnowOfficialjaysnow Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Trinity
    Globespy said:
    Goodnight guys! 
    Time for the best VR - my dreams! ;)

Night night!
  • ArchimedesGArchimedesG Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I was looking forward to sinking the rest of my night into OrbusVR -_-
  • Ares_The_MadmanAres_The_Madman Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    To all who are asking about compensation and/or when the issue will be resolved: It's likely that the only people who might receive compensation because of this issue are people who have lost a profit, such as people who demo and sell the product. I doubt that most customers will be compensated, unless this issue continues for more than a week. It's highly likely that this issue will be resolved within the day, because getting the certificate renewed will not take very long. At this point, I'm fairly positive that Oculus is now implementing the patch into a new batch of software, which will be distributed to all customers as soon as possible.
  • ManuWolf1976ManuWolf1976 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    There is really no excuse for the length of this downtime. If this is not fixed today, I promise to switch on an HTC Vive. This is not acceptable in any way. First it shouldn't happen; communication around what is being done to fix it is more than lacunar; commit on a timeline to fix it does not exist. It's unprofessional. No customer can/should accept this treatment.
  • CmonBruhCmonBruh Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    https://www.oculus.com/rift-patch/

Patch is out! Back in the game boys!
    Trinity
    There is really no excuse for the length of this downtime. If this is not fixed today, I promise to switch on an HTC Vive. This is not acceptable in any way. First it shouldn't happen; communication around what is being done to fix it is more than lacunar; commit on a timeline to fix it does not exist. It's unprofessional. No customer can/should accept this treatment.

Considering you don't work there and don't know what is involved, you can't say there is no excuse.  I seriously doubt they want to drag this out any longer than they have to.

I completely agree the communication is lacking.

As a long time Oculus owner there is NO way I would switch to a Vive for some issue that lasted a day or 2.  That's just me.  I hope you don't feel the need to switch, but if you do I wish you happiness with your Vive and hope they never have a similar or other issue that takes time to fix.
    NerveGear
  • wmkabelawmkabela Posts: 3
    NerveGear
      In a hundred years none of us will remember this.  :p
    Trinity
    CmonBruh said:

Yay thanks!
  • KingPinAutKingPinAut Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    True or troll?
    Patch I mean
  • FastForward352FastForward352 Posts: 176
    Art3mis
    Good morning all ! ;)
    That is VERY good news ! :)

Asus X99-A MB | i7 5820K @ 3.30GHz | Asus ROG-STRIX 1080Ti | 32 Gb RAM | SSD SAMSUNG 500Go M-2 |  Samsung 40" 4K Screen | T500RS & TH8A Shifter on Wheel Stand Pro | TM Warthog & Combat Rudder Pedals | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | OCULUS RIFT CV1 - 3 Sensor roomscale setup

NerveGear

Hiro Protagonist
    True, as far as I can tell, it looks like a legit patch
    PC specs - GTX 1070 (MSI AERO); 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3; intel i5-4590, MSI motherboard (don't remember but it was a combo deal) and an EVGA Supernova 750W semi-modular.
  • CMDR.GeekCMDR.Geek Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    FFF****CK YEAHH LET'S GET THE PARTY STARTED
  • onur.pekdemironur.pekdemir Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    BTW: Did anyone notice the tags on the original post ...? :D :D
    NerveGear
    Could it be true? Is it fixed? The intensity
  • EtsijaEtsija Posts: 16
    NerveGear
    Virtually all of the EXE and DLL files from Oculus that are installed on your PC are digitally signed using the expired cert. Simply installing a new cert on your computer won't resolve the problem, as the files must be digitally signed with the new cert from Oculus. In effect, Oculus needs to recompile their EXE and DLL files using the new cert, and repackage the files in a new installer. Since the current Oculus applications that automatically update your PC cannot run since they're signed with the expired cert as well, Oculus will probably require that everyone downloads the entire installation package, unless they're able to figure something out.

Good morning from snowy and semi-cold Finland, UTC+2. Methinks that this post from @Dilemma75 should really be made as a sticky.  It brings much needed perspective into fixing the cert problem and delivering the fix for those who think this is a simple replace-one-file type of problem.
    Hiro Protagonist
    yeah, I saw em. Installing the patch now!
  • oSIHAIDOWoSIHAIDOW Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Update please. Bought the rift yesterday with three games and on my only day off this week, this happens. What the hell. The least you can do is keep your customers updated. Give us an estimated time to wait or not.
  • iJudgementiJudgement Posts: 181
    Art3mis
    CmonBruh said:

Can confirm that my software opened up after doing this patch.

They will likely update the main post soon.
    Hiro Protagonist
    Home's back up and running!