Oculus Runtime Services - Current Status - Page 57 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Runtime Services - Current Status

Comments

• Ares_The_MadmanAres_The_Madman Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    oSIHAIDOW said:
    Update please. Bought the rift yesterday with three games and on my only day off this week, this happens. What the hell. The least you can do is keep your customers updated. Give us an estimated time to wait or not.
    Look at the comments above.
  • GlaidrGlaidr Posts: 44
    Brain Burst
    Thanks a bunch Oculus team! I know your getting a lot of flack from some children on the forum. Just remember we're not all like that!

Does anyone know an eta on a fix? Hoping for before Saturday x-) 
  • AgentOrangeJuiceAgentOrangeJuice Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    Better accept that this will take time. Even when they will have an fixed version, most likely you will have to download the entire package... as will everyone else. I won't just switch to Vive (couldn't really afford doing that) but I might when the next generation of hmds comes out.
    If this was the only fuck up I would be more forgiving, but the oculus base software had and still has so many issues, that I don't really expect it to work right away. This was just the last straw.
    At the very least, I expect an detailed explanation later on what went wrong and how they will prevent this from happening again.
  • brettosbrettos Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    Now waiting for all the "oculus you are the best, thank you so much" comments!
  • sarcasma1sarcasma1 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited March 2018
    CmonBruh said:
    https://www.oculus.com/rift-patch/

Patch is out! Back in the game boys!
    Thanks DUDE!!!! I can confirm official patch works!
  • Firestorm185Firestorm185 Posts: 99
    Hiro Protagonist
    Aliantha said:
    PATCH IS UP IN CASE YOU MISSED IT

already installed it, works perfectly.

Thank you Oculus.

Now before anyone says it... give them a few hours to make a statement, they  might actually need sleep.

Thank you guys indeed! You got the lights back on, well done Oculus team!
    ------------------------------
    PC specs - GTX 1070 (MSI AERO); 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3; intel i5-4590, MSI motherboard (don't remember but it was a combo deal) and an EVGA Supernova 750W semi-modular.
  • iJudgementiJudgement Posts: 181
    Art3mis
    Aliantha said:
    PATCH IS UP IN CASE YOU MISSED IT

already installed it, works perfectly.

Thank you Oculus.

Now before anyone says it... give them a few hours to make a statement, they  might actually need sleep.

• VR-OCALAVR-OCALA Posts: 477
    Trinity
    Glaidr said:
    Thanks a bunch Oculus team! I know your getting a lot of flack from some children on the forum. Just remember we're not all like that!

it's fixed now

Trinity
    Better accept that this will take time. Even when they will have an fixed version, most likely you will have to download the entire package... as will everyone else. I won't just switch to Vive (couldn't really afford doing that) but I might when the next generation of hmds comes out.
    If this was the only fuck up I would be more forgiving, but the oculus base software had and still has so many issues, that I don't really expect it to work right away. This was just the last straw.
    At the very least, I expect an detailed explanation later on what went wrong and how they will prevent this from happening again.

It's fixed 

• Danjo1712Danjo1712 Posts: 9
    NerveGear

Linked Patch is working for me in Germany...
    Thanks Oculus...
  • AymitoAymito Posts: 41
    Brain Burst
     I choose repair ... so the patch fix the problem or I have to download all the 5 gig setup again  ?
    Hiro Protagonist
    Thanks for corraling the masses tonight @Aliantha ! You were a big help! ^^
    PC specs - GTX 1070 (MSI AERO); 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3; intel i5-4590, MSI motherboard (don't remember but it was a combo deal) and an EVGA Supernova 750W semi-modular.
  • xFINxTonixFINxToni Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Patch cannot be installed. Something wrong with the installer file and required permissions to install.
    Trinity
    brettos said:
    Now waiting for all the "oculus you are the best, thank you so much" comments!

18 months of wonderful service, 1 day of an issue... yeah they are the best.  I'll take that track record for the next 18 months if I can get it.
    Art3mis
    Aymito said:
     I choose repair ... so the patch fix the problem or I have to download all the 5 gig setup again  ?
    If you grabbed the installer for the patch from https://www.oculus.com/rift-patch/, it should only be about 55mb.
    Hiro Protagonist
    That just sounds like you don't have admin rights on your pc.
  • Ares_The_MadmanAres_The_Madman Posts: 15
    NerveGear
    xFINxToni said:
    Patch cannot be installed. Something wrong with the installer file and required permissions to install.
    Run the file as an administrator. 
    Trinity
    Aymito said:

patch fixes it then when it loads there will be an Oculus update.  Simple procedure.
    Art3mis
    xFINxToni said:
    If you have Windows 10, click the more details button, then choose to Run Anyway.
  • EtsijaEtsija Posts: 16
    NerveGear
    Yep, confirmed. It is indeed working. And the engineers did find a way of delivering it without the need to reinstall the whole software. Way to go guys.
  • Danny_ReDanny_Re Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    You guys, the patch seems legit, and its working, hope now you are happy, for me...they did a great job, we will see with the next certificate XD...cheers from italy ! https://www.oculus.com/rift-patch/
  • SabrejetSabrejet Posts: 67
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited March 2018
    xFINxToni said:
    Did you try doing that set the clock back fix?  (it might cause that.)  Also may be your antivirus.  Enter it as an exception or disable your antivirus.. make sure to unblock it or it's components if they were blocked.
  • FastForward352FastForward352 Posts: 176
    Art3mis
    Aliantha said:
    Glaidr said:

it's fixed now

Too bad you'll have to go to bed now...I am beginning a brand new day in VR here :)
    Asus X99-A MB | i7 5820K @ 3.30GHz | Asus ROG-STRIX 1080Ti | 32 Gb RAM | SSD SAMSUNG 500Go M-2 |  Samsung 40" 4K Screen | T500RS & TH8A Shifter on Wheel Stand Pro | TM Warthog & Combat Rudder Pedals | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | OCULUS RIFT CV1 - 3 Sensor roomscale setup

Hiro Protagonist
    @FastForward352
    lucky duck. XD
  • steveco99steveco99 Posts: 24
    Brain Burst
    edited March 2018
    Patch is a small file, took less than a minute to download.  Running the patch downloaded some additional software but again nothing very large - total download and installation time was only a few minutes.  Did prompt with a warning that required granting 'Run Anyway' permission.  Everything seems to be working fine now.
  • AymitoAymito Posts: 41
    Brain Burst
    Aymito said:
    If you grabbed the installer for the patch from https://www.oculus.com/rift-patch/, it should only be about 55mb.
    for me it's saying the repair oculus  ...will reinstall all your oculus software again....is this the case with this patch with you all ??
  • AlarisicoAlarisico Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Thx, just came out of bed and after a day it's fixed with update! Thanks for the hard work. What is a day waiting compared to a human life... nothing! A day waiting in Vr is hell! :-) Thanks again. 
    Hiro Protagonist
    Yeah, it's not gonna download all of it.
    Trinity
    Aliantha said:
    Glaidr said:

it's fixed now

Too bad you'll have to go to bed now...I am beginning a brand new day in VR here :)

It's ok, tomorrow I will just have to do a double session of the boxing trainer, missed my workout today.  Sleep is a good thing :-) Enjoy your VR!