Oculus Runtime Services - Current Status - Page 60 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Oculus Runtime Services - Current Status

Comments

• ShadowBladesShadowBlades Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    yeah its prob the update that happened a few days back. My setting went to 0 instead of the 1.5 i had my super sampling set to. but the beak is fixed now but apparently you will have to also update all the games as well.
  • VR-OCALAVR-OCALA Posts: 477
    Trinity
    Aymito said:
    this what I got ...so I continue with repair or what.. . ?

it won't reinstall everything, it's only like 55MB
  • weimkuhlerweimkuhler Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    Mines back up! Thank you Oculus! Back to sim racing I go!
  • AussieStigAussieStig Posts: 233
    Nexus 6
    First thing this morning wanted to check if the Oculus DK2 was still working, having set my date to March1st yesterday and it was. It then proceeded to download update 1.24 installed that and restarted itself, got the Cant reach runtime error, opened services stopped and started it and the Oculus software came back to life. Set the date back to todays date and it was working correctly after rebooting the PC.

Then.....................the patch came out...............

Ok so I downloaded the patch, AVG flagged it as suspicious, adjusted the rules to allow to it install as Admin. Got the black screen to repair. Click on that and you guessed it, the dreaded two Windows 7 KB updates are not installed message. So I could only quit that window. Started the Oculus software up and it seems to be working correctly. 

Hopefully that is that and it just works again. Cheers, AussieStig
    Trinity
    First thing this morning wanted to check if the Oculus DK2 was still working, having set my date to March1st yesterday and it was. It then proceeded to download update 1.24 installed that and restarted itself, got the Cant reach runtime error, opened services stopped and started it and the Oculus software came back to life. Set the date back to todays date and it was working correctly after rebooting the PC.

Then.....................the patch came out...............

Ok so I downloaded the patch, AVG flagged it as suspicious, adjusted the rules to allow to it install as Admin. Got the black screen to repair. Click on that and you guessed it, the dreaded two Windows 7 KB updates are not installed message. So I could only quit that window. Started the Oculus software up and it seems to be working correctly. 

Hopefully that is that and it just works again. Cheers, AussieStig

Cheers, enjoy!
  • ZombieSCU33ZombieSCU33 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    And 0 compensation? Heres an idea. Allow all Rift users to have bigger homes for all 500/500 props  how about mulitple rooms? Maybe Multiplayer. How about The Climb or Arizona Sunshine free? Something..?
    Trinity
    And 0 compensation? Heres an idea. Allow all Rift users to have bigger homes for all 500/500 props  how about mulitple rooms? Maybe Multiplayer. How about The Climb or Arizona Sunshine free? Something..?

They just got it fixed.  Let them rest, give them a day to make whatever announcement they plan to make.  Maybe no compensation, maybe something.  Too soon,  let them catch their breath.
  • JaxxehJaxxeh Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    Ok, so, the patch does work, but it screwed up the performance. I rebooted my computer, checked all the parameters, and what usually gives me a solid 90 FPS is now stuck to 40-50 FPS. Does anyone else have performance issues, or is it just me?
    Check to see if your ASW is not set to forced or something like that, because 45 FPS = 90 FPS / 2, and Asynchronous Space Warp does exactly that, cuts the native frame rate in two.
  • clemencaclemenca Posts: 28
    Brain Burst
    edited March 2018
    Patch fixed the problem, first oculus home ist patched, then oculus home starts and downloads the rest of the updates (10 parts), another home restart and oculus home is back on track...
  • JaxxehJaxxeh Posts: 9
    NerveGear
    edited March 2018
    For setting super sampling, ASW mode, plus a host of other functions, consider using this amazing little tool: https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/5okoju/oculus_tray_tool/?st=jei9ubj6&sh=24ca05ba
  • steveco99steveco99 Posts: 24
    Brain Burst
    Ok, so, the patch does work, but it screwed up the performance. I rebooted my computer, checked all the parameters, and what usually gives me a solid 90 FPS is now stuck to 40-50 FPS. Does anyone else have performance issues, or is it just me?
    After running the patch, it downloaded and installed a software update.  When I then ran Oculus Home (Core 2) and ran a game (In Death) there was a lag on loading each screen.  A few minutes later I had a pop-up notification in Home that another update was available, for which I had to click OK and remove the headset.  After that downloaded and automatically installed, the lag was gone.  Haven't checked any FPS metrics, but after the second update the general performance seems back to normal.
  • iJudgementiJudgement Posts: 181
    Art3mis
    I'd be surprised if you get anything at all, you weren't even offline for a day.

The only thing they owe you is working software, and they fixed it.

Be happy it works.
  • EtsijaEtsija Posts: 16
    NerveGear
    A new VR day just began here in eastern part of Europe. I'm curious as to how many more pages of "when will it be fixed, come on guys" comments we will get today...
    Trinity
    steveco99 said:
    After running the patch, it downloaded and installed a software update.  When I then ran Oculus Home (Core 2) and ran a game (In Death) there was a lag on loading each screen.  A few minutes later I had a pop-up notification in Home that another update was available, for which I had to click OK and remove the headset.  After that downloaded and automatically installed, the lag was gone.  Haven't checked any FPS metrics, but after the second update the general performance seems back to normal.

Isn't In Death great!  I haven't completed Purgatory 2 yet but I had my doubts about getting past 1, I seem to be getting better!
  • OmegaM4NOmegaM4N Posts: 493
    Trinity
    Issues and mistakes happen in everything, that is a given, the milk is being cleaned up at least now, BUT! this issue did one thing for me personally and that is it highlighted just how much control i have over my own hardware on my own PC and to be frank, i am somewhat disturbed to have just found out that my £400 purchase and everything with it including software can be rendered useless via one little bit of software that i had no idea has some kind of always on connection and is updating in the background unknown to me. :/
    Trinity
    Etsija said:
    A new VR day just began here in eastern part of Europe. I'm curious as to how many more pages of "when will it be fixed, come on guys" comments we will get today...

It's fixed, shouldn't be anymore.

https://www.oculus.com/rift-patch/
  • smeerwssmeerws Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Back again, thank you Oculus!
  • Bahamut88Bahamut88 Posts: 14
    NerveGear
    Had a feeling it would just be a patch lol
    NerveGear
    Isn't In Death great!  I haven't completed Purgatory 2 yet but I had my doubts about getting past 1, I seem to be getting better!
    @Aliantha, are there any spiders in the In Death game? I'm arachnophobic, so would be good to know...
  • iJudgementiJudgement Posts: 181
    Art3mis
    OmegaM4N said:
    Issues and mistakes happen in everything, that is a given, the milk is being cleaned up at least now, BUT! this issue did one thing for me personally and that is it highlighted just how much control i have over my own hardware on my own PC and to be frank, i am somewhat disturbed to have just found out that my £400 purchase and everything with it including software can be rendered useless via one little bit of software that i had no idea has some kind of always on connection and is updating in the background unknown to me. :/
    Its pretty much everything you own. Anything that has a computer can just be stopped.

You don't own anything, you bought access to it.
    Trinity
    OmegaM4N said:

It can be disturbing but it's not unique.  Apple can shut down it's Iphones as easily.  That's true in lots of areas.  Technology can be frightening.  I guess you have to have some faith in the goodwill of humanity.
    Trinity
    Etsija said:
    @Aliantha, are there any spiders in the In Death game? I'm arachnophobic, so would be good to know...

Unless they appear much later on or get added later, no... it's all humanoid things, ghostly dead things.  No spiders yet!
  • AussieStigAussieStig Posts: 233
    Nexus 6
    edited March 2018
    Can someone please confirm the update number of the subsequent update post repair? My Oculus software updated to 1.24 this morning. I would like to know if that is the latest one or are there more coming, considering the patch did not work for me as I am running Windows 7 which has the KB updates issue. Fixed with cmd prompt to skip that check  though, Cheers AussieStig
    NerveGear
    Phew! Thanks for the info. Will put that to my VR-games-to-buy list.
  • nipzonnipzon Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Windows 10 , ran patch, repair and update. working ok

Trinity
    Can someone please confirm the update number of the subsequent update post repair? My Oculus software updated to 1.24 this morning. I would like to know if that is the latest one or are there more coming, considering the patch did not work for me as I am running Windows 7 which ahs the KB updates issue. Fixed with cmd prompt to skip that check  though, Cheers AussieStig

I can't confirm the number maybe someone else can.  Like you I was updating this morning when it had the issue.  When you run the patch Oculus Home will start and then will do an update, pretty sure it's the one from this morning that did not complete.
    Trinity
    Etsija said:
    Phew! Thanks for the info. Will put that to my VR-games-to-buy list.

Must have game, it's really fun and challenging.
  • steveco99steveco99 Posts: 24
    Brain Burst
    Aliantha said:
    steveco99 said:

Yes, it took me quite a while to get past Anakim into Purgatory 2.  Love the graphics and the movement mechanics in this game - definitely a current favorite, good to see how the developers are stepping up their game ... :)
  • AymitoAymito Posts: 41
    Brain Burst
    This March patch 2018 will have to go to the Oculus VR museum or something ... o:)
    NerveGear
    As a side note, I've been hugely entertained by this discussion while waiting for the fix (well, did get a good night's sleep in between).  Nice to know the Oculus community is actually alive and kicking. This whole incident probably brought a huge boost to forum activity!