TILT BRUSH SPECIFIC — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

TILT BRUSH SPECIFIC

mdartistemdartiste Posts: 4
NerveGear

I am an artist who purchased the Oculus Rift for the purpose of using Google's Tilt Brush and any other creative app available to the Rift. When I first got the system up and running I was totally blown away and found myself spending hours in Tilt Brush. Now aside from the ocassional system crash typical of running Windows I was quite pleased. However, over time I noticed Tilt Brush taking a long time loading the program. The work I was doing was quite intense such as building an entire tropical island with trees, plants, pebbled roads, with lakes and ponds with mist and or fog. Well you get the picture. Well, to my dismay the app stopped being able to load this body of work. The system would simply crash rather than to allow me to load this work. The app does allow me to load simple graphics and the basic new load where I can work normally up until; a certain point where the app would slow down significantly threatening to cash where as upon reaching that point I would save and close the program.

I assume that the graphics were memory intensive so I began to delete the greater portions of saved Tilt Brush material that I had on the system. Unfortunately, this did not rectify the situation. So at this point I am at a loss as to how to remedy the situation. These are my system specs.....

___________________________________________________________________________________

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home

System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

System Model B85M-D3H

System Type x64-based PC

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. F8, 10/24/2013

SMBIOS Version 2.7

Embedded Controller Version 255.255

BIOS Mode Legacy

BaseBoard Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

Platform Role Desktop

Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS

System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume3

Locale United States

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.16299.248"

Time Zone Eastern Standard Time

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB

Total Physical Memory 15.9 GB

Available Physical Memory 10.1 GB

Total Virtual Memory 40.9 GB

Available Virtual Memory 32.2 GB