New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Repair tool not working! Windows 7 hotfix repair KB26070838 not working

Isopod666Isopod666 Posts: 1
NerveGear
Hi all,

Sadly as a lot of people i'm also confronted with the 'need repair' tool. The only issue: It's not working! I downloaded & executed the file, but very soon got the notification: "Oculus setup requires the KB26070838 and KB033929 Windows 7 hotfixes. Please install these updates and run Oculus setup again'. By my first install this also was an issue, and is a know Oculus bug with Windows 7 machines. I fixed this with the cmd / /bypassHotfixCheck (link). Sadly and unfortunately this isn't working with the repair tool! So I can't fix my Oculus Rift! Can somebody help me? There must be more persons who have the same issue.

Thanks in advance for the response/advice!

Erwin

Comments

• VeRteuxVeRteux Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I have the same problem

• RubberStigRubberStig Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    edited March 14
    EDIT - FIXED! Restart the Oculus Service (TaskManager | Services | OVRService) or use Oculus Tray Tool to do the same. Oculus Home started immediately.

Same issue here. Both of the Windows KBs are already installed so the message from the repairer is bogus.

Note that the first KB is an update to Windows 7 Service Pack 1, and the requested file is from 2013 - 6 years old.