New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Stuttering after patch

JariNuoramoJariNuoramo Posts: 5
NerveGear
Hi guys

After todays patch i'm having massive stuttering. FPS meter shows 90 all the time, but it's definitely not 90
Feels more like 30-40 and it's impossible to drive iracing.

Does anybody have or had similar issues with stuttering while fps stays at 90??

Thank you in advance

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 25,642 Oculus Staff
    Have you tried different games besides iracing? Does the stutter happen in Oculus Home?
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • JariNuoramoJariNuoramo Posts: 5
    NerveGear
    No i havent. I had dirt rally installed, but its not installed in my oculus home for some reason. Havent got time to download this 40gb again.. 
    Stuttering is not happening in oculus home, at least i can't see it. But it is very noticeable in corners in iracing. Before this patch i had no problems with iracing, and it is only thing what changed at that date.
    Some people call this micro stuttering i guess?

I have 6700k, gtx1080, win10
    super and prefetch disabled
    hyperthreading disabled
    tested 3 different nvidia drivers with clean install

• RedRizlaRedRizla Posts: 4,553 Valuable Player
    Try running the Oculus setup again that's what I usually do..
    NerveGear
    Did that too. No help 
  • MrFraggleMrFraggle Posts: 39
    NerveGear
    I have major stuttering as soon as I get to the Oculus library, tried everything in fact I am getting bored with the whole thing and have yet to play a game apart from Robo recall briefly the other day. Thinking of selling it on.
    NerveGear
    Is it possible to rollback oculus app to "pre certificate patch" version? I wan't to try if it helps...
    I have now tried all tricks i found, but nothing helps. This computer is used only for iracing, and it is completely useless now.
  • YoLolo69YoLolo69 Posts: 932
    3Jane
    edited March 19
    Did you try to check iRacing forums or reach its devs support team? The patch was to fix a certificat expiration, I don't see how it could lead to the problem you see, so that's come from elsewhere for sure...

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

NerveGear
    Yes i did write and search iracing forums too. Several people reported same after this patch, and i havent yet seen any solutions..
    I know what the patch was, yet immediatelly after installation my stuttering problem started. 
  • stevemannnstevemannn Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    i also have this problem in assetto corsa. the only thing that fixes it, is if i alt tab.
    i am trying all sorts of things. i will let you know if i find a fix, and please let me know as well.
    this has been a month long battle. i even bought a new video card.
    so it is not your video card or drivers if thats what you are thinking.

i went from a gtx 970 to an AMD rx580.

• greg9ballgreg9ball Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    I have having the same problems with iRacing.  I've been using the Oculus with iRacing for 14 months without any issues.  Now Frame Rates are dropping to 30 - 55 for no apparent reason.  It's sporadic, but once it starts, it doesn't go away.  I've posted on iRacing and several Oculus users are having the same problem.

My video card is the 1070.  

iRacing has had updates as well, so I don't know if it's an Oculus issue or iRacing issue.  I don't use Oculus for anything other than iRacing, but I don't have any issues with the home screen.  

Any suggestions would be helpful.    This has been terribly frustrating.

• CDBeamsCDBeams Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    add me to the stuttering list....I'm in the same boat. I tried different settings in the renderdx11 file, nothing is working.  Oculus was fine before the date patch. If a solution is found.....please pass it my way....Thanking you in advance
    guages...GUAGES??......we don't need no stinkin guages
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 25,642 Oculus Staff
    Make sure to not run MSI Afterburner, RivaTuner, or similar apps when in VR.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • MAC_MAN86MAC_MAN86 Posts: 868
    Trinity
    edited April 30
    Make sure to not run MSI Afterburner, RivaTuner, or similar apps when in VR.
    I totally 2nd this. Also the reason is there is now much more memory demand somehow. I even had a similar repeat of this even after closing the overclock/fan monitor but then again I really do prefer to use PD=2 and know that that is heavy on the gpu. However, since stripping down my memory usage in Tasks it has helped it further. I wonder if this is a memory leak in Oculus Home as it got worse since April and both iRacing and E:D (in stations) are the culprits affected mostly. I doubt it is Nvidia as I reverted back to 384.94 only to strip back memory usage and it has less frame drops.
  • Olijke_PofferOlijke_Poffer Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Count me in as well. Since April I encounter stuttering while driving through corners in project Cars 2.
    I have a High end PC with a 1080ti 11gb Geforce card and never had any problems with Project Cars 2. It always was silkey smooth. But now the frame rate drops dramatically. From 90/91 on straights to 39/40 while cornering.. Did not found a solution yet.. 
  • Wallyj16Wallyj16 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    I bought a Rift in June, specifically for iRacing. I am able to use it on its own for its own games. As far as iracing goes, it's a bust! I am really frustrated. I updated my video card to an NVIDA 1070ti and my PC passes the test for the Oculus. My PC was new in April and then my video AMD video card was borderline, so I replaced it to be safe.

I don't have much room and I went for the Oculus for this reason. Has anyone found any solution yet? I have been through all the forums and customer support deals. I am trying Oculus customer support now. I don't know what else to do.