New to the forums? Click here to read the How To guide. -- Developers click here.

How to check for your $15 store credit.

LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,429 Volunteer Moderator
edited March 13 in General
Hi all, have received numerous questions regarding this so here is a bullet point summary:

• Your $15 (or your currency equivalent) will be applied within 7 days to your account
  • To qualify you must have used your Rift on or after February 1st 2018

Store credits legal bits: 
https://www.oculus.com/email/zdirect/?redirect=https://www.oculus.com/legal/store-credits/&uid=1252141654813511&eid=752665681591106

To check your store credit ballance:

When you receive store credit from Oculus, you can check your store credit balance from your settings in the Oculus app. Before you can use your store credit, you'll need to add a payment method to your account. All of your Oculus devices share the same store credit.

To check your store credit balance using the Oculus app on your computer:

1. Open the Oculus app on your computer.
  2. Select Settings in the left menu.
  3. Select the Payment tab to view your store credit balance.

Note: You can only use store credit in the currency it was issued in. Oculus store credit is non-transferable and cannot be used in another currency. 

Source:

https://support.oculus.com/176820559444065/

Example of how it looks:

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another :)

Comments

• bigmike20vtbigmike20vt Posts: 3,455 Valuable Player
    Note: You can only use store credit in the currency it was issued in. Oculus store credit is non-transferable and cannot be used in another currency.

I gotta admit this is a bit worrying, i hope they add the credit in the correct currency then as I only see stuff in sterling on my account.
    Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR :)
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 6,429 Volunteer Moderator

I gotta admit this is a bit worrying, i hope they add the credit in the correct currency then as I only see stuff in sterling on my account.

• Your $15 (or your currency equivalent) will be applied within 7 days to your account

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

its in the email too:

We’re very sorry for the disruption today. We’re providing a $15 Oculus Store credit (or currency equivalent) to people impacted by this issue.

• iJudgementiJudgement Posts: 169
    Art3mis
    I'm going to be impatient until I see mine. 
  • dragonart777dragonart777 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    i guess i well wait to see if i get store cradit.   but what i hope more is that i can use my oculus.   i been having so much problems with it since that update in feb.  black screen having to restart system 3 to 4 times just to get it to load right.
    and when it did work  if you took of helmet it would black out and not turn back on.   i updated it today and it worked first time. but i only had a mins to check it out.  hope this was the fix i been waiting for.
    i guess i well wait to see if i get store cradit.   but what i hope more is that i can use my oculus.   i been having so much problems with it since that update in feb.  black screen having to restart system 3 to 4 times just to get it to load right.
    and when it did work  if you took of helmet it would black out and not turn back on.   i updated it today and it worked first time. but i only had a mins to check it out.  hope this was the fix i been waiting for.
    Do you have Fast Start disabled in windows power options? Also disabling Guardian System for now fixes the HMD not powering back on.

• RavenBlueFeatherRavenBlueFeather Posts: 61
    Hiro Protagonist
    tried to link both my paypal and credit card to my oculus acouynt and page said ther was an error
  • MrKaruMrKaru Posts: 315 Poster of the Week
    Still no email, pretty sure I don't have the $15 yet, but it's hard to tell where I'm meant to be looking. 
  • kRAyZZedkRAyZZed Posts: 35
    Brain Burst
    It might take a while for the emails to trickle down to everyone - I still havent got mine, but one of my work colleagues got his.

Now the important question! What to spend it on? :d 
  • xShadowknightxShadowknight Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    Hi all, have received numerous questions regarding this so here is a bullet point summary:

https://www.oculus.com/email/zdirect/?redirect=https://www.oculus.com/legal/store-credits/&uid=1252141654813511&eid=752665681591106

When you receive store credit from Oculus, you can check your store credit balance from your settings in the Oculus app. Before you can use your store credit, you'll need to add a payment method to your account. All of your Oculus devices share the same store credit.

Source:

I hope so I didn't report anything about  it i just read the forums. I hope I get this store credit too because I don't see this view your store credit balance.... only my visa card is there

Source:

I hope so I didn't report anything about  it i just read the forums. I hope I get this store credit too because I don't see this view your store credit balance.... only my visa card is there
    It will be there once you receive it.,

• MrKaruMrKaru Posts: 315 Poster of the Week
    kRAyZZed said:
    It might take a while for the emails to trickle down to everyone - I still havent got mine, but one of my work colleagues got his.

Now the important question! What to spend it on? :d 
    Just got mine. I hadn't seen anybody else say they haven't got theirs until yours, so I was worried I was the only one. 

I'm thinking OrbusVR for me. I've been tempted by that game for a while, and having a good portion paid for is sweetening that deal. 
  • linck7uplinck7up Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    i reading this thinking " i got no email" then pop their it is lol
  • Atmos73Atmos73 Posts: 3,128 Valuable Player
    Just got my emails seconds ago in the UK.
    DK2 owner - Vive owner - Pimax 8k backer - Waiting for Knuckles on Valve time.
  • YoLolo69YoLolo69 Posts: 1,059
    Wintermute
    Got my email too! Good, thanks Oculus Team :) I accept your excuses obviously. I was a lucky one as a gamer and not as a Rift worker, so it was just a very little annoyance for me, not able to play my IL-2 VR session, and playing 2D games on my flat monitor. I had some good reading discovering all those new users who come here to check what's going on. Hope they will not disappear as quick as they appear, adding young blood to the forum :) I appreciate the 15$ gift, and will spend it soon. Thanks! :)

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 3770K OC 4.6GHz, GTX1080 OC 10%, 16GB DDR3 2448  OC, Oculus Rift CV1

• MadMax1998MadMax1998 Posts: 49
    Brain Burst
    Haven't received my credits yet, but I must say I am *very* pleased by how Oculus is handling this issue. I received the e-mail this morning well before running into the issue, so I was given a heads-up by the company who makes the product before I even experienced the problem. Now that is customer service to me, not beating around the bush and instead saying "we effed up" and "here's how to fix it". The fix was also laughably easy to apply, just a few clicks and back in business.

The fact we're getting store credits is just the icing on that cake. I commend you, Oculus, for A grade customer service!
  • rudiradiorudiradio Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    Does using Steam VR (with the Launcher open ofc) count as using your rift? Because thats the only thing im sure i did in februrary.
  • VR-OCALAVR-OCALA Posts: 469
    Trinity
    Haven't received mine either but the email does say "within the next 7 days" so not worried :-)

Thanks for the $15 credit, much appreciated!
  • vannagirlvannagirl Posts: 1,872 Valuable Player
    I have recieved nothing, i am not worried though.

Going without things for a short time does not always need compensating. Atleast for me, but itvis nice that they have ofc
    Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 
    Trinity
    vannagirl said:
    I have recieved nothing, i am not worried though.

Going without things for a short time does not always need compensating. Atleast for me, but itvis nice that they have ofc

Agreed, I would have been fine without it but won't complain for it!  
  • OzzzzyManOzzzzyMan Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    I'll have to check if I already received the credits,  but I have to say, this is great customer service. It was a slight annoyance I couldn't play elite dangerous in vr. But I imagine people showcasing oculus or doing work with it might be more impacted.  Either way,  I'm very pleased by the support of oculus. Thanks a lot! :smiley:
  • AussieStigAussieStig Posts: 210
    Art3mis
    Does this include DK2 users as well whose devices were also bricked by this lack of diligence ?
  • elbofforelboffor Posts: 2,571 Valuable Player
    Dk2 isnt officially supported so i highly doubt it
    This is my forum signature.
    There are many others like it, but this is mine.
  • Jackdaw01Jackdaw01 Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    Thank you! I have been wondering this myself and trying to search for it!

Now we sit and wait for a new thread with people saying they think more people should be fired because they haven't got "their" money yet.  :D
    This is my signature.
  • 5Tobi5Tobi Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Just Asking, we will see the 15 store credits when receive it right? and is there any way to know when we will recieve besides knowing its gonna happen within 7 days?
    Trinity
    5Tobi said:
    Just Asking, we will see the 15 store credits when receive it right? and is there any way to know when we will recieve besides knowing its gonna happen within 7 days?

Doubtful just check your settings --> payment screen for the credit.  
    Trinity
    Does this include DK2 users as well whose devices were also bricked by this lack of diligence ?

There is no word that Dk2 is covered, but I would suggest sending a support ticket in to ask rather than on here.  Oculus has been pretty good about supporting those who support them.  Don't assume the negative without asking.  Nobody really knows for sure so anything we post is just our guess.  Ask them to know for sure and please share the reply!
  • fish998fish998 Posts: 12
    NerveGear
    rudiradio said:
    Does using Steam VR (with the Launcher open ofc) count as using your rift? Because thats the only thing im sure i did in februrary.
    I ran Amercian Truck Sim (in VR) in February, but via Steam VR and I use the administrator trick to stop the Oculus software from launching with Steam VR games, so I might be out of luck.  If so that sucks because I DID try to use the Rift on March 6th when it was actually not working, and that's what the compensation is supposedly for.
  • AbsolutelyHorridAbsolutelyHorrid Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    I don't have anything in the way of an email yet, but I was using the device prior to the issue and attempting to during the same. I actually bought my Rift only on 6th March so you can imagine my panic when on 7th March it stopped working!  :s

Three hours of rolling back drivers, reseating cables and Googling.  :D
    Intel Core i7 8700K @ 4.8GHz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 RAM @ 3200MHz | MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X GPU | Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Sandisk SSD PLUS 480GB | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | Corsair Void Pro RGB Wireless 7.1 Headset | Logitech Z625 2.1 THX Speakers | Logitech G703 Mouse | Logitech POWERPLAY Wireless Charging System | Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2 Keyboard | Saitek X52 Pro Stick & Throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 (2 sensor setup)
  • john.zigmontjohn.zigmont Posts: 27
    Brain Burst
    I must say that general support and freebies are great
    Thanks for the credit,