Did you mean: 

[GIVEAWAY OVER] OCULUS VR + TOUCH “RAK” GIVEAWAY

VRMageddon-1
Rising Star

OCULUS VR + TOUCH “RAK” GIVEAWAY 

*** Please read the rules, especially the last one. ***

I am giving away one brand new Oculus VR + Touch + Extended Warranty via direct
ship from Amazon.  This is a legitimate
personal contest and I have cleared it with Oculus before posting.

I am not an Oculus employee and Oculus is not financially
involved with this in any way.  I am
solely responsible.  I am not rich,  I just enjoy doing stuff like this from time
to time.  I am posting the rules first
and then the contest below.  If you don’t
read the rules or follow the entry requirements, then your entry(ies) won’t
count.  My money, my contest, my
rules!  (What a bitch, right?)

If you want to keep track of which entries are valid, I will be using the "awesome" tag for valid entries.  I may "like" or "lol" other entries, but only the "awesome" will tag an entry as valid based on the rules.  Other people using awesome is cool but only mine denotes that your entry is in the running.  Remember, it's not a contest for who is kindest; all valid entries have an equal chance.

Rules:

1)     
Entries must follow the instructions below.  If they do not, they won’t count.

2)     
All users are free to PM me, but PMs that
attempt to persuade me to choose their entry will not work.  If I could afford to buy the whole world an
Oculus, I would, but I can’t and this is not a charity so please PLEASE don’t
send me messages about how you deserve the prize because you’re poor or some
other sad story.  I will feel bad for you
and probably cry, but it won’t influence the outcome.

3)     
You may enter more than once but each entry must
uniquely follow the rules.  Intentional
duplication will invalidate all entries.

4)     
Only entries posted publicly in this thread
count.

5)     
Do NOT send me personal info.  Neither I, nor anyone else (nobody else is
involved with this) will ask for any personal information.  If anyone messages you asking for it, do NOT
give it, it’s not me.

6)     
The winner will need to provide a name and
shipping address, but do not do so unless I have notified you by PM AND posted
that you won in the thread.  If it’s not
in the thread that you won and didn’t come from my account, ignore and report
it.

7)     
If you think this is a fraud/farce I have done
this before when Black Desert Online came out. 
I gave away like $500 worth of accounts. 
You can verify at this link
http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/11792-angels-bdo-giveaway-conquerors-pack/&page=...

.  I no longer play that anymore, but you
can see that it’s legit.  If you read the
thread you will also see I took some abuse for it as some people thought it was
fake and some people were pissed they didn’t win, but no good deed goes unpunished!

😎     
I will be active chatting in the thread because…
because I will, you do not have to kiss my butt, it won’t help your chances of
winning.

9)     
The contest will end on April 1.  Winner will be announced by April 4.

10)  
The contest will be extended if necessary until
the required number of entries is reached.

11)  
The prize and shipping within the USA have no
charge and no strings attached.  If you
win and live outside the USA you will have to pay for shipping.  Sorry!

12)  
The winner will be chosen at random from proper
entries.  If you do not win I hope you will
at least have had fun participating.

13)  
The prize is an Oculus Rift + Touch.  Do not ask me to substitute prizes or
cash.  If you don’t want the prize you
are free to sell it or give it as a gift.

14)  
These rules are subject to addendum if I find I
have left out something important.

15)    All RAK's must be new ones, not what you have done in the past.  Past kindness is awesome but new kindness counts as an entry!

THE CONTEST!

This is an “RAK” Contest. 
RAK = Random Act of Kindness.

In order to enter you will need to do 2 things in each
entry.

1)     
Post a unique Random Act of Kindness.  By unique I mean that if you enter more than
once (you may enter as often as you feel inclined) you must post a different
RAK. 

2)     
If you are a current Oculus owner you must list
your favorite Oculus title or use and why. 
If you are not an Oculus owner you must post why you want an
Oculus.  If you are entering for a
second, third, or greater time post either another title, app, or use OR detail
a fun experience you have had gaming with other Oculus users.

I LOVE random acts of kindness.  I try to do one as often as I can.  Now I realize the fact that you will be
looking to do them sort of removes the “random” part of it, but it’s really the
acts of kindness I get off on (that maybe doesn’t sound right… or does it?).

Random acts of kindness do NOT include things you would
normally do every day.  Helping your brother
with his homework does not count.  Doing
chores does not count.  If it’s something
you would normally do, that’s not what I am after.  Helping someone who wasn’t expecting it is
the idea.  Stopping to help a stranded
motorist… helping an old lady across the street (she had to want to cross the
street… don’t drag some old person kicking and screaming across the street!)…
something that brightens someone else’s day when they really could not have
expected it is what I’m after.

Maybe this contest isn’t really relevant to Oculus, but this
is an awesome community, so we’ll see.

I am looking for 100 or more valid entries between now and
April 1.  Please share the contest link
with your social media friends, reddit, etc. 
Maybe it will bring some new people to Oculus.

This is a self-serving contest.  I just love seeing people be kind.  I do realize that some posts will be total
BS.  Hopefully they are kept to a
minimum.  If they are obvious BS they
will be invalidated.  If you claim to
have run into a burning building to save people, please post a link to the news
story!

I hope everyone enjoys my little contest and maybe gets a
smile out of it and I hope whoever wins really enjoys the hell out of their
prize!

~Aliantha~

284 REPLIES 284

KingBlackpixel
Expert Protege
This is brilliant! 
1 CPU: Alienware M17 R4: NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 3080 16GB GDDR6, 10th Generation Intel Core(TM) i9-10980HK (8-Core, 16MB Cache, up to 5.3GHz Max Turbo Frequency)
2nd CPU: Alienware Aurora R12: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X, 11th Gen Intel Core i9 11900KF (8-Core, 16MB Cache, 3.5GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost)

VRMageddon-1
Rising Star

This is brilliant! 

Thanks!  Should be fun!

KingBlackpixel
Expert Protege
Yeah I just posted in TEN THOUSAND HOURS and a few other small groups. I think everyone should have VR especially ARTIST and Game Developers. I've been ten times more productive lately. Thanks for bringing the opposite of TROLLING to the internet Aliantha

1 CPU: Alienware M17 R4: NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 3080 16GB GDDR6, 10th Generation Intel Core(TM) i9-10980HK (8-Core, 16MB Cache, up to 5.3GHz Max Turbo Frequency)
2nd CPU: Alienware Aurora R12: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X, 11th Gen Intel Core i9 11900KF (8-Core, 16MB Cache, 3.5GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost)

VRMageddon-1
Rising Star

Yeah I just posted in TEN THOUSAND HOURS and a few other small groups. I think everyone should have VR especially ARTIST and Game Developers. I've been ten times more productive lately. Thanks for bringing the opposite of TROLLING to the internet Aliantha

My pleasure!  I'm going to edit the rules shortly and add a warranty to the prize, they are cheap enough on Amazon.

FastForward352
Heroic Explorer
You're really incredible ! In France, I call a person like you Une Grande Dame 😘 Respect !
Asus X99-A MB | i7 5820K @ 3.30GHz | Asus ROG-STRIX 1080Ti | 32 Gb RAM | SSD SAMSUNG 500Go M-2 |  Samsung 40" 4K Screen | T500RS & TH8A Shifter on Wheel Stand Pro | TM Warthog & Combat Rudder Pedals | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | OCULUS RIFT CV1 - 3 Sensor roomscale setup

WiLLuMPJuH
Adventurer
Not participating, but have to say : That' s a great RAK you have yourself and to just give that away ....

Wow. 😛 😉

FastForward352
Heroic Explorer
First entry :
It was this morning, 12 hours ago, does it count ?
My hairdresser went to my home to cut my hair, I gave her 20 Euros of course, it's her job, but I also gave her about 250 Euros worth of meal tickets (Tickets Restaurant) I got from my job because I know she lives alone with her 16 yo girl, and she needs them more than me (I live alone too, but I only have a cat to feed).

Otherwise, I am a mean old misanthropist >:)

Asus X99-A MB | i7 5820K @ 3.30GHz | Asus ROG-STRIX 1080Ti | 32 Gb RAM | SSD SAMSUNG 500Go M-2 |  Samsung 40" 4K Screen | T500RS & TH8A Shifter on Wheel Stand Pro | TM Warthog & Combat Rudder Pedals | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | OCULUS RIFT CV1 - 3 Sensor roomscale setup

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wow, so good of you to do this!

It's difficult for me to do random acts of kindness because my severe depression makes it difficult for me to keep in touch with friends and family and I also have great difficulty leaving my flat.

I did, however, actually help an old lady across the road a few months back. I saw that she was looking stressed and didn't walk across the pelican crossing when the green man lit up. I asked if she was okay and she said she got intimidated crossing the road even when the green man was lit. So I pressed the button again, waited with her and walked her across. I also waited with her at the bus stop afterwards until her bus came because Tottenham is a bit of a rough area and the kids had just been let out of school.

And whilst it isn't a random act of kindness I also adopted my best friend's puss cat, Rufus, when he died from cirrhosis a while back. He was such a lovely puss too. He was a big old Ginger Nut who used to be so affectionate. I used to wake up every morning with him asleep on my hip. I lost him to a heart attack three years ago unfortunately, but at least he's with my mate Dave now. 😞

My favourite game is Elite Dangerous because I've been dreaming about flying one of those ships in real life since playing the first game on my 48K Speccy in 1984. The first game has been number one on my best games of all time list and I didn't think ANYTHING would knock that off the top spot. It's now number two! B)

I don't think I'll ever forget the first time I saw the inside of a Coriolis space station or the first time I jumped out of hyperspace and 16 months later I'm still playing the game with a bloomin great big daft smile on my face. 🙂

VRMageddon-1
Rising Star

First entry :
It was this morning, 12 hours ago, does it count ?
My hairdresser went to my home to cut my hair, I gave her 20 Euros of course, it's her job, but I also gave her about 250 Euros worth of meal tickets (Tickets Restaurant) I got from my job because I know she lives alone with her 16 yo girl, and she needs them more than me (I live alone too, but I only have a cat to feed).

Otherwise, I am a mean old misanthropist >:)

I didn't specify a date range, will edit it to be new RAK's but I think we can keep that!